Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

Is it just me, or does Halo 3 on MCC feel off?

OP Dr Robaldnik

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4
Open your ports in the router(Portforwarding). Port 80-port-88-port-53 and keep upnp on..DO NOT RELAY ON UPNP ALONE..Your bullets will now hit the target and make damage.
Should one really need to do all that just to achieve what shouldn't even be an issue in the first place?
It's not just halo 3 that is off. Halo 2, 2a, and especially ce have issues that are either exclusive to the mcc or were in older versions of the games.
Yh to be honest I've been getting some issues which is annoying me now! Just want to play the games I love with no issues!
Me and my brother were like wtf why does the hit detection seem so off recently I'm know I'm not this bad. Thought I was going crazy. Do you guys also get 1% packet loss on Xbox speed test? Or just me? Do the test multiple times to be sure!
Me and my brother were like wtf why does the hit detection seem so off recently I'm know I'm not this bad. Thought I was going crazy. Do you guys also get 1% packet loss on Xbox speed test? Or just me? Do the test multiple times to be sure!
The hit detection is worse than Halo 3 on the 360. I tested it out with a friend and the difference is there. In MCC you need to lead your shots (90% of the time, even if they are close), but you don't have to lead the same shots in Halo 3.
The hit detection is worse than Halo 3 on the 360. I tested it out with a friend and the difference is there. In MCC you need to lead your shots (90% of the time, even if they are close), but you don't have to lead the same shots in Halo 3.
Hmm, the experience is backwards for me. I played loads of halo 3, even had a 50, for 3 I always led my shots but trying to do it on MCC doesn't seem to work very well. I watched my brother shoot the -Yoink- out of this dudes head on narrows from a decent distance and he just wouldn't die.
I've been noticing this the last little bit more than usual and it is kind of annoying. More so with the BR but i've been having problems all around with hit detection in H3 the last bit. I'm pretty sure it's not my connection either because all the other games run completely fine for me.
I wasn't around for the OG Halo 3 days (as far as multiplayer anyway, I was an offline campaign-only gamer back then) but more than once I've been so frustrated playing MCC Halo 3 matchmaking that I've thought to myself "How in the world was this game so popular back in the day if it always played like this??" I'll just pump burst after burst after burst into people with the BR - in red reticle range, BTW - and it feels like I'm shooting blanks.

Now I openly admit I'm on the low end of the skill spectrum, I suck. But nevertheless, I do better in virtually every other Halo game's multiplayer. Which is a shame because I like everything else about Halo 3. Sadly I exclude Halo 3 in the match composer now, except for some occasional Action Sack.
Ugh thank goodness it’s not just me being crazy lol. I can’t do anything on mcc especially on h3. I’ll start shooting first and cannot win anymore. They will literally have one shot left and I’ll shoot them multiple times while I’m full health and they will win me. It’s so frustrating. Melee never works or does any damage for me 90% of the time, Shots are blank and never register and my nades either don’t work or disappear when I throw them. 😩😡 I feel like I’m wading through thick mud when I try to move my spartan in game.. so slow and heavy and not smooth at all. And I always have packet loss at 1% as well. I basically have a $500 paperweight now since I can’t play...
MCC certainly has a hit detection issue with all weapons. Rockets regularly only break shields, lasers only damage vehicles, snipers and br = blood.

I cant believe the game is this old and this issue is still as prevalent and doesn’t seem to be noticed by 343.

If these issues are still around for PC, the game is going to go downhill fast.
I suspect the hit detection issues are in all the Halo games in tmcc. Halo CE certainly has them which is where I spend the majority of my time.
It's crazy because I went to play the 360 Halo 3 not long ago and I'm WAY better there than on MCC.
Implement a way to choose our nearest datacenters, or to force local play and those problems will be gone. It's also an issue due to the poor way 60 fps works in the old titles (H1, H2 and H3), as H4 and H2A don't have these problems. Although, the issue is clearly worse in both: H3 and CE, because they're bullet based instead of hitscan.
Got my new router, sorry I forgot about this thread guys. Didn't help shots are still off or not registering and tonight in a 2v2 I got one shoted with a br... Here's the clip. https://1drv.ms/v/s!AjgbIjRk3mbbk3uyTBIwtJCpsB4E?e=cTxKn6
Got my new router, sorry I forgot about this thread guys. Didn't help shots are still off or not registering and tonight in a 2v2 I got one shoted with a br... Here's the clip. https://1drv.ms/v/s!AjgbIjRk3mbbk3uyTBIwtJCpsB4E?e=cTxKn6
Yeah the game is literally unplayable if you are from Eastern Europe. It's the game itself though, Halo 3 on the 360 is 10x better.
Yeah the game is literally unplayable if you are from Eastern Europe. It's the game itself though, Halo 3 on the 360 is 10x better.
I'm from Australia and find h3 mcc just pointless to bother with , both the bad net coding and the servers (190ping Aus-west US most of my games regardless of time of day )
h4 H2A and h5 are ok , not great .but are at least you can play and have some fun .
im currently taking a break from online halo and playing call of duty , doom, titanfall 2 anything with bots as it's more enjoyable and ultimately less frustrating . Of course I'd much prefer to be playing halo but unless they add bots or do something drastic to improve the server situation for overseas players . I'll probably just stick with other fps titles for the foreseeable future as it's just so annoying having to play halo like this .
You'll find that because Halo 3 doesn't use hit-scan, it instead rely's on the projectiles to directly hit the target. You'll also find that because of the net-code, some of your shots may not register when hitting an opponents because it prioritizes moving objects such as grenades. It kinda sucks but if you learn how to get around it , you can have some fun :D
If I remember things I used to read on bungie, halo 3's bullet physics were closely tied to the frame rate of 30fps. All weapons were projectile and those projectiles would advance per frame. There were also some added nerfs that were applied to the host to combat the host advantage. So upping it to 60 fps changed things, and the whole host nerfs don't apply properly anymore. In campaign I have noticed things like the scarab moving quicker and more oddly in MCC. I think the fps also was tied to the AI in halo 3.

I'm no developer so all this may be BS but it's kind of my reasoning as to why every aspect of halo 3 and odst feels off in mcc in a way that halo ce, 2, and 4 don't
I'm no expert by any means but that looks like the grenade popped your shields a split second before the br headshot for what felt like an instakill.

EDIT: Just watched it again in slow mo and yeah, that's bs, grenade even didn't hit you.
Halo 3 on the current MCC is noticeably different than Halo 3 on the old MCC, and both of those versions of Halo 3 are noticeably different than the original Halo 3. It's almost a meme at this point.
I've also seen somewhere that halo 3 on MCC uses an old non updated version of halo 3, like when og halo 3 first launched version 1.0 instead of 1.2. let me see if I can find the video. https://youtu.be/J83X2ev94nQ. 2 min and 12 secs in he mentions it.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4