Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

Is it just me, or does Halo 3 on MCC feel off?

OP Dr Robaldnik

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4
omarlotrc wrote:
HC SOlO wrote:
LeviHawk24 wrote:
They slightly changed every game
Bad idea if you ask me.
I don't think it was intentional.
intentional or not, bad idea....
HC SOlO wrote:
omarlotrc wrote:
HC SOlO wrote:
LeviHawk24 wrote:
They slightly changed every game
Bad idea if you ask me.
I don't think it was intentional.
intentional or not, bad idea....
Well, hopefully they fix things.
So I know I might get the inevitable comments telling me to just "git gud" at the game, but I will risk it, seeing as how I want to know if anyone else has shared the same experience as I have. Halo 3's multiplayer gameplay in the Master Chief Collection feels different. Something feels off about it, and I'm not an expert on video game programming, but I'll try to explain the best I can to why it feels off. I've played a few social game matches of Halo 3 Slayer yesterday, and to put it simply, the hit detection is bad. I can't seem to damage my opponents enough before they kill me. I know there's the whole "projectile based aiming system" in Halo 3, and I'm able to do pretty well if I lead my shots in the original Halo 3, but even if I do manage to lead my shots and hit the enemy, it seems like my bullets do less damage than they're supposed to, and sometimes I swear that I shoot an enemy enough to get the kill, yet he get's away. Like, I shoot a spartan in the back with a battle rifle ten times and still don't get the kill, yet if I get shot, I die very quickly. I've heard somewhere (I don't remember where, a video I think) that hit detection in Halo 3 online multiplayer is determined by player internet connection. Is this true?

As a side note, I do decently playing multiplayer matches in other Halo games on MCC, yet when I play Halo 3 I just outright suck.
Your are not alone man. I have a bunch of clips on my xbox from games where I watch my bullets and count how many hit and shields don't pop/player doesn't die when the required amount of shots hit. I have a couple of clips where it took up to 15 BR bullets to pop the players shields. I also have some where a bullet goes directly into a player's head (with no shields) and he just walks it off. In many of these instances I also counted the bullets hitting me and my shields always seem to pop at the appropriate time. I can't find a logical explanation for why my bullets wouldn't count but others' shots on me would but that really seems to be the case. It's obviously really bad because I now have absolutely no confidence that my bullets are counting. I'm most probably going to stop playing MCC because this lack of confidence really makes the game hard to play.

BTW I live in Montreal and my internet is decently fast only 12ms ping.
Maybe the latest update has fixed some issues? It seems better to me.
Haha, funny as I just finished playing all games on MCC last night, and I was telling my buddy how I love playing all of them...except Halo 3. Guess I have a solid reason why now!
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4