Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

Is MCC finally working then??

OP antondeshon

I've stuck to playing Halo 360 games on my XBox One (after reading the horror stories about MCC) but would like to pick a copy up if they've fixed the Multiplayer now?

My 9yr old daughter is into Halo too, fingers crossed MCC is split-screen then!
Yes, it's fine. I usually get a match within thirty seconds and almost never experience game breaking glitches. It crashes every once in a while and will autoban you for five minutes because it thought you left a game on purpose, but it's worth getting. Go look on twitch if you want to see before you buy, there are tons of PvP streamers and a few campaign ones.

MCC is splitscreen, I play with my wife more than I play by myself.
Yeah it works, mostly. Compared to what it was before the big September update, it's like an actual final release build now.
Yeah its a masterpiece now but the things you wanna look out for

1. AFK players
2. People that kill you if you take a power weapon/vehicle
3. some people just keep jumping of the maps
4. Sometimes rare though you get a uneven match
I hope you and your daughter have a blast ;)

There's rumour that is going around lately that MCC could be getting Halo reach/ PC release take it as a pinch of salt
Depending on what setting you choose for the Social Matchmaking, if its too specific, it can take a while to find a match depending on the population for the game and gametype, if very general, matchmaking times can be quick then.
Its so much better than what is was before! Matchmaking is quick, gameplay is buttery smooth, and the campaigns are splitscreen and play better than they ever did! Totally worth it.
MCC is really great now. It’s largely in line with what the original vision was.

Said another way, if the game launched in this state everyone would have been very happy.
There are some annoying campaign bugs. They don't impact gameplay all that much though. Just prepare yourself to notice them
depends, campaign over xbox live is still -Yoinked!-. normal MP seems to be fixed
Nope the hit registration is worse now and they removed voting system biggest downgrade if you ask me playing other games now because who wants to get kicked out the lobby for being afk when I'm not but then I match afk players 90% of the time its a joke
EU Tripper wrote:
Nope the hit registration is worse now and they removed voting system biggest downgrade if you ask me playing other games now because who wants to get kicked out the lobby for being afk when I'm not but then I match afk players 90% of the time its a joke
What’s it with people not using punctuation?
CrazeTurk wrote:
EU Tripper wrote:
What’s it with people not using punctuation?
Because I'm to lazy?