Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection

[Locked] Is MCC worth getting just for Halo 4 multiplayer?

OP Proselyte22

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
I have always loved Halo 4 multiplayer and I'm eager to get back into it after a multi-year hiatus. I began playing it on my old Xbox 360 yesterday, but I wondered whether or not it might be worth getting the MCC just to play H4 on my Xbox One. How many people are playing MCC:H4 on an average day? Is there any other significant advantage to MCC:H4 other than frame-rate and resolution?
With OG Halo 4 being nearly abandoned and Halo 4 looking pretty damn spectacular in 1080p 60fps, I'd say there's no reason not to get it. There is also the benefit of every other game under the name. With the Match Composer being in effect, Social Halo 4 still has a fair amount of players. There is no Ranked Halo 4 yet however.
Only 343 would be able to tell you how many people are playing it daily, but I can get games when I do play it.
H4 on MCC has a decent amount of players. If you're competitive in H4, keep in mind that there is no ranked matchmaking yet and you will be playing on the original launch build. Meaning that you will find some weapon skins, perks, and armor are not present. However, all of the unlockables are unlocked right from the start, so you can start customizing your loadouts. You will be also to play on all DLC maps, since all Halos have all the multiplayer maps DLC or not. 343i is continuing to improve H4s matchmaking, like community maps from forge and gametypes on specific maps. That will keep you hooked.

And, you don't have to install all 4 Halos just to play 1 game, just pick your games, install campaign and/or multiplayer and go.

With that, I hope you'll see me in H4!
H4 on MCC has a decent amount of players. If you're competitive in H4, keep in mind that there is no ranked matchmaking yet and you will be playing on the original launch build. Meaning that you will find some weapon skins, perks, and armor are not present. However, all of the unlockables are unlocked right from the start, so you can start customizing your loadouts. You will be also to play on all DLC maps, since all Halos have all the multiplayer maps DLC or not. 343i is continuing to improve H4s matchmaking, like community maps from forge and gametypes on specific maps. That will keep you hooked.

And, you don't have to install all 4 Halos just to play 1 game, just pick your games, install campaign and/or multiplayer and go.

With that, I hope you'll see me in H4!
I wouldn't say it's the original launch build since the settings are all post TU. (X on dead body, 4sk BR, nerfed DMR, etc.)

OP, it is definitely worth it.
Thanks for the advice. I will plan on picking MCC up.
Through intelligent delivery you can actually just have H4 downloaded onto your Hard drive.

But man, have you every tried the other three much, much better games on the disc? I heard they'rte pretty good ;)
Hopefully you can tell me this, if I purchase the Master Chief Collection, do I have to download the ENTIRE set of games and then uninstall the ones I don't want afterwards? The store says it's 88.05 gigs....which leads me to believe that I have to download the entire collection right off the bat. I have a monthly data cap with my internet.

I do enjoy the other Halo's and I would undoubtedly play them again, but H4 is my favorite.
Nevermind. I'm going to buy it today from the MS Store and find out either way.
Hopefully you can tell me this, if I purchase the Master Chief Collection, do I have to download the ENTIRE set of games and then uninstall the ones I don't want afterwards? The store says it's 88.05 gigs....which leads me to believe that I have to download the entire collection right off the bat. I have a monthly data cap with my internet.

I do enjoy the other Halo's and I would undoubtedly play them again, but H4 is my favorite.
Generally, games on Xbox One will allow you to start a game before 100% installation occurs, at which point, you could theoretically go in and tell the game which games you want and which you don't want before installation is complete. I'm not certain of this, though.

Another option is to get the disk version, which could save you some data usage. You would still need to update the game over the internet, but it would be less data than downloading the whole game digitally.
Buy it, it is a lot of fun, you should try the other Halo's after checking Halo 4 on MCC. I got the disc Version and after the big Update last year there is 256MB that they are using from the disk and 77GB will be downloaded. You have to Download someting like 5GB after that you can start the game and deselect everything you don't like.
OP, when the game is ready to start, you can go in and prioritise Halo 4 and deselect other games you don't wish to have. This will speed up the download and save space for games you don't intend on playing.
I was able to do with iiBloxorz said. Worked like a charm.
I was able to do with iiBloxorz said. Worked like a charm.
Glad I could help! :)
I wouldn't mind a follow, OP, on your impressions of Halo 4 & the MCC on Xbox One vs the 360, if you get a chance. You happy with your decision?
I am happy with my decision to purchase the MCC. Halo 4 just looks so darn good and it seems as though the playlists are populated well enough to play the game-types I want. It's a significant improvement over the Xbox 360 version. I must admit that I do miss the progression system and even the menus of the X360 version.
I’d say so, H4 has a large player base on mcc, I can usually find a match in less that. 20 sec, customization is a little lacking though. Do note h4 is cross compatible between consoles.
Do you mean that MCC:H4 and Xbox 360:H4 can play together or do you mean that Xbox360/H4 and Backwards Compatible H4 can cross play?
Do you mean that MCC:H4 and Xbox 360:H4 can play together or do you mean that Xbox360/H4 and Backwards Compatible H4 can cross play?
I think Halouniverse meant to type that Halo 4 in MCC is not cross compatible. i.e. MCC:H4 and 360:H4 cannot match with each other. 360:H4 and Back Compat 360:H4 can match with each other :)
Halo 4 looks amazing in MCC. I totally recommend it for the multiplayer too.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2