Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

[Locked] Is MCC worth getting just for Halo 4 multiplayer?

OP Proselyte22

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
I am happy with my decision to purchase the MCC. Halo 4 just looks so darn good and it seems as though the playlists are populated well enough to play the game-types I want. It's a significant improvement over the Xbox 360 version. I must admit that I do miss the progression system and even the menus of the X360 version.
It is a gorgeous game (especially in 4K if you've seen it) ... and it always has been. It had no business looking that good on the 360. I just hope they add that customization to the MCC ... and my Mark V armor!!!
Absolutely. When it comes to multiplayer, I play Halo 4 almost exclusively. Used to be that you could play Halo 4 only in its own ranked playlist (which hardly worked, in terms of pairing you with players of similar rank.)

But now that we've got the match composer, Halo 4 plays like a dream. On top of the inherent improvements of being on the Collection, like 1080p and 60fps, lagging and black screens from host migrations happen significantly less in Halo 4 on the MCC.

Matchmaking times are also fairly good, depending on the circumstances. In my experience, you can always find a 4v4 pretty quickly. But if you want 8v8, you might have to wait awhile unless you're playing in the afternoon (EST). There's also a large skill gap among the players in Halo 4. I've seen everyone from Halo 4's best to people who are new to FPS games in general.
Spartan finder has all the player counts for halo stuff. As of the time I’m posting this halo 4 has 20 percent of the total mcc player count, being the second largest player count.
http://spartanfinder.com/mcc.php
Please don't revive old topics thanks
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2