Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

Is the Halo Reach audio getting fixed?

OP Major Sousa

It has been muffled since the flights and has never been fixed. It's still in the game after release and it sounds awful.
He's a video someone made on youtube showing the problem:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9mY0SFTLjk&t
It it getting fixed anytime soon?
I'm keeping from plaiyng the campagin until it is fixed.
They have known for 3 months so expect it be fixed next year LOL
Can't believe they released Reach with such a big glaring issue.
I would have rather have them delay the game.
I feel like someone super high up heard it and said "oh its not that bad"
While they're at it, hopefully they can fix the similar issue that affects MCC H3 audio as well.

MCC Halo 3 vs 360 Halo 3 - Gun sound comparison
Chronic627 wrote:
I feel as if you are correct as I have seen many big halo youtubers and many forum posts saying that it may not even be 343's fault it is some greedy HR's at Microsoft and it makes sense tbh
Chronic627 wrote:
I feel as if you are correct as I have seen many big halo youtubers and many forum posts saying that it may not even be 343's fault it is some greedy HR's at Microsoft and it makes sense tbh
everyone high up are clueless its the poor people that have to work hard and code this mess and hit the deadline even tho the game is broken and still they release the game and 343 have fired so many talented people for no reason
Clueded wrote:
Chronic627 wrote:
everyone high up are clueless its the poor people that have to work hard and code this mess and hit the deadline even tho the game is broken and still they release the game and 343 have fired so many talented people for no reason
Even if that is the case I don't understand how they can mess up the audio like that. It's just audio. Is it really that complicated to take the audio files from one game and move it to the MCC and not make it sound like crap?
While they're at it, hopefully they can fix the similar issue that affects MCC H3 audio as well.

I thought this was only with Reach... Yikes
This is a huge let down. I spend money on this, and the audio is just so unbearably terrible. I have tried playing the campaign TWICE. Noticed it in December, and here we are in Feb 2020, just tried again, still an issue.
This is a huge let down. I spend money on this, and the audio is just so unbearably terrible. I have tried playing the campaign TWICE. Noticed it in December, and here we are in Feb 2020, just tried again, still an issue.
Are you on PC or Xbox? I was very skeptical prior to launch about the whole audio issue, but it's really not unbearable or gamebreaking on console at least. Nevertheless, I look forward to the fix that is currently in the works.
Are you on PC or Xbox? I was very skeptical prior to launch about the whole audio issue, but it's really not unbearable or gamebreaking on console at least. Nevertheless, I look forward to the fix that is currently in the works.
I don't know man,I'm on consile I quit the campaign (and now the whole mcc) on the second level due to the audio being so bad. I've been waiting for a fix to get back in and get it done.

I own all the og disks so it's not a big deal for me but the mcc as a whole even with 343 slowly fixing things is a huge overall disappointment
It is indeed not unbearable on console, but it's still annoying. There are many sound issues across the whole MCC. For instance, H2A skips the audio when reloading your weapon 20% of the time. On Reach, we can't hear the marines during the campaign, which removes some of the immersion.
Holy -Yoink-. I just tried playing Reach for the first time (ever--I'm new to Halo), and this audio bug drove me to quit before the first level was up. I didnt even know it was a bug since I had no point of reference. I've never heard a game sound THIS bad before! It made me physically ill. I can't believe they A) released it like this, B) haven't fixed it yet. I wasn't going to play Reach until after I had played ODST since I wanted to play the games in the order they came out in, but I figured now that I have the MCC, I may as well play it. I guess I am going back to my original plan then, and I hope they have it fixed by the time ODST comes out. BLEGH. I still feel nauseous from that muffled, claustrophobic auditory mess...
Looking forward to this fix. Multichannel surround sound has always been one of the hallmarks of Halo games for me.
I just installed the MCC on xbox 1 and the audio so far is horrendous. Muffled, inaccurate, and severely lacking depth. That was using headphones, tried playing without them because there is no real audio tweaking on console, I figured maybe my tv setting could at least make it a bit better and the gunfire and voice is almost inaudible over the ambient noise and background music.

I thought this was only with Reach... Yikes
Yeah those H3 Issues have been a thing since MCC launched, Plus H2C's audio becoming all distorted when too much is going on at the same time.
The audio has been fixed, yay!