Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

Is there an invisible rank in social now?

OP jcwrekszZ1

I swear, after the latest update, BTB matches have been sweatier than usual. Don’t get me wrong, I get bored of absolutely steamrolling every single team, but I remember H3’s social playlists were confirmed by Shiska back in the day to have invisible ranks, and this feels similar.
jcwrekszZ1 wrote:
I swear, after the latest update, BTB matches have been sweatier than usual. Don’t get me wrong, I get bored of absolutely steamrolling every single team, but I remember H3’s social playlists were confirmed by Shiska back in the day to have invisible ranks, and this feels similar.
no, me and my partied up team just wrecked you!
BTB seems the same to me. I think MCC uses a hidden MMR system like other Halos, but it has loose skill matching.
Maybe it depends on the exact gametypes, but I can tell you that Halo 4 doesn't seem to have any skill-based matchmaking in the MCC. Steaktacular medals are given out in pretty much every match.
jcwrekszZ1 wrote:
I play a lot of BTB solo. Some days you just get unlucky, you get teams that are so bad, nothing you could possible do could stop you from losing. I've has games where I get 49 kills and 4 deaths in a slayer and lose . 58 kills and 8 deaths in a slayer, still lose. And sometimes you match up with a full team.If you want proof there is a hidden matchmaking system, create a smurf account. It will blow your mind.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post inappropriate content.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
jcwrekszZ1 wrote:
I play a lot of BTB solo. Some days you just get unlucky, you get teams that are so bad, nothing you could possible do could stop you from losing. I've has games where I get 49 kills and 4 deaths in a slayer and lose . 58 kills and 8 deaths in a slayer, still lose. And sometimes you match up with a full team.If you want proof there is a hidden matchmaking system, create a smurf account. It will blow your mind.
Rocketship, are you saying you DO notice a difference in the competition when you log in with a smurf account in MCC social?
I have no idea, but in the last hour and a half I haven't been able to find any matches in H1 or H3 8v8 Slayer. It seemed fine yesterday for H3 at least.
I feel the Matchmaking is still randomly balanced; sometimes you get a fair match, but the majority of the time you end up getting absolutely destroyed.
Nah, there is a H3 BTB tournament coming up so there are probably people playing it a lot now. More people playing with teams and searching. Definitely not a hidden rank.