Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection

Is this Better than the orginals

OP SithLord345

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
I want to new before buying. because I love Halo a lot.
Visually, yes, but if you want specific things from each game, you may not find them in the MCC. CE has the greatest features (in comparison to the original), while Halo 3 suffers the greatest drawbacks.
Depends what you want.

If you want the full Halo campaigns, with more controls options, 1080p, 60fps, achievements, screenshot and video capture. Then yeah. It's better.

If you want a fully realised MP mode. Then no. Ranking is off, playlists are messed up, armour customisation and unlocks are gimped, along with a whole host of bugs and glitches. I mean, it's playable, but it's not better.

Worth noting. 343i promised an update for the game next year. They are giving it a 4K make over, and have promised to overhaul the game to try and make it a better experience. There are no promises on the results, but promises on the attempt.

If you love Halo and can get it fairly cheap, I'd say go for it. Don't pay full price, definitely not before next year's update.
Jestzer wrote:
Visually, yes, but if you want specific things from each game, you may not find them in the MCC. CE has the greatest features, while Halo 3 suffers the greatest drawbacks.
I'd say halo 4 does. You can't customize the visor color, all dlc content isn't even there, and like the other games you can only choose between a few armour sets instead of full armor customization.
Jestzer wrote:
Visually, yes, but if you want specific things from each game, you may not find them in the MCC. CE has the greatest features, while Halo 3 suffers the greatest drawbacks.
I'd say halo 4 does. You can't customize the visor color, all dlc content isn't even there, and like the other games you can only choose between a few armour sets instead of full armor customization.
Sure, but hit detection in Halo 4 is fine on the MCC. You can only pick armor "sets" in Halo 3 as well. None of the DLC maps are missing, if I'm not mistaken, just some exclusive armor and weapon skins... meaning the only setback Halo 4 is armor and weapon skin customization.
There are both flaws and improvements. It's all nitpicky though. Like 343 guilty spark's level atmosphere.
There are both flaws and improvements. It's all nitpicky though. Like 343 guilty spark's level atmosphere.
what wrong with 343 guilty spark's atmosphere ?
I would say definitely pick this up if you love Halo. The only exception would be if you ONLY love Halo for competitive MM. Even then, likely worth it (especially with potential updates on the way as mentioned by others above).
Oh, and forgot to address your title, yes, it is much better than the originals! 60 FPS means everything. I wasn't a believer at first until I went back and forth... It's painful to play the non-MCC versions, now, from a visual standpoint.
jjnk12345 wrote:
what wrong with 343 guilty spark's atmosphere ?
Remastered has a lot less blood around and the lighting is brighter.
Richnj wrote:
Depends what you want.

If you want the full Halo campaigns, with more controls options, 1080p, 60fps, achievements, screenshot and video capture. Then yeah. It's better.

If you want a fully realised MP mode. Then no. Ranking is off, playlists are messed up, armour customisation and unlocks are gimped, along with a whole host of bugs and glitches. I mean, it's playable, but it's not better.

Worth noting. 343i promised an update for the game next year. They are giving it a 4K make over, and have promised to overhaul the game to try and make it a better experience. There are no promises on the results, but promises on the attempt.

If you love Halo and can get it fairly cheap, I'd say go for it. Don't pay full price, definitely not before next year's update.
He's right. The Master Chief Collection is the best option out there with everything you could possibly ask for.
It's absolutely amazing as far as campaigns, H2A is just awesome. The multiplayer is kinda a let down. Very limited. Cross game playlist can be a pain, especially BTB since H3 wins the vote almost all the time and it has aged the worse, H4 even plays better than H3 in BTB IMO. Action sack can be a lot of fun. H2A is absolutely my favorite Halo though. To bad it didn't get the respect it deserved by not being made a stand alone game.
I have nine Platinum packs... If we match in a game send me a quick message in game saying I see you or something (so I can verify we did match) and a friend request so I can gift you a pack. You don't have to keep me as a "friend" as I am a solo player.
Positives:
All 4 campaigns, with slightly improved visuals
All maps included, including the dlc maps.
All forge's and new Halo 2 forge, including extra Halo 2A campaign, Halo 2A exclusive multiplayer maps.
Multiplayer seems fine.
You can buy Odst game as add-on. (Campaign only sadly)

Negatives
No unlockables since everything is sadly auto-unlocked
Odst doesn't include Firefight
Campaign's are known to be buggy like crashing or failing to load. (343i might fix this next year)
Multiplayer has been know to have long wait times.
LethalQ wrote:
It's absolutely amazing as far as campaigns, H2A is just awesome. The multiplayer is kinda a let down. Very limited. Cross game playlist can be a pain, especially BTB since H3 wins the vote almost all the time and it has aged the worse, H4 even plays better than H3 in BTB IMO. Action sack can be a lot of fun. H2A is absolutely my favorite Halo though. To bad it didn't get the respect it deserved by not being made a stand alone game.
Spot on across the board
If you love Halo then you should get the game. In my opinion this is better than the originals bc all are on one disc and you can play halo ce online.
Unfortunately the Halo games on MCC aren’t as good as their original counterparts because MCC is still plagued with a lot of bugs/issues. I highly recommend for you to wait and see if 343 is able to bring MCC up to a good quality standard this spring with their updates to the game before finally deciding if MCC is truly worth your money or not.
Mr Vacha wrote:
If you love Halo then you should get the game. In my opinion this is better than the originals bc all are on one disc and you can play halo ce online.
Do you mind elaborating a bit further on why you think that the games on MCC are better than their original counterparts? You do realize that the games on MCC don’t completely resemble their original counterparts because MCC is still plagued with a lot of bugs/issues right?
BTW there are other alternative ways to play Halo CE online besides MCC. You can play the original Halo 1 on the original Xbox online through tunneling programs such as XLAN and XLink Kai. Another alternative is playing Halo Custom Edition/Halo PC online.

I personally stopped playing MCC a couple of months ago and now all I play is Halo 1 NHEv7 through XLAN and Halo Custom Edition on stunt_man’s GMYF public/test 2v2 servers with chimera and a controller because I find doing so to be a lot more tolerable than playing MCC. If you’re interested in playing the original Halo 1 through XLAN or playing Halo Custom Edition on stunt_man’s GMYF public/test 2v2 servers then I highly recommend joining the Halo 1 Hub discord because that’s where we organize our games for XLAN and Halo Custom Edition. There’s also a couple of MCC players in the Halo 1 Hub discord as well.
Oh boy. Okay.
In terms of visuals, then yes, this is GREAT.
The campaigns are as tight as they have always been and the sound and graphics are good.
the multiplayer?. no. Some covers can never beat the original.

Shep
xxcloud7xx wrote:
Unfortunately the Halo games on MCC aren’t as good as their original counterparts because MCC is still plagued with a lot of bugs/issues. I highly recommend for you to wait and see if 343 is able to bring MCC up to a good quality standard this spring with their updates to the game before finally deciding if MCC is truly worth your money or not.
Mr Vacha wrote:
Do you mind elaborating a bit further on why you think that the games on MCC are better than their original counterparts? You do realize that the games on MCC don’t completely resemble their original counterparts because MCC is still plagued with a lot of bugs/issues right?
BTW there are other alternative ways to play Halo CE online besides MCC. You can play the original Halo 1 on the original Xbox online through tunneling programs such as XLAN and XLink Kai. Another alternative is playing Halo Custom Edition/Halo PC online.

I personally stopped playing MCC a couple of months ago and now all I play is Halo 1 NHEv7 through XLAN and Halo Custom Edition on stunt_man’s GMYF public/test 2v2 servers with chimera and a controller because I find doing so to be a lot more tolerable than playing MCC. If you’re interested in playing the original Halo 1 through XLAN or playing Halo Custom Edition on stunt_man’s GMYF public/test 2v2 servers then I highly recommend joining the Halo 1 Hub discord because that’s where we organize our games for XLAN and Halo Custom Edition. There’s also a couple of MCC players in the Halo 1 Hub discord as well.
Links, details, and just...wow. Thanks for the input on this! It's spot on
hell NO. play the originals if you want to stay sane
If you want to play a very specific Halo title's multiplayer(other than H3), you've come to the wrong place. You're never guaranteed to get the game you want due to all the cross-game playlists, and almost all the game-specific playlists are near barren population-wise.

For example, I really want to play CE for grenade kills and easy steaktaculars, but the CE playlist is only 2v2, and in every other playlist people want to play H3, so I go to the Team Slayer playlist, since CE gets picked relatively often, but I still am not completely guaranteed to get CE, and most likely will end up playing H3 anyway.

I sure hope this gets fixed....
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2