Skip to main content
The wait times are much worse now after the new update a couple of days ago. I can no longer get into games quickly. I’m waiting now and it’s been 10 minutes since I started the wait. This is getting ridiculous
You have to consider a few things when it comes to search times:
  • Timezones.
  • Playlist population.
  • What you have selected.
Also if you are not in a game within a few minutes consider backing out and restarting the search.
What are you searching? Keep in mind they just dropped a 40 gig update so the remaining players still have to download that. I wanted to play some last night. But was to tired by the time it downloaded.

Most players are probably in H4 ranked for those skins right now.
LethalQ wrote:
What are you searching? Keep in mind they just dropped a 40 gig update so the remaining players still have to download that. I wanted to play some last night. But was to tired by the time it downloaded.

I have never given a crap about the skins. It’s all about being able to play for me.
LethalQ wrote:

I have never given a crap about the skins. It’s all about being able to play for me.
Well you didn't answer my question... I am currently playing ffa, with all titles selected and all games except swat and finding games quickly so don't know what to tell you. One thing that helps me sometimes when having trouble is a hard reset of the Xbox. It's good to do those especially after am update.
No problems on my end. I can get into 4v4 and BTB modes with less than a minute wait time. Like others have said, try resetting your Xbox and maybe go into your network settings and double check to see which server connections and crossplay restrictions you have enabled.
Have enabled input/platform/server restrictions? Also are you in a region outside of the US (like EU or AUS)? If your in the states playing around 10pm EST the games should be rolling.
The wait times are much worse now after the new update a couple of days ago. I can no longer get into games quickly. I’m waiting now and it’s been 10 minutes since I started the wait. This is getting ridiculous
Hey IgotTSondabrain,

This could be because of a number of reasons. My first questions would be what are you searching and what servers do you have selected? Each time you reduce the choices through either de-activating servers you can connect or by limiting what you are searching you will make the opportunity of making a match much smaller. If you are limiting your selections, I would suggest widening the parameters for your chance at finding a game much faster. Hope this helped!

Cheers,
Postums
Wut? Crossplay matchmaking is working, you should be fine on Xbox unless you're outside of the US. I was on with friends last night doing BTB, and it was plenty populated.
LethalQ wrote:
LethalQ wrote:

Well you didn't answer my question... I am currently playing ffa, with all titles selected and all games except swat and finding games quickly so don't know what to tell you. One thing that helps me sometimes when having trouble is a hard reset of the Xbox. It's good to do those especially after am update.
Hard reset? That’s the one where you hold down the Xbox button til the system turns off completely, right?
LethalQ wrote:
LethalQ wrote:

Hard reset? That’s the one where you hold down the Xbox button til the system turns off completely, right?
You press start on the dashboard while highlighting the game, and select "Quit" to hard reset the game.
LethalQ wrote:
LethalQ wrote:

Yeah, and I usually unplug the power cord from the back just as an extra measure to be sure it's a full reset of the console.