Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

[Locked] It's called loyalty.

OP Munk8480

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 9
I am an incredibly loyal halo fan. I have more time playing this game and watching MLG live streams than you have hours sleeping. What you are not understanding is this not just some kind of launch day issue, this is a game that clearly has been failed to be tested and thought out. Something as basic as a playlist description saying 16 players 6v6 isn't something to be loyal to. Something as basic as custom game settings being reset when you make a change isn't something to be loyal to. Something as basic as changing playlists causes your party to disappear isn't something to be loyal to.

I forgave 343 for their issues on the first day, the second, and I even the third cause I was feeling "loyal". Now I'm just horrified at where this game has gone and how unprofessional it was handled out of the gate.

But it back to the topic, I will stay "loyal" until Wednesday when this patch will come out. If you expect anyone else to stay faithful after that, you're delusional and you don't understand how a business works.
That's all fine and dandy that you respected 343i for attempting to continue Halo's legacy. I was eager to see what they came up with too. But there are several issues I have with your thread:

You like Halo 4, but many didn't. This is clearly evident in the population numbers even 2 weeks after release.
343i need our criticisms...and they've certainly received them in the past 4 years. They had their chance to fix problems in Reach, Anniversary, Halo 4, and now MCC, but they couldn't and/or didn't. Have they fixed glitchy achievements? Nope, because they are still in Halo 4. Yet you say that they will fix what's broken?
343i are not our "guardians" and "creators". Bungie created Halo. 343i tried to take over, but ultimately failed because their vision didn't match up with Bungie's. If Halo 4 wasn't clear enough evidence for you, look at MCC: So many things that were in the original games have been taken out. Why? What is accomplished by removing simple features? It's a direct port from Xbox 360 to Xbox One for Halo 3, but they messed it up by leaving simple things out. A simple example is saving films in Theater. There goes hours of entertainment for people like myself, who watch old films for fun, and for thousands of players who enjoy uploading to YouTube.

Personally, I never had "loyalty" to 343i. Loyalty requires time and effort, by both parties, and unfortunately the effort was long gone before the time came around.

I was loyal to Bungie. They made great games, despite some flops in between (ODST was considered a flop by many). Over time, Bungie showed why I should be loyal to them. 343i have not. It's that simple.

343i have failed to correct mistakes they were making more than 2 years ago. They have failed to fix errors that have been known for more than 2 years. They continue to handicap game creators (Forgers, Custom Games, etc.) by limiting the options such as Sprint and Flinch and not letting the community remove them for themselves. 343i has released what I hoped would be an epic game that would help me enjoy Halo on a next gen console, but the bugs, glitches, and downright failure of this game so far has not, in any capacity, made me more "loyal" to them.
Oh god, posting here to come back later and experience the cringe.

You're the white knight of the poor, vulnerable, misunderstood, multi-million-dollar-video-game-company-that-released-a-faulty-product. Mount your steed, brave night, and protect 343i from the evil hordes of people who expected the item they bought to work! I say to thee, good sir, will you also be defending the honor of your local used-car dealer, if they are ever accused of selling lemons?

You know what, that's an apt analogy. 343i is a used car dealer. They just sold us a car, and a mile from the lot, the check engine light came on and a tire blew out. They definitely should have known of the problems, and they say that they'll fix it...but we are justified in doubting them due to their lack of specifics and original mistakes.

Hell, even a reputible used-car dealer will throw in a free air freshener after fixing everything in order to make things right and earn your business again. 343i better start thinking about how they can make this right, too.

Anyways, back to this guy, saving the day. Maybe 343i will give him a handy under the bleachers for what a fedora-wearing gentleman he's been...
Munk8480 wrote:
When 343i decided to continue on the halo franchise I respected them, they put their own spin on the universe even though techically alot of people from bungie are now working with 343i or Certain affinity. Halo 4 was amazing to me, some complained about johns new armor and some complained about loadouts, I was happy as finally a new journey had begun. A new halo, no not another ring. But another universe.

And yet some of you persist on questioning my loyalty to 343i, questioning how I dare not to complain, questioning how I have not returned my copy. But it is that simple, we are loyal to 343i as they are our guardians, they are our creators. They will continue the legacy that is Halo. And they, 343i need our support, our feedback. Your critism is key to the evolution of Halo, your anger is key to the great journey.

343i will not rest until this wretched abomination is fixed, 343i will fix what once was broken. 343i will be our gods.

I hope to see your understanding, I hope you will learn, that you will understand the issue that we have been given, we are a part of this. Let's make it count.
Agreed but i wouldn't called 343i our gods, they just one of good developer
Munk8480 wrote:
When 343i decided to continue on the halo franchise I respected them, they put their own spin on the universe even though techically alot of people from bungie are now working with 343i or Certain affinity. Halo 4 was amazing to me, some complained about johns new armor and some complained about loadouts, I was happy as finally a new journey had begun. A new halo, no not another ring. But another universe.

And yet some of you persist on questioning my loyalty to 343i, questioning how I dare not to complain, questioning how I have not returned my copy. But it is that simple, we are loyal to 343i as they are our guardians, they are our creators. They will continue the legacy that is Halo. And they, 343i need our support, our feedback. Your critism is key to the evolution of Halo, your anger is key to the great journey.

343i will not rest until this wretched abomination is fixed, 343i will fix what once was broken. 343i will be our gods.

I hope to see your understanding, I hope you will learn, that you will understand the issue that we have been given, we are a part of this. Let's make it count.
And the heretics shall suffer the same fate as the demon himself
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
So much anger, but this is fun to see everything devolve.
Munk8480 wrote:
When 343i decided to continue on the halo franchise I respected them, they put their own spin on the universe even though techically alot of people from bungie are now working with 343i or Certain affinity. Halo 4 was amazing to me, some complained about johns new armor and some complained about loadouts, I was happy as finally a new journey had begun. A new halo, no not another ring. But another universe.

And yet some of you persist on questioning my loyalty to 343i, questioning how I dare not to complain, questioning how I have not returned my copy. But it is that simple, we are loyal to 343i as they are our guardians, they are our creators. They will continue the legacy that is Halo. And they, 343i need our support, our feedback. Your critism is key to the evolution of Halo, your anger is key to the great journey.

343i will not rest until this wretched abomination is fixed, 343i will fix what once was broken. 343i will be our gods.

I hope to see your understanding, I hope you will learn, that you will understand the issue that we have been given, we are a part of this. Let's make it count.

And the heretics shall suffer the same fate as the demon himself
This might be the best post in this thread.

I don't even know who DICTATUS NORDIC is. I didn't even know anyone questioned him about 'loyalty' to a company. Most people here are loyal to Halo, not 343. It's www.halowaypoint.com now www.343waypoint.com Just a common misconception.
Munk8480 wrote:
When 343i decided to continue on the halo franchise I respected them, they put their own spin on the universe even though techically alot of people from bungie are now working with 343i or Certain affinity. Halo 4 was amazing to me, some complained about johns new armor and some complained about loadouts, I was happy as finally a new journey had begun. A new halo, no not another ring. But another universe.

And yet some of you persist on questioning my loyalty to 343i, questioning how I dare not to complain, questioning how I have not returned my copy. But it is that simple, we are loyal to 343i as they are our guardians, they are our creators. They will continue the legacy that is Halo. And they, 343i need our support, our feedback. Your critism is key to the evolution of Halo, your anger is key to the great journey.

343i will not rest until this wretched abomination is fixed, 343i will fix what once was broken. 343i will be our gods.

I hope to see your understanding, I hope you will learn, that you will understand the issue that we have been given, we are a part of this. Let's make it count.
As much as I and everyone appreciate your positivity in this post, it really doesn't add anything to the forums. And I'm not sure when Waypoint became all about you either. I don't play 343's games because I have some misplaced loyalty for them (as much as I appreciate the work they do for the series), but rather because I like Halo. By your logic I have to enjoy Destiny just because Bungie made it, or that I have to like Microsoft as an entity just because I enjoy the Xbox platform.

Again, I love the positivity in the sea of hate, but this thread is more than unnecessary so please make more constructive posts in the future. Thanks!
Sorry man, but a game company is not my God. The fact that you even used that phrase, perhaps jokingly, is probably why your loyalty is both hilarious and sad at the same time.
I agree with you 100% on that one. Evene if they had minor issues with the game there's no point to be salty about it and rage. Give it time it's a huge project !
Spoken like a true fan!
bored28 wrote:
Sorry man, but a game company is not my God. The fact that you even used that phrase, perhaps jokingly, is probably why your loyalty is both hilarious and sad at the same time.
I'd have to heavily agree with this.

Game companies are common, many great companies could have created the new halo games, it didn't have to be 343. They are most CERTAINLY not our gods.
#DICTATUS_NORDIC_FOR_PRESIDENT
In Frank we trust.
Wow, these forums can be so -Yoink- toxic sometimes.
ZnaZanZ wrote:
Munk8480 wrote:
When 343i decided to continue on the halo franchise I respected them, they put their own spin on the universe even though techically alot of people from bungie are now working with 343i or Certain affinity. Halo 4 was amazing to me, some complained about johns new armor and some complained about loadouts, I was happy as finally a new journey had begun. A new halo, no not another ring. But another universe.

And yet some of you persist on questioning my loyalty to 343i, questioning how I dare not to complain, questioning how I have not returned my copy. But it is that simple, we are loyal to 343i as they are our guardians, they are our creators. They will continue the legacy that is Halo. And they, 343i need our support, our feedback. Your critism is key to the evolution of Halo, your anger is key to the great journey.

343i will not rest until this wretched abomination is fixed, 343i will fix what once was broken. 343i will be our gods.

I hope to see your understanding, I hope you will learn, that you will understand the issue that we have been given, we are a part of this. Let's make it count.

As much as I and everyone appreciate your positivity in this post, it really doesn't add anything to the forums. And I'm not sure when Waypoint became all about you either. I don't play 343's games because I have some misplaced loyalty for them (as much as I appreciate the work they do for the series), but rather because I like Halo. By your logic I have to enjoy Destiny just because Bungie made it, or that I have to like Microsoft as an entity just because I enjoy the Xbox platform.

Again, I love the positivity in the sea of hate, but this thread is more than unnecessary so please make more constructive posts in the future. Thanks!
There are many threads on this forum who add nothing at all to the forums, erhm "Refund mcc here blah blah".
Also, when I said "Question my" I was not talking about me only, but other people too who have been bullied for defending 343, ever seen a post called "People who defend 343 are i diots"? Yeah...
I'm a believer in 343. just sucks that other people are blowing this stuff out of proportion... They have at least been telling us they are fixing things and have a set date for when it should be fixed... Another game i was playing still hasn't forfilled its promise... lets just say i"m still waiting for my Bad JuJu Buff.
Hopefully its all fixed
In Frank we trust.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 9