Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

[Locked] It's called loyalty.

OP Munk8480

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. ...
  9. 9
Doesn't matter if they fix everything (which they won't), the damage has been done. a ton of people have already returned or stopped playing the MCC and won't come back, which will kill the community just like with Halo 4.
I'm just glad Halo 5 is sticking true to the spirit of the arena experience.
Now we wait for Halo: Master Chief Collection Anniversary. xD
Oh god, posting here to come back later and experience the cringe.

You're the white knight of the poor, vulnerable, misunderstood, multi-million-dollar-video-game-company-that-released-a-faulty-product. Mount your steed, brave night, and protect 343i from the evil hordes of people who expected the item they bought to work! I say to thee, good sir, will you also be defending the honor of your local used-car dealer, if they are ever accused of selling lemons?

You know what, that's an apt analogy. 343i is a used car dealer. They just sold us a car, and a mile from the lot, the check engine light came on and a tire blew out. They definitely should have known of the problems, and they say that they'll fix it...but we are justified in doubting them due to their lack of specifics and original mistakes.

Hell, even a reputible used-car dealer will throw in a free air freshener after fixing everything in order to make things right and earn your business again. 343i better start thinking about how they can make this right, too.

Anyways, back to this guy, saving the day. Maybe 343i will give him a handy under the bleachers for what a fedora-wearing gentleman he's been...
"White knight", "Used-car dealer".
Why would I defend a Used-car dealer because he did not do his job? He has done nothing for me, 343i has.
343i continued the development of Halo, my favourite franchise of all time, and they are clever. Instead of copying bungies old work they decided to renew the franchise, put their own spin on it. Developing and evolving something you love is better and give better results than working on someones elses work, you wouldn't feel at home.

I've seen people say "cringe" to this thread, which is fine. People cringe for anything these days wether it be a fur thread on 4chan, a facebook selfie or a forum post in which someone is defending a company in a hilarious manner, I was never serious when I spoke like I did, I never speak like that if I want to convey a serious message. It was a post that people with a good sense of humour would understand. A post that I hoped would make people smile, people who wrote things like "#DICTATUS_NORDIC_FOR_PRESIDENT" and "In frank we trust" and "Spoken like a true fan!" understand what I mean.
Well put sir. When the game has worked for me, I can assure you it has never brought forth a dull moment.
First and foremost, 343 is NOT made up of previous bungie employees, if i remember right there are only 3 previous bungie guys there.

2nd, if there are valid issues, then complaints are valid...MCC has VALID issues.

third, 343 has NOT made a good direction, both in storytelling (space magic!!!) and in multiplayer(loadouts, class style, randomness, and other shenanigans) they had something great, told us to trust them, and then shoved as many COD elements as they could into a game that was great for its diversity from cod.
Wether 343i has taken a good or bad direction is a question that has more than one answer. Apparently to you it makes Halo become a COD filled game, in my opinion it added diversity within the matchmaking. I thought the storytelling was great too.

It is my word against your word, as they say.
I never said that complaints weren't valid, I said that critism was key. Which it is, without it 343 would not understand at which scale people are having problems with.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Doesn't matter if they fix everything (which they won't), the damage has been done. a ton of people have already returned or stopped playing the MCC and won't come back, which will kill the community just like with Halo 4.
It does matter, and they will fix it. I trust 343i, microsoft did not give them enough time. This is why we saw the first server patch within 24 hours of the launch. The damage has been done, yes. But people will return.
criosphinx wrote:

Please do not promote your youtube channel in this thread, you can get reported.
honestly. the more halo the better. as long as effort and love are put into its creation, It has a spot on my game shelf.
This is my HALO. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

My HALO is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.

My HALO, without me, is useless. Without my HALO, I am useless. I must fire my battle rifle true. I must shoot straighter than my enemy who is trying to kill me. I must shoot him before he shoots me. I will...

My HALO and I know that what counts in HALO is not the rounds we fire, the noise of our burst, nor the smoke we make. We know that it is the hits that count. We will hit...

My HALO is human, even as I, because it is my life. Thus, I will learn it as a brother. I will learn its weaknesses, its strength, its parts, its accessories, its sights and its barrel. I will keep my battle rifle clean and ready, even as I am clean and ready. We will become part of each other. We will...

Before God, I swear this creed. My HALO and I are the defenders of the universe. We are the masters of our enemy. We are the saviors of my life.

So be it, until victory is ours and there is no enemy, but peace!
Well put sir. When the game has worked for me, I can assure you it has never brought forth a dull moment.
I agree, the moments in which this collection has worked have been amazing, just spent 2 hours trying to complete halo 4 on the laso playlist with my friends, had a ton of fun. ;D
your the problem with the world today where you give your loyalty to a corporation which does nothing but to try and squeeze ever bit of money out of you they can,

the stupidity of people never ceases to amaze if you think they care about you you are so disillusional
They made a product we like, therefore we are delusional? Granted, if the disk had been empty and we had still bought it then yes, you would be right. But in this case they gave us what we wanted and what they promised. Also, your grammar.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Because we are not currently equipped to provide moderation in other languages, we ask that all messages be posted in English. Feel free to use an online language translation service, and then create a new thread with the translated text.

esta entrega es muy buena merece la pena
Why should I be loyal to a company that lied to me by selling me an unfinished game. A matter of fact, they should be loyal to the consumers not the other way around.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Because we are not currently equipped to provide moderation in other languages, we ask that all messages be posted in English. Feel free to use an online language translation service, and then create a new thread with the translated text.

aparte de buena me hizo recordar mi infancia HALO TMCC
Spoiler:
Show
Why should I be loyal to a company that lied to me by selling me an unfinished game. A matter of fact, they should be loyal to the consumers not the other way around.
Why should you be loyal? Look at the reason why I am, then you can determine wether you think you should be or should not be.

I am loyal to a company that continued on my favourite franchise instead of leaving it to rot. The company that instead of just copying old work decided to go out on a limb and redesign the halo universe. This is in short why I am loyal to 343i, you don't have to be. But I am, and will be.
Spoiler:
Show
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. ...
  9. 9