1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Hi there, this question is for those who completed the campaigns on MCC on LASO difficulty. How in the hell did you do it? Did you have 4 players for 3,odst and 4? Any tips? Did you cheese some of the levels?
I've gotten most of the campaigns done under 3 hours on legendary and am gonna attempt these achievements soon. Any tips are welcome?

Those who have tried but were unsuccessful, what caught you out? Thanks in advance.
They aren’t really that bad if you know what you’re doing tbh, I finished Halo 3/ODST/4 each within a day playing solo. Halo 1/2 took almost a week each there are guides you can watch on a channel called Halo Completionist that are what I used except for Gravemind on Halo 2 I watched GB Austin for specifically that level. I recommend before playing to go into a custom game and put some tape over the reticle to mitigate the blind skull to some degree. You’d be surprised just how much you can skip/avoid. I did them all again via the legendary mc saga a couple months back as it was my only playlist left and I was surprised to have finished that all in about two weeks. Some tips for the troublesome levels are with T&R’s starting section in the ship to follow Halo Completionists guide EXACTLY, and for Halo 2’s regret you’re better off hiding in the gondola in the box and restarting the level if you get a bad checkpoint there. Do the prison skip on gravemind as well as the spawn despawns. You won’t get much trouble from the 360 titles. Also you can bypass the Iron skull by continually saving and quitting anytime you die, I may have lost some sanity doing this a few hundred times H2 has a long wait time but the other games you can retry pretty quickly. LASO is really more a game of patience if anything as regardless of your skill level you can have infinite tries.
They aren’t really that bad if you know what you’re doing tbh, I finished Halo 3/ODST/4 each within a day playing solo. Halo 1/2 took almost a week each there are guides you can watch on a channel called Halo Completionist that are what I used except for Gravemind on Halo 2 I watched GB Austin for specifically that level. I recommend before playing to go into a custom game and put some tape over the reticle to mitigate the blind skull to some degree. You’d be surprised just how much you can skip/avoid. I did them all again via the legendary mc saga a couple months back as it was my only playlist left and I was surprised to have finished that all in about two weeks. Some tips for the troublesome levels are with T&R’s starting section in the ship to follow Halo Completionists guide EXACTLY, and for Halo 2’s regret you’re better off hiding in the gondola in the box and restarting the level if you get a bad checkpoint there. Do the prison skip on gravemind as well as the spawn despawns. You won’t get much trouble from the 360 titles. Also you can bypass the Iron skull by continually saving and quitting anytime you die, I may have lost some sanity doing this a few hundred times H2 has a long wait time but the other games you can retry pretty quickly. LASO is really more a game of patience if anything as regardless of your skill level you can have infinite tries.
Thank you so much for your detailed response. Will definitely try out those things and look up the guides you suggested.
Did them solo every death save and quit and watched guides for every mission. Took weeks but it's doable you just need patience and a lot of sanity to sacrifice.
I did it with my bro in Co-op. Halo 3, Halo 4, and ODST are not that bad. Watch a guide and you can grind through them. Halo CE and Halo 2 are more frustrating and at times seem impossible even with a guide. Regret and Gravemind will require a little bit of luck and patience if you want to get through them.
I did it with my bro in Co-op. Halo 3, Halo 4, and ODST are not that bad. Watch a guide and you can grind through them. Halo CE and Halo 2 are more frustrating and at times seem impossible even with a guide. Regret and Gravemind will require a little bit of luck and patience if you want to get through them.
I forgot to mention, watch GB Austin for Regret specifically and not Halo Completionist. He mentions a strategy about a box but doesn’t show it and guides you to “wing” the gondola section which I DO NOT RECOMMEND AT ALL it is better to hide with the box and use Austin’s video. You can do co op but I don’t recommend it as whilst it’s beneficial for some missions (reattempting bridge fall comes to mind) there are some levels you’ll appreciate being able to save and quit and not have to do its entirety in a single sitting (T&R).
Moskata wrote:
Hi there, this question is for those who completed the campaigns on MCC on LASO difficulty. How in the hell did you do it? Did you have 4 players for 3,odst and 4? Any tips? Did you cheese some of the levels?
I've gotten most of the campaigns done under 3 hours on legendary and am gonna attempt these achievements soon. Any tips are welcome?

Those who have tried but were unsuccessful, what caught you out? Thanks in advance.
I did Halo 2 by myself as I felt having another player with me held me back as there is a lot of small spaces you fight in.
Halo 4 I did with a group of friends due to the plasma pistols being heavily under powered through out the campaign
Halo 3 and Halo 3 ODST are by far the easiest in my opinion your friends through out the game will most likely be the plasma pistols and br/carbine and bladed weapons on the flood levels I;e Brute weapons.
When you put scotch tape over the screen with the crosshairs, make sure you use a sniper rifle for reference since it has the smallest crosshairs. Also, remember that turret crosshairs (both mounted and vehicle turrets, e.g. the ghost’s plasma turret) are in the middle of the screen, so a bit above weapon crosshairs (which are lowered).
When you put scotch tape over the screen with the crosshairs, make sure you use a sniper rifle for reference since it has the smallest crosshairs. Also, remember that turret crosshairs (both mounted and vehicle turrets, e.g. the ghost’s plasma turret) are in the middle of the screen, so a bit above weapon crosshairs (which are lowered).
I’m not sure why I didn’t think of this. I feel especially dumb since I also play Goldeneye which had no crosshairs so we always tape a crosshair to the tv. (It’s called The Dot in that community.)
Just finished ODST in the LASO playlist, did it with 3 other people. It was super fun, we did a mission or two each night and got most of them done in just under an hour each. Very enjoyable, lots of stupid things happened but we couldn't help but laugh. Coastal Highway was a pain in the -Yoink- though. Can't lie about that one, that was the only mission that wasn't fun.

My personal recommendation is either do em alone or do em with people you can not only tolerate, but actually enjoy their company. Don't just find randoms and hop right into it with them, it can turn ugly real quick.
If you can make it past Truth and Recon, you can make it through all of CE LASO. If you can make it past Cairo Station, you can make it to Regret. If you can make it past Regret, you can make it to Gravemind. If you can make it past Gravemind, you can make it through the rest of 2 LASO as well as all of 3, ODST and 4. As mentioned above, definitely follow Halo Completionist and/or GB Austin video guides on YouTube, although Austin only has guides for CE and 2, but those are the more difficult campaigns anyway.
They’re definitely difficult but they’re possible. Halo 2 and CE are the hardest by far and the rest are pretty similar to each other. In a few levels use speed running techniques to skip parts but generally it just takes a lot of patience. Halo Completionist and GB Austin made some really great guides.
I used "Halo Completionist" YouTube channel guides for LASO. He has full playthroughs for every mission with tips. Nearly followed every move he did and every tip and route was pretty consistent.
if you want to try a Slaso( solo leggendary all skulls on) you can uninstall and re-install offline halo tmcc and complete halo CE because there's not iron skull on.
Halo 2 Slaso is insane, with 2 players in split screen is enjoyable but really slow anyway, there are also super skips but are really hard to do.
Halo 3 and 4 are pretty easy with 4 good players but it does not mean it s easy!
Halo 3 odst was a little harder for my team because we did not know skips.

Nak3d eli was the best anyway.

The worst problem in the past was losing progress in playlist because glitch...broke your streaks and you need to restart it, and sometimes still happens.

but there was also a positive glitch to share the last mission with anyone, this let you complete the entire playlist without doing nothing:/, i hope this error will be not repeated again in halo infinite.

check MintBlitz on yt, he has a little bunch of clip in the worst and funny parts of his run, he says how much time it tokes(not slaso).
GYS GHOST wrote:
if you want to try a Slaso( solo leggendary all skulls on) you can uninstall and re-install offline halo tmcc and complete halo CE because there's not iron skull on.
Halo 2 Slaso is insane, with 2 players in split screen is enjoyable but really slow anyway, there are also super skips but are really hard to do.
Halo 3 and 4 are pretty easy with 4 good players but it does not mean it s easy!

The worst problem in the past was losing progress in playlist because glitch...broke your streaks and you need to restart it, and sometimes still happens.

but there was also a positive glitch to share the last mission with anyone, this let you complete the entire playlist without doing nothing:/, i hope this error will be not repeated again in halo infinite.

check MintBlitz on yt, he has a little bunch of clip in the worst and funny parts of his run, he says how much time it tokes(not slaso).
Wait.... you can uninstall CE and Iron won’t be active? And you can then complete the LASO playlist and it will register and give you the achievement? For real? Do you have to complete the whole playlist offline? Or do you go offline, uninstall, reinstall, go online THEN complete?
GYS GHOST wrote:

Wait.... you can uninstall CE and Iron won’t be active? And you can then complete the LASO playlist and it will register and give you the achievement? For real? Do you have to complete the whole playlist offline? Or do you go offline, uninstall, reinstall, go online THEN complete?
it s possible, and a possible solution already discussed on trueachievements.com,
Just remember that the first version of the game was with less skulls but bugged a lot also.
Search
All around post launch window

3 i just did with a buddy online as we were both starting it almost the same time. It really isnt that bad. Just 2 evenings about 3 ir 4 hours each? Some times we just farted around. We had fun though.

Odst i did solo over 2 afternoons, same as halo 4.

Then we come to halo 1 and 2...
Ce i got through to "keys" and was halfway through the level solo and my playlist reset...Got about halfway through again, reset -Yoinking!- again.

Halo 2. I was i believe either just finished regret, or on the last "checkpoint" solo. Somewhere around there. -Yoinking!- reset. Go to about mid point into the campaign again, and fricking reset.

Then the checkpoint sharing workaround came to light, so i did those for halo ce and 2 just for the achievement then just went to level select and continued from where it had reset and did them that way. Besides them resetting 2x a piece each it wasn't absolutely that bad. Primarily did everything solo, ce and 2 obviously took me the longest overall even without counting the resetting.

3, 4 and odst my first playthrough on each was laso.

Looking forward to Reach laso.....except the last fricking level. >_<

As for tips. Use guides everyone mentioned above.
Have some patience.
If you are getting frustrated at a particular "checkpoint" than take a breather and either play a quick match or 2, or a different game fir 10 or 15 minutes, relax, then try again. Getting more stressed than needed(these are a bit stressful to begin with) will make it harder.
the save and quit trick no longer works. Your way better off doing them all with just 1 other person. H3 and H4 are a little easier with more people but its not necessary. If you haven't sped run all campaigns in under 3 hours than laso will be extremely difficult. I say this cause you'll learn speedrun tricks and skips for huge portions of missions that will be essential to finishing the games on laso. Patience big time. Some sections are utterly horrible period. Be ready to try alot of times but with planning its still possible... Unless you get checkpoint trapped which does happen and its the worst scenario. Practice alot of tricks within the campaigns, learn the spawns, cues, skips, and speedruns and it will happen. Took me about a month to finish all 4. And on the Chinese MCC its taking about 3 weeks now knowing the tricks. Just patient and be ready to be absolutely frustrated... Find good times in your days to to kill at least 1-3 hours at a time.
LUKEaUrOrA wrote:
the save and quit trick no longer works. Your way better off doing them all with just 1 other person. H3 and H4 are a little easier with more people but its not necessary. If you haven't sped run all campaigns in under 3 hours than laso will be extremely difficult. I say this cause you'll learn speedrun tricks and skips for huge portions of missions that will be essential to finishing the games on laso. Patience big time. Some sections are utterly horrible period. Be ready to try alot of times but with planning its still possible... Unless you get checkpoint trapped which does happen and its the worst scenario. Practice alot of tricks within the campaigns, learn the spawns, cues, skips, and speedruns and it will happen. Took me about a month to finish all 4. And on the Chinese MCC its taking about 3 weeks now knowing the tricks. Just patient and be ready to be absolutely frustrated... Find good times in your days to to kill at least 1-3 hours at a time.
Save and Quit method definitely still works.
Did anyone have issues with the achievements? I completed the 3 and ODST LASO playlists and neither of them popped. Any suggestions?

ODST:
https://screenshotscontent-d4002.xboxlive.com/xuid-2533274867433564-private/4a8d6969-712b-4c93-a868-12847a1c9142.PNG?sv=2015-12-11&sr=b&si=DefaultAccess&sig=IDUQ2Vso2KaSENHcIgmuniZNhy%2B3wUp%2BCdnXYbGjFAU%3D

3:
https://screenshotscontent-d3001.xboxlive.com/xuid-2533274867433564-private/7e6f3f3d-442f-44c2-ae56-57b6ca87a811.PNG?sv=2015-12-11&sr=b&si=DefaultAccess&sig=%2FnLLVculOpXIvW%2FR%2F57GK3RYTPCJvyN8iQqQH0QK9tk%3D
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2