Skip to main content
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
I would like to start by saying I've always been optimistic and "looked the other way" when it comes to the numerous issues MCC has had since launch. I've always viewed it as beta testing, even though it was sold to me by 343 as a complete, finished, "exactly as you remember it" game. I was (and still am) stoked to play Halo CE online. I never thought I would play this game online, and even with all of its issues, I am happy to have something even somewhat close to the original.

The May Update has nearly shattered my optimism.

Update notes completely fail to mention:
  1. Pistol changed from passable, to a gun that hasn't existed in any version of CE (Hang em High almost unplayable)
  2. Chill Out bridge portal is now back to its original Xbox position. This is good, but why no mention?
  3. Spawn with 4 grenades. Again, good, but not important enough to list in notes?
  4. Plasma Rifle appears to be much more powerful. It shoots at a faster rate.
  5. Weapon locations spawn differently (snipers on Prisoner, Rockets on Dammy are at an angle now)
  6. There is now a loading bar for apparently no reason before loading maps.
I won't debate the above and whether they are good or bad for the game, but how can these major changes go unmentioned? I hope they didn't go unnoticed, but at this point I don't know what to think anymore. Why would they list fixing audio issues of split screen vehicle usage, and not changing the entire core of what this game has always been based on - the pistol?

This isn't the same "exactly as I remember it". Although the updates made in previous patches have moved the game in the right direction, its becoming a hybrid of Xbox, PC, and a "new" CE with traits that are not in any original version.

Am I alone in this, or is there a complete disconnect between what we are being told and what is actually happening?

I bet people responsible for patch notes doesnt even know that people responsible for changes changed things.

Thats what kind of company we deal with.

I mean, come one ! It took them 7 months to add 2 more granades on start.
Geddyleet wrote:
I would like to start by saying I've always been optimistic and "looked the other way" when it comes to the numerous issues MCC has had since launch. I've always viewed it as beta testing, even though it was sold to me by 343 as a complete, finished, "exactly as you remember it" game. I was (and still am) stoked to play Halo CE online. I never thought I would play this game online, and even with all of its issues, I am happy to have something even somewhat close to the original.

The May Update has nearly shattered my optimism.

Update notes completely fail to mention:
  1. Pistol changed from passable, to a gun that hasn't existed in any version of CE (Hang em High almost unplayable)
  2. Chill Out bridge portal is now back to its original Xbox position. This is good, but why no mention?
  3. Spawn with 4 grenades. Again, good, but not important enough to list in notes?
  4. Plasma Rifle appears to be much more powerful. It shoots at a faster rate.
  5. Weapon locations spawn differently (snipers on Prisoner, Rockets on Dammy are at an angle now)
  6. There is now a loading bar for apparently no reason before loading maps.
I won't debate the above and whether they are good or bad for the game, but how can these major changes go unmentioned? I hope they didn't go unnoticed, but at this point I don't know what to think anymore. Why would they list fixing audio issues of split screen vehicle usage, and not changing the entire core of what this game has always been based on - the pistol?

This isn't the same "exactly as I remember it". Although the updates made in previous patches have moved the game in the right direction, its becoming a hybrid of Xbox, PC, and a "new" CE with traits that are not in any original version.

Am I alone in this, or is there a complete disconnect between what we are being told and what is actually happening?

you are right my friend. the pistol is impossible to three tap with now. i tested it on a target STANDING STILL and was only able to three tap about 50% of the time. the game was playable until this update.
I bet people responsible for patch notes doesnt even know that people responsible for changes changed things.

Thats what kind of company we deal with.

I mean, come one ! It took them 7 months to add 2 more granades on start.
truer words have never been said.
you guys are not making the mcc any better and just messing up stuff please notate that halo ce was by far the game to play on this console and please fix it soon because alot of ppl will be disappointed if y don not fix this mistake u guys just made
hey luck you wanna play some customs?
This new patched pistol is impossible to use... seriously.
CE was always broke in terms of spawns and host pistol. Out dated game
Thanks . . . but no thanks.

The update broke the pistol. Period.
I hate it how it is now. 343 even didnt tell us bullet magnetism is lowered in patch notes, the doing what they want to do.
CE was never like this, its a pain to play hang em high now.

Please change it back!
sure just add me on xbl and hit me up when u wanna play
In your opinion. 310241251101 people would disagree loudly..
Yeah, well, that's just like your opinion, man.
CE was always great in terms of spawns and host pistol. Still relevant game.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Geddyleet wrote:
  1. Spawn with 4 grenades. Again, good, but not important enough to list in notes?
Bigger problem and I have to believe they pulled a wrong section of code because the pistol is working just like it did back when you did spawn with 4 grenades. When MCC first launched the way to play CE was to spam grenades off spawn because you had time because no one could three shot you.

Pistol spawn as main, 2 grenades and make the pistol work as it did last patch.

Every patch I lose something I liked.
3 man CE: gone...
Team Objective: gone...
CE without motion tracker: gone... (this was fixed but broken for no reason...)
Amazing Fun "patched version of CE": gone...

All my long time Halo friends: moved on... (some even sold X1 because they lost hope and didn't care for the Beta)
343 fix halo or give it back to bungie where it never F***** up
expecting them to put effort into updates?

ohhh no my sweet child
Have there even been any tweets about the broken pistol? I realize that a forum post from 343 is simply asking too much. Have they acknowledged that they broke the pistol in any of the community outlets they use?
It's time to give up on the game. The game STILL isn't really fixed and now they are trying to "balance" CE instead of just keeping it exactly as is. It's over.
Yeah, well, that's just like your opinion, man.
CE was always great in terms of spawns and host pistol. Still relevant game.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2