Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

[Locked] Latest update from 343i

OP sarcasmbully

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 200
I know it's not much, but it's something. No ETA yet, no further details.

Link to tweet

Link to 2nd tweet

Quote:
We're aware of issues some have been having with matchmaking and we’re working around the clock, alongside the Xbox Live team, to address.
Quote:
We've also deployed an update that has shown some improvement, and we work around the clock to optimize. This is our top priority.

Latest

Quote:
The update deployed to matchmaking was done on the server side and does not require an extra download to your Xbox One.
Updated

Quote:
Please refer to this Halo Support thread for continued updates on Matchmaking: http://bit.ly/11eRtP0
Link from the tweet goes here. (link to support thread)

From Frankie
Quote:
Ehrmahgawd. Sorry people. Been on plane. It's getting better and we are all working around the clock to address issues. Nonstop. Apologies.
From Dan Ayoub

Quote:
Since the launch of Halo: The Master Chief Collection, we've received several, well deserved, complaints related to slow matchmaking and other issues. From everyone at 343 Industries, we are truly sorry and feel your frustration. You deserve better and we are working day and night to find solutions as quickly as possible, with our first priority focused on matchmaking improvements.

Tomorrow morning (Wednesday morning Pacific Time) we plan to roll out a number of server updates to help improve matchmaking. Again, these are server-side fixes, so you won't need to take a content update or reboot your console; you should see the effects right away.

In addition, we are targeting another release for this weekend, which will address a number of other community priorities. An unrelated issue with services is also causing achievements to not unlock correctly, and we realize this just makes it all feel a bit worse.

A game as large as Halo: The Master Chief Collection has a massive surface area, and while we made every effort to have the best launch possible for our fans, issues surfaced with launch and we're committed to improving this as fast as possible and get you all into matches. We're committed to improving things as fast as possible so you can have the Halo experience you've been waiting for.

Your feedback has been helpful for us in isolating issues, so please keep the input coming. We thank you for your continued patience and understanding while we work through these challenges. The development team at 343 Industries worked insanely hard to create Halo: The Master Chief Collection for you, and we won't stop until it's worthy of your passion for our franchise.

Dan Ayoub
Executive Producer
11/15 Update

Bravo is waiting for the latest intel.

Additional tweaks since patch

Playlists are currently set at 10 max, but we'll be bringing this down to 4v4 once playlist-specific fixes have been made. Stay tuned.

11/19 Latest Update

Quote:
11.21 6:17 PM Update

We wanted to provide you with an update on what we’re seeing as a result of yesterday’s content update (CU). We realize that silence and opacity, even when we have nothing new to say, is frustrating. With each change and/or update we make, it takes time for us to capture and analyze the data to determine the tangible impact to the game experience. Additionally, we've already begun work on future updates which will be informed by the data and community feedback we’re seeing from yesterday’s CU.

Our data shows that the CU improved things statistically, but we are aware that far too many are not seeing improvements. We continue to work on these issues, with our primary focus being on matchmaking performance. Additionally, we also noticed that the CU inadvertently introduced some new UI bugs, which will be fixed shortly.

For now, you will continue to see uneven match-ups and larger than normal team sizes in matchmaking. This is a temporary situation that is caused by the fact that we are allowing more players than normal into a matchmaking session in order to improve overall matching times. We realize this is not ideal, and we will reset those parameters to their expected behavior as soon as our matchmaking improves to a level where players are consistently getting into matches in shorter time frames. Additionally, in yesterday’s patch notes, we announced that parties would no longer be split after a matchmaking session, and we’re aware that this bug has regressed. This issue, along with others, will be addressed in the coming content updates. We’ll be monitoring feedback and data over the weekend, and will provide an update on Monday regarding our progress.

Moving forward, we will continue to post the details of our fixes on Waypoint in order to keep you updated with the latest information. Please keep an eye on this thread (http://aka.ms/mcc_updates) for details as we continue to make updates to the title. 343 Industries
Quote:
11.22 3:25 PM Update

Based on community feedback we’ve received since yesterday’s update, we are bringing the Halo 2: Anniversary Rumble playlist, which features a variety of FFA game types, back into the matchmaking rotation. Our team continues to work on resolving existing matchmaking issues such as party splitting and uneven teams, and in the meantime, this playlist will offer a mix of game types that are not affected by these known issues.

The H2A Rumble playlist will be coming online within the next few hours, and you should see it appear in your playlist lineup shortly. The playlist is currently unranked, but we’ll be bringing ranking online once we’ve ironed out existing matchmaking issues.

Additionally, we’d like to take this opportunity to provide some additional troubleshooting steps that will help ensure the best Halo: The Master Chief Collection experience while our team works on resolving existing issues behind the scenes.

1. Setting your NAT to Open
We’ve found that players who have their NAT set to open tend to have the highest success rates in Matchmaking. For assistance with opening your NAT, head here.

2. Airport Extreme Router Troubleshooting
We’ve found that players who are using Apple Airport routers may have increased difficulty connecting to matches due to the default settings. To optimize your settings for gameplay on Xbox One, follow the below steps to allow teredo tunnels, which is set to “off” by default.

• Open Airport Utility
• Go to the”Network” tab
• Click “Network Options” at the bottom then check "Allow Teredo tunnels"

As we mentioned yesterday, the team is already at work on upcoming updates, and we’ll continue to provide the latest details in this thread. Thank you for your continued patience.

343 Industries
Quote:
11.23 10.18 PM Update

The Halo 2: Anniversary Rumble playlist is now live. The playlist is currently set to 10 players max and does not feature ranking, however we'll be modifying to 8 players max and adding ranked play once we've ironed out existing matchmaking issues.
--
11.23 1:15 AM Update

We are running final tests on the Halo 2: Anniversary Rumble playlist, and will be integrating the playlist into the rotation as soon as possible. We'll provide an update once we've pushed the playlist live.
A Status Update From Bonnie Ross

11/24 - 12/3 patches

Possible user fix with latest patch

MCC Installation and Patch Tips

12/15 Patch Notes

12/22 Patch Notes
It hasn't prompted me to download any update, is this not one we have to DL?
That's a bit better, at least we are updated. I have seen an improvement in the last hour or so also
I know it's not much, but it's something. No ETA yet, no further details.

Link to tweet

Link to 2nd tweet

Quote:
We're aware of issues some have been having with matchmaking and we’re working around the clock, alongside the Xbox Live team, to address.

Quote:
We've also deployed an update that has shown some improvement, and we work around the clock to optimize. This is our top priority.

Improvement? Ha, none at all for me, I'm in New Zealand where the game has been out for 31hours and I've managed to play 2 multiplayer games
We're all really anxious and frustrated. Some of us took the day off, some of us are at work, and other have yet to download it or get their copy. Please remember that we are ALL in this together. We are a community.
Probably meant a hotfix server side meaning we don't need to download a patch.
Hopefully it will be running smooth soon. I am so eager to play H1 Big Team Battle.

BTW, JP here too bully!

Go B's!
Hopefully it will be running smooth soon. I am so eager to play H1 Big Team Battle.

BTW, JP here too bully!

Go B's!
GET. OUT. Really? Wow!
It's a little rough right now... I have faith that 343 will fix things though. With that said...

I LOVE THIS DAMN GAME!
Thanks for the update, I knew they would be working on it but its nice to actually get a tweet to two about. Be nice for more information, but they must be going hell for leather right now trying to make things right :(
It's a little rough right now... I have faith that 343 will fix things though. With that said...

I LOVE THIS DAMN GAME!
It's going to take some time I think. If they are getting XBL involved, it may be a far reaching issue. Wish I had more for you guys, but I don't. I have the same info as anyone else.

Hang in there.
I just want to playyyy, I have been waiting eagerly 8)
I'm happy they are working on it. Hopefully they can get it sorted out within the next few days.
I don't think so. I noticed last night that something had been changed between attempts. One attempt at H2A matchmaking and it was looking for 8 players total for 4v4. The next attempt to get into a match, it was searching for 10 players for 5v5
Playing split screen matchmaking, the game locks on a loading screen at the completion of every match. Need to quit game and start again for the game to become responsive again.
Latest

Quote:
The update deployed to matchmaking was done on the server side and does not require an extra download to your Xbox One.
Updated

Quote:
Please refer to this Halo Support thread for continued updates on Matchmaking: http://bit.ly/11eRtP0
Link from the tweet goes here.
Thank you very much for keeping us in the know SarcasmBully. Really appreciate that a lot.

Hopefully when my game finally installs everything come around midnight some items will be tweaked or partially sorted. If not, I'll just lurk in the new and shiny Forge and make new Screenshot sets to take more piccies of all the armours I never obtained in 3 and 4. :P
Give them time!!
mm works better now! not perfect but i can play a lot of games!
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 200