Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

[Locked] Latest update from 343i

OP sarcasmbully

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 163
  4. 164
  5. 165
  6. 166
  7. 167
  8. ...
  9. 200
TDW COReY wrote:
I started the game find last night and then went to bed..when I woke up this morning it was still searching for a game..when I finally get a game around lunch the next day, it's 2 level 50s and 2 level 30s against a team of level 1s and 3s.
That sounds like a pretty epic experience. So glad and thankful that 343i is listening to and communicating with the community, making improvements, and nurturing the Halo franchise. 343i is so much better than Bungie.
So anyone out there get to try the Beta update this past weekend? How did it go?
So anyone out there get to try the Beta update this past weekend? How did it go?
Pretty sure the beta didn't happen over the weekend and still hasn't started yet (unless I missed something)
Matchmaking hasn't budged in 4 days. I really love this game. I really applaud the ambition of the collection. Am I frustrated? Very much so. But I'm by no means any sort of game, gaming, gamer or otherwise game related expert. I just kind of wish they'd just put a message up saying "Sorry. Not today." So that I'd know not to attempt matchmaking, although at this point it kind of speaks for itself. But every day I hop on and let matchmaking sit for an hour, hoping just for one game. Then try again later, and then later again. Nothing. It wasn't perfect before this, but at least I could play. I think a little more transparency and communication at this point would dampen a lot of the vocal frustration.
I noticed using apps while searching in matchmaking lessens your chance of finding a game. I hope this helps.
Amazing!! So after reading Denset's comment about using apps, I called xbox support to ask some questions. Knowing that they can't do anything about any problems on 343's end, obviously.
The guy took one look at my account, had me remove myself as a user on xbox, hold the button down to turn the system off. Then had me log into my account and make sure that BOTH my email and phone number were set to "can receive notifications," then turn the system back on, re-add my account, and within 5 seconds of starting up the game again, the game started syncing and updating and now I can play. So it wasn't anything on 343's end that was causing my new problems at all. It was the settings in my account for receiving notifications. So if you're like me and haven't been able to matchmake at all and have only been getting SEARCHING...... and nothing else, remove yourself as a user, hard-turn-off your xbox one, go into your advanced settings on your account on the live site, make sure both email and phone say that they can receive notifications, and then turn your system back on, add your account again, turn on the game, and it will start syncing. Xbox says that this has happened to many people this week where during some sort of update or syncing, the game just doesn't recognize you if your settings aren't set properly.
Hey 343, if you need bungies help, just let them know. Don't be afraid to ask..they did invent this game....with that said, I want a refund...
TDW COReY wrote:
Hey 343, if you need bungies help, just let them know. Don't be afraid to ask..they did invent this game....with that said, I want a refund...
bungies need help from 343...
I'm rather new to the Halo world, but while there have been some bugs that have been brought to your attention and are getting resolved, I have a suggestion. While there are so many maps to Halo in multiplayer, I find it kind of strange that there are only 3 maps to choose from the playlist once the matchmaking is complete. In Reach, as you know, there are two opportunities to select a map for gameplay, including a "None of the above". My idea is to give a best of 3 cycles or more. I know that it may take longer to get the game started, but I feel that it may also make for a better game pick for the players in queue. Too many people drop out if a map is selected that they don't want to play or a game type. If the majority picks one map (type), then a second round with the same map (type) and two other map (types) to select the favorite, followed by a third round of the same system, then I feel that we as players would more likely land what we would like to play. This way, it would not only give the original pick a chance to be selected, but also give an opportunity for those who would want something different to pick and more than likely stay in the game. We may all select a different map completely. More importantly, it would allow for more of the many maps to end up in the selection queue. I've noticed that the rotation of the maps, especially for Team Slayer, are usually the same and I'm eager to try others. Is there a way to patch this in as an update?
pg7dust wrote:
I'm rather new to the Halo world, but while there have been some bugs that have been brought to your attention and are getting resolved, I have a suggestion. While there are so many maps to Halo in multiplayer, I find it kind of strange that there are only 3 maps to choose from the playlist once the matchmaking is complete. In Reach, as you know, there are two opportunities to select a map for gameplay, including a "None of the above". My idea is to give a best of 3 cycles or more. I know that it may take longer to get the game started, but I feel that it may also make for a better game pick for the players in queue. Too many people drop out if a map is selected that they don't want to play or a game type. If the majority picks one map (type), then a second round with the same map (type) and two other map (types) to select the favorite, followed by a third round of the same system, then I feel that we as players would more likely land what we would like to play. This way, it would not only give the original pick a chance to be selected, but also give an opportunity for those who would want something different to pick and more than likely stay in the game. We may all select a different map completely. More importantly, it would allow for more of the many maps to end up in the selection queue. I've noticed that the rotation of the maps, especially for Team Slayer, are usually the same and I'm eager to try others. Is there a way to patch this in as an update?
Go back to reach if this is really how you feel... they need to bring veto back
pg7dust wrote:
Your voting suggestions are probably falling on deaf ears. I've seen so many voting suggestions here and on /r/halo but not a single response from 343 or even an "We hear you, the voting experience sucks and we will improve it."

But they did add a voting countdown timer. That only works sometimes. And it only counts the last three seconds, so if you're lucky you'll have enough time to pick up your controller.
LaGTaLiTy wrote:
pg7dust wrote:

Your voting suggestions are probably falling on deaf ears. I've seen so many voting suggestions here and on /r/halo but not a single response from 343 or even an "We hear you, the voting experience sucks and we will improve it."

But they did add a voting countdown timer. That only works sometimes. And it only counts the last three seconds, so if you're lucky you'll have enough time to pick up your controller.
But they did give us some more nameplate things (which make it extremely hard to read anyone's name/clan tag) to use in the matchmaking that doesn't work very well to make up for it. Especially the one with the "1th" ribbon, as if they're proud of that blatant mistake. And they're giving us ODST... without Firefight of course. I mean, Firefight wasn't one of the best parts of ODST or anything...
Bahahahah! People are still playing this broken crap. Bailed when they after the second failed update. How do you guys put up with this? I was a halo fan from the start but 343 gave me the middle finger with this game. 343 is a joke.
Bahahahah! People are still playing this broken crap. Bailed when they after the second failed update. How do you guys put up with this? I was a halo fan from the start but 343 gave me the middle finger with this game. 343 is a joke.
We're trying to play. It really sucks that every time you find a game after hours of searching it's always team BR.
<div>
TGLT BL4cK wrote:

We're trying to play. It really sucks that every time you find a game after hours of searching it's always team BR.
Br is the best weapon imo. Play the game dont let the game play you.
So 6 days since they pulled the patch beta and they haven't said a single thing about what's going on? Unbelievable.
if they could fix halo 3´s directional sound and update the forge so spawn points can be made i would be really happy!!!!!!!!!!
YoshiMax wrote:
So 6 days since they pulled the patch beta and they haven't said a single thing about what's going on? Unbelievable.
Agreed. I don't need a reason, but an acknowledgement would be nice. A blog entry update that says, "We found a problem and can't run the CU beta at this time."
YoshiMax wrote:

Agreed. I don't need a reason, but an acknowledgement would be nice. A blog entry update that says, "We found a problem and can't run the CU beta at this time."
It really is unacceptable and unbelievable. We are paying customers ,and 343 doesn't seem to respect that fact, nor do they seem to care in the slightest.
I don't even know why we're still shocked.
How can you delay a content update a few days after announcing it, and then say nothing for 6 days? When you delay a patch, people expect 2 days, 3 tops, so show some respect, 343, and keep people in the loop.
so I have been able to play matchmaking only once since the day I brought my then shiny new halo mcc home on nov 11. For a while I thought I was the only one having trouble.. I really looked forward to playing my favorite game, and now am extremely disappointed...I still come home from work everyday, crack open a cold one and hit "search for match" with hopes of pwnage, but alas to no avail day after day... I bought Xbox one the day before mcc was released, just to play halo series.... wish I wouldn't have wasted the $$. At least destiny is somewhat entertaining.... Would be nice to know if there's a light at the end of this.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 163
  4. 164
  5. 165
  6. 166
  7. 167
  8. ...
  9. 200