Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

[Locked] Latest update from 343i

OP sarcasmbully

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 164
  4. 165
  5. 166
  6. 167
  7. 168
  8. ...
  9. 200
so I have been able to play matchmaking only once since the day I brought my then shiny new halo mcc home on nov 11. I'm glad I'm not the only one experiencing this, tho cAnt say I'm glad anyone has to experienced this. I really looked forward to playing my favorite games ever, and now freely disappointed... I bought Xbox one the day before mcc was released, wish I wouldn't have wasted the $$. At least destiny is somewhat entertaining....
Try

1. Quit halo then open halo.
2. Turn off xbox. Unplug xbox for 10 seconds. Plug xbox in. Turn on xbox. Open halo.
3. if you cant open halo

Gyre Viper wrote:
Amazing!! So after reading Denset's comment about using apps, I called xbox support to ask some questions. Knowing that they can't do anything about any problems on 343's end, obviously.
The guy took one look at my account, had me remove myself as a user on xbox, hold the button down to turn the system off. Then had me log into my account and make sure that BOTH my email and phone number were set to "can receive notifications," then turn the system back on, re-add my account, and within 5 seconds of starting up the game again, the game started syncing and updating and now I can play. So it wasn't anything on 343's end that was causing my new problems at all. It was the settings in my account for receiving notifications. So if you're like me and haven't been able to matchmake at all and have only been getting SEARCHING...... and nothing else, remove yourself as a user, hard-turn-off your xbox one, go into your advanced settings on your account on the live site, make sure both email and phone say that they can receive notifications, and then turn your system back on, add your account again, turn on the game, and it will start syncing. Xbox says that this has happened to many people this week where during some sort of update or syncing, the game just doesn't recognize you if your settings aren't set properly.
YoshiMax wrote:
So 6 days since they pulled the patch beta and they haven't said a single thing about what's going on? Unbelievable.
It wasn't working. Did you really want them to release the new CU beta if it wasn't working? I would rather wait 3 weeks and have something working, than have to deal with a broken update EVERY single week.
I've spent more time in lobby than playing an actual match. This is not how a game should function and indicates that it was rushed to market before it was ready. Another example of developers disregarding the customer. When will customers get a game that is fully functional from day 1 and not be the guinea pigs game for developers. If customers can't play the game when they sign in then what good is it? As long as customers accept this type of behavior from developers this is what we will continue to get from them. Maybe we should stop pre-ordering games and wait till developers can show us that they have developed a game that actually functions all of the time in all areas before we buy it and just maybe they will get the message.
YoshiMax wrote:
So 6 days since they pulled the patch beta and they haven't said a single thing about what's going on? Unbelievable.

It wasn't working. Did you really want them to release the new CU beta if it wasn't working? I would rather wait 3 weeks and have something working, than have to deal with a broken update EVERY single week.
bro that means you're willing to wait 3 more weeks for a BETA of the game we have been waiting to have fixed for almost 3 months.they should just give us the actual working version of the game because after this beta comes out it will probably be around 5 months after launch their game still doesnt work. i agree about waiting and having something working but its been far more than 3 weeks they gave us broken updates for so long now
I noticed using apps while searching in matchmaking lessens your chance of finding a game. I hope this helps.
i noticed the same, which is stupid because most of the time you need a party chat to guarantee you can speak with your party
I don't write on forums. It just took me 15 minutes to find this forum discussing the matchmaking issues that have plagued this video game for well over two months now... And all the while I've being trying to load a multiplayer match. I'm at my wits end. I've had the same Xbox Live account for 10 years, and I almost exclusively play online multiplayer. There is no other franchise in the history of Xbox Live that could fairly be compared to the debacle I've had the pleasure of experiencing since I purchased 343 Industries Master Chief Collection. I think I've actually spent more time trying to find a match than actually playing this God forsaken game. Your ineptitude at fixing these matchmaking bugs has become so apparent that Kathleen Sebelius take pity on you. It's literally easier for me to go to HealthCare.gov and purchase medical insurance than it is to play your game, which is sad considering how much enjoyment I've gotten out of Halo since Combat Evolved. So thanks.
YoshiMax wrote:

I think what he means is that rhey have not said anything as to why it is delayed and wgen we can expect it.
LOL
I don't write on forums. It just took me 15 minutes to find this forum discussing the matchmaking issues that have plagued this video game for well over two months now... And all the while I've being trying to load a multiplayer match. I'm at my wits end. I've had the same Xbox Live account for 10 years, and I almost exclusively play online multiplayer. There is no other franchise in the history of Xbox Live that could fairly be compared to the debacle I've had the pleasure of experiencing since I purchased 343 Industries Master Chief Collection. I think I've actually spent more time trying to find a match than actually playing this God forsaken game. Your ineptitude at fixing these matchmaking bugs has become so apparent that Kathleen Sebelius take pity on you. It's literally easier for me to go to HealthCare.gov and purchase medical insurance than it is to play your game, which is sad considering how much enjoyment I've gotten out of Halo since Combat Evolved. So thanks.
Thats good -Yoink-!!!!!! LMAO!
Do not make nonconstructive posts.

Spoiler:
Show
YoshiMax wrote:

No I don't want any more broken patches. What would be nice is some communication though - this radio silence they keep adopting is totally unacceptable.

Today for example I've been unable to get a game of any type at all. This has never happened before so presumably they've taken the matchmaking servers offline - but they don't tell us they're doing it so it just seems like it's now completely broken and won't progress beyond "searching for players". they could've put one of those in-game broadcast messages up at the very least to say they're doing maintenance or whatever.
I'm now really getting sick of the mcc situation. I play this game daily, and some days all you do is sit in the lobby. 2.5 months after launch, i mean ....
At least tell us you won't be fixing it any time soon. You guys keep us in the dark all of the time 343 and microsoft. All you do is shut up, i'm soo fed up with it. And for sure i'm going to explode if odst comes out before the matchmaking fix. I'm so fed up with it. Today again, 2 searches and best result was beeing stuck in the lobby with 6.

Congratz microsoft, for having no vision at all. This is you flagship and 2.5 months after launch its the most broken game of 2014 and so far also 2015. And they are probably thinking that they are handling this minor situation pretty well. Unbelievable. I'm now at the point i don't want too play alone anymore cause the experience is so bad and slow. And if its not working in party then just -Yoink- ths game :)

At least have a small peace of respect for all the people that payed .. cause i payed 2.5 monthss a go for 100% of the game, at this point the game works okay for 50%. This is just a lack of vision, respect and care for your fans and franchise. Xbox wouldn't even exist anymore if it wasn't for H:CE, it would have had the same path like the dreamcast.
I -Yoinking!- sold Destiny for less -Yoink- man, seriously
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not purposely bypass the word filter.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
YoshiMax wrote:

Maybe they're worried about the whole "Lizard Squad DDOS" situation. I'm just guessing here. God I -Yoinking!- hate those "e-goon", ddosing brats! I hope that they get locked up soon!
YoshiMax wrote:

Maybe they're worried about the whole "Lizard Squad DDOS" situation. I'm just guessing here. God I -Yoinking!- hate those "e-goon", ddosing brats! I hope that they get locked up soon!
Oh wait! Their website got hacked by anonymous and their (lizard squad's) Twitter handles were suspended soon after! A small victory. I guess.
Need that Halo 3 Ranking Update!
I need that big matchmaking and party update as soon as the beta testing's done! I hate the current one! Coupled with the fact that I have a Strict NAT type, it's absolute hell on earth!
is it just me or does matchmaking on the MCC take 20 years to load?
like i could listen to like all of the chelsea grin albums and it still wouldnt have loaded
I need that big matchmaking and party update as soon as the beta testing's done! I hate the current one! Coupled with the fact that I have a Strict NAT type, it's absolute hell on earth!
Have you tried this method; test your multiplayer connection, and after the test is done, hold down RT+LT+RB+LB. My NAT type is moderate, but this method sets it OPEN! Works for me so give it a try!
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 164
  4. 165
  5. 166
  6. 167
  7. 168
  8. ...
  9. 200