honestly its much improved. From November where it would takes 20+ minutes to find a game normally, it now takes less than 5 most of the time...when it works. There are still major issues where we spend 10-20 minutes attempting to find a game.
we still quit the game and go to the dashboard and restart... frequently...here's why
- matchmaking times still are way too long most of the time. Sometimes it works within 30 seconds and its great... most of the time it takes us 10+ minutes just waiting in a lobby together just to get disconnected from each other.
- we can't connect to each other sometimes, and we both have to go to the dashboard and quit the game/restart it to fix it.
- we get put on separate teams even if we are searching together. I understand this is because we have 6 out of 8 players and we have a party of 4, so one person gets put on the other team, but this is not an ok way for the game to start.
- we find people, but we do not have enough people to start the game, usually 1, 3, or 5 off (ALL ODD NUMBERS, SEE BELOW), depending on the playlist.
- we begin searching, and then disconnect from each other within a few minutes.
I have a simple mathematical solution. 343 please take note. I have no idea if this is already happening, or how easy this is, but code is math from what I know so this is how I see it:
MATCH ODD NUMBERED PARTIES WITH ODD NUMBERED PARTIES, AND EVEN NUMBERED PARTIES WITH EVEN NUMBERED PARTIES.
odd numbered parties (1,3,5,7) will turn into even numbers when put together, always. Then you match even numbers (2,4,6,8) with even numbers, and you have a system that only finds the correct amount of players, 6 or 8 for regular sized games and 12, 14 or 16 for big team. I see this as fixing a system where all too often you are waiting in a lobby with too few people.
- ofcourse I have no idea what kind of initiatives have already taken place, or what was already in place, because when we see updates we just see "improved matchmaking speeds" and "reduced waiting times."
When it works though, we have tons of fun. The game itself is wonderful, and we will continue to play it and hope that one of these updates that proclaim "improved matchmaking speeds" and "reduced wait times" will actually work.
- provided, the last update we all found helped a lot. Great work. keep up whatever you are doing.