Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

[Locked] Legacy Map and Game Type Migration to MCC

OP Postums

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 5
How do I transfer them I'm on mcc and I cant see anything
Help
How do I transfer them I'm on mcc and I cant see anything
Help
Instructions can be found here, under the 'LEGACY CONTENT MIGRATION' subheading:
Quote:
What do I have to do? Load up Halo 3, Halo: Reach, and Halo 4 on your Xbox 360 (or on your Xbox One via back-compat) and ensure the local files you want to copy over to MCC are uploaded to your file share before each pull. Ensure your game types are uploaded up before August 12. On the 12, please leave them there for at least 24 hours without altering so we can properly perform the copy. After that, please take some time to place your maps on your file shares before August 26. If you can’t get to your Xbox 360 or update your file share, don’t worry as the game types and maps already uploaded will still make their way to MCC.
I'm not sure if it's too late to upload gametypes and have them transfer, but if they've been in your fileshare for a while they should transfer in time—I imagine it's a lengthy process.
I recently uploaded my gametypes to my file share on Halo: Reach today will they still be able to transfer over to MCC?
So once the 24 hour wait for game types to transfer to MCC is over, can I delete everything in my file share on the legacy titles then put maps in it or will taking them out affect the process? Just want to make sure :P
Despite 343’s recommendation of uploading your gametypes before the 12th, I managed to upload mine at the last second. Specifically, about an hour before the scheduled transfer time (10am PST). Will my gametypes still transfer over to the MCC?
NinjaJ10 wrote:
Despite 343’s recommendation of uploading your gametypes before the 12th, I managed to upload mine at the last second. Specifically, about an hour before the scheduled transfer time (10am PST). Will my gametypes still transfer over to the MCC?
you should be fine.

me, on the other hand, completely forgot to change over my fileshares to gametypes. i had all my maps uploaded because that was the original plan (maps first, then gametypes). i managed to change them all over like 7pm eastern but im pretty sure thats too late... smh and ive been asking them to do this for years.
Quote:
For PC players who have maps in these legacy titles you will need to load into MCC on Xbox after the update to make these available
Is this Xbox part a typo? If not, how are people without Xbox One consoles going to get their maps on to PC?
I still have and occasionally use my Xbox 360, but I sold my Xbox One since I really didn't care for it as a system, so how can I get my maps over to my PC version of MCC when I get it?
Quote:
For PC players who have maps in these legacy titles you will need to load into MCC on Xbox after the update to make these available
Is this Xbox part a typo? If not, how are people without Xbox One consoles going to get their maps on to PC?
I still have and occasionally use my Xbox 360, but I sold my Xbox One since I really didn't care for it as a system, so how can I get my maps over to my PC version of MCC when I get it?
Find an XB1 console to log in/load up MCC.
A food for thought, I wonder if there will be a "Legacy" playlist as an event to showcase the old gametypes and maps onto the MCC Matchmaking service? It would be a cool way to show newcoming players what maps existed back before MCC existed, I actually had two Halo 3's Sandbox Maps with two customized gametypes called "Bumperbikes" and "Aero-Bomb" uploaded on Halo 3's fileshare way back in the year 2009.

Pretty cool I'll see those maps again, maybe a chance they can become part of the Action Sack playlist If I tweaked it up a bit.
I have well over a hundred maps saved on my hard disk on 360. So only the maps in my fileshare will be transferred?
I have well over a hundred maps saved on my hard disk on 360. So only the maps in my fileshare will be transferred?
Afraid so.
I'm just here for a release date! I was hoping you would announce something but Gears 5 skins? Seriously?
I believe the halo in game purchases could still work if for cosmetics like special skins for weapons and armor and be able to buy req points not packs and stances and maybe dance moves and voice
HOLYtheCOW wrote:
I'm just here for a release date! I was hoping you would announce something but Gears 5 skins? Seriously?
I believe the halo in game purchases could still work if for cosmetics like special skins for weapons and armor and be able to buy req points not packs and stances and maybe dance moves and voice
Let's keep on topic please
Thanks 343, that's pretty neat. But could you guys give us Bungie Pro too? I know it has been asked a lot before but I have a lot of content i would like to migrate to MCC and wouldn't be able to do it without those extra file share slots. Would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks 343, that's pretty neat. But could you guys give us Bungie Pro too? I know it has been asked a lot before but I have a lot of content i would like to migrate to MCC and wouldn't be able to do it without those extra file share slots. Would be greatly appreciated.
Sorry Dark, but it's not possible for 343 to do this and any updates to file share sizes in legacy games likely requires a title update
Before the maps are copied, I want to know how to get ALL of my favorite Halo 3 maps transferred. I already uploaded as many of my favorites as I could on my original account's file share, but there are about 20 more maps I would like to transfer as well. I even made a new Xbox live account and burned a 2-week gold code for it and it still wouldn't work. It wouldn't let me upload anything to the new account's file-share saying that I "must be a Bungie Pro Member" or have an "active Xbox Live Gold Membership." Also, while signed on my new account it wouldn't let me access the other profile's maps/game types even though they are stored locally on the Xbox 360's hard drive. Have anyone else found a useful way for this to work, or anyway at all to get ALL of my favorite Halo 3 maps copied and transferred?

Also, there are a few maps in Halo 4 that I was trying to transfer and it wouldn't let me because the "creator's gamertag is not allowed on Xbox Live." I went into forge for each of these maps and edited a few things and tried to save it as a new map, but the original creator's name remained the same, thus keeping me from uploading them to my file share.

Another issue I found were that many of the legacy titles were running very badly and were constantly freezing/crashing while trying to do this process which made the entire process take about 4 hours, instead of what should have been 1 hour at the most. Most of the freezing occurred while accessing maps stored locally and when viewing/editing my file shares. The freezing was very bad on Halo 3, pretty bad on Reach, and there were still some issues on Halo 4. I had no issues before when just uploading game types.
Before the maps are copied, I want to know how to get ALL of my favorite Halo 3 maps transferred. I already uploaded as many of my favorites as I could on my original account's file share, but there are about 20 more maps I would like to transfer as well. I even made a new Xbox live account and burned a 2-week gold code for it and it still wouldn't work. It wouldn't let me upload anything to the new account's file-share saying that I "must be a Bungie Pro Member" or have an "active Xbox Live Gold Membership." Also, while signed on my new account it wouldn't let me access the other profile's maps/game types even though they are stored locally on the Xbox 360's hard drive. Have anyone else found a useful way for this to work, or anyway at all to get ALL of my favorite Halo 3 maps copied and transferred?

Also, there are a few maps in Halo 4 that I was trying to transfer and it wouldn't let me because the "creator's gamertag is not allowed on Xbox Live." I went into forge for each of these maps and edited a few things and tried to save it as a new map, but the original creator's name remained the same, thus keeping me from uploading them to my file share.

Another issue I found were that many of the legacy titles were running very badly and were constantly freezing/crashing while trying to do this process which made the entire process take about 4 hours, instead of what should have been 1 hour at the most. Most of the freezing occurred while accessing maps stored locally and when viewing/editing my file shares. The freezing was very bad on Halo 3, pretty bad on Reach, and there were still some issues on Halo 4. I had no issues before when just uploading game types.
Ok I think I know what happens at point number one. When creating your alternative account I think you took a test of xbox live gold, according to me with the gold tests you cannot upload any type of file to your shared files, it has to be strictly with an XLG membership, I don't know if you understand that There is a difference between membership and a test. As for accessing the files of your other profile it is very simple. Find your gamertag from your account add yourself as a friend in xbox live, select it and open the option "see shared files of" gamertag "and ready there will be the ones you uploaded. You will have to download them and upload them back to your alternative account. You should delete them and upload your second batch of map files. It's tedious I know but it worked for me. As soon as the Xbox 360 titles are frozen I thought it was my Xbox and because it was the only one, I thought it was my hard drive but seeing Your comment I doubt that we are the only ones to whom this problem happens to us and I don't know why

Ok I think I know what happens at point number one. When creating your alternative account I think you took a test of xbox live gold, according to me with the gold tests you cannot upload any type of file to your shared files, it has to be strictly with an XLG membership, I don't know if you understand that There is a difference between membership and a test. As for accessing the files of your other profile it is very simple. Find your gamertag from your account add yourself as a friend in xbox live, select it and open the option "see shared files of" gamertag "and ready there will be the ones you uploaded. You will have to download them and upload them back to your alternative account. You should delete them and upload your second batch of map files. It's tedious I know but it worked for me. As soon as the Xbox 360 titles are frozen I thought it was my Xbox and because it was the only one, I thought it was my hard drive but seeing Your comment I doubt that we are the only ones to whom this problem happens to us and I don't know why
Yeah I understand exactly what your saying, I just don't want to go through that tedious process, and I don't want to pay for another accounts XBL. I wish there was an easier way. I did, however, file share all the maps I truly care about/will play the most of. The ones that didn't get shared are good too, but I sorted through all my maps remembering which ones were which in forge for all 3 games. That was a tedious process!
And yeah, I thought it was my discs, but it must be something with the process of transferring the files over causing the freezing.

Yeah I understand exactly what your saying, I just don't want to go through that tedious process, and I don't want to pay for another accounts XBL. I wish there was an easier way. I did, however, file share all the maps I truly care about/will play the most of. The ones that didn't get shared are good too, but I sorted through all my maps remembering which ones were which in forge for all 3 games. That was a tedious process!
And yeah, I thought it was my discs, but it must be something with the process of transferring the files over causing the freezing.
There's a two months for $2 deal on Xbox Game Pass Ultimate right now for first time subscribers. Just be sure to turn off recurring billing because it reverts back to the regular price afterwards.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 5