Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

Legacy Map and Game Type Migration to MCC

OP Postums

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4
How do I transfer them I'm on mcc and I cant see anything
Help
How do I transfer them I'm on mcc and I cant see anything
Help
Instructions can be found here, under the 'LEGACY CONTENT MIGRATION' subheading:
Quote:
What do I have to do? Load up Halo 3, Halo: Reach, and Halo 4 on your Xbox 360 (or on your Xbox One via back-compat) and ensure the local files you want to copy over to MCC are uploaded to your file share before each pull. Ensure your game types are uploaded up before August 12. On the 12, please leave them there for at least 24 hours without altering so we can properly perform the copy. After that, please take some time to place your maps on your file shares before August 26. If you can’t get to your Xbox 360 or update your file share, don’t worry as the game types and maps already uploaded will still make their way to MCC.
I'm not sure if it's too late to upload gametypes and have them transfer, but if they've been in your fileshare for a while they should transfer in time—I imagine it's a lengthy process.
I recently uploaded my gametypes to my file share on Halo: Reach today will they still be able to transfer over to MCC?
So once the 24 hour wait for game types to transfer to MCC is over, can I delete everything in my file share on the legacy titles then put maps in it or will taking them out affect the process? Just want to make sure :P
Despite 343’s recommendation of uploading your gametypes before the 12th, I managed to upload mine at the last second. Specifically, about an hour before the scheduled transfer time (10am PST). Will my gametypes still transfer over to the MCC?
NinjaJ10 wrote:
Despite 343’s recommendation of uploading your gametypes before the 12th, I managed to upload mine at the last second. Specifically, about an hour before the scheduled transfer time (10am PST). Will my gametypes still transfer over to the MCC?
you should be fine.

me, on the other hand, completely forgot to change over my fileshares to gametypes. i had all my maps uploaded because that was the original plan (maps first, then gametypes). i managed to change them all over like 7pm eastern but im pretty sure thats too late... smh and ive been asking them to do this for years.
Quote:
For PC players who have maps in these legacy titles you will need to load into MCC on Xbox after the update to make these available
Is this Xbox part a typo? If not, how are people without Xbox One consoles going to get their maps on to PC?
I still have and occasionally use my Xbox 360, but I sold my Xbox One since I really didn't care for it as a system, so how can I get my maps over to my PC version of MCC when I get it?
Quote:
For PC players who have maps in these legacy titles you will need to load into MCC on Xbox after the update to make these available
Is this Xbox part a typo? If not, how are people without Xbox One consoles going to get their maps on to PC?
I still have and occasionally use my Xbox 360, but I sold my Xbox One since I really didn't care for it as a system, so how can I get my maps over to my PC version of MCC when I get it?
Find an XB1 console to log in/load up MCC.
A food for thought, I wonder if there will be a "Legacy" playlist as an event to showcase the old gametypes and maps onto the MCC Matchmaking service? It would be a cool way to show newcoming players what maps existed back before MCC existed, I actually had two Halo 3's Sandbox Maps with two customized gametypes called "Bumperbikes" and "Aero-Bomb" uploaded on Halo 3's fileshare way back in the year 2009.

Pretty cool I'll see those maps again, maybe a chance they can become part of the Action Sack playlist If I tweaked it up a bit.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4