How would you rank the games from most difficult to least difficult on Legendary?

1. Halo 3 ODST (Pretty much a total breeze)
2. Halo 3 (Pretty hard, but nothing compared to CE or 2, however Cortana is on-par with the hardest levels of both previous games)
3. Halo 5 (Fighting elites is a breeze for the first time, hunters are now the worst things ever)
4. Halo Reach (Elites are very difficult on-par with Halo 2, everything else is pretty easy though and no flood)
5. Halo 2 (It’s artificially hard, but still deaths are easily predictable and you always know why you die even if it’s bullcrap like one shot snipers. I’ve also played it the most by far so I’m good at it now)
6. Halo Combat Evolved (Very hard game, and not very forgiving)
7. Halo 4 (Because the Forerunners are artificially difficult pieces of crap and are total bullet sponges and have cheap instakills and love to teleport etc. it makes it infuriatingly hard)
I think Reach is the easiest and Halo 2 is the hardest.
I beat Halo CE Legendary Solo the other day with about 8-10 hours of gameplay. Was tough, but halo 2 feels harder so far.
Very tough lol
Honestly Halo 2 is the hardest, any mistakes made, you're dead, Halo 2 you need to take the enemies seriously because they can kill nearly instantly like 9 shots from and Elite in less than a second.

You need to know where the enemies spawn & have good tactics to survive.
So let me start off by stating my history of having beat all the games on solo legendary so that way you can understand I do have a fair amount of experience for the fact that Halo 2 is the hardest, not even up for debate on that. easiest might be, halo 3 odst, or Halo 5 with the ai revive system.
Hardest to Easiest: (solo)
Halo 2
Halo CE
Halo Reach
Halo 3 ODST
Halo 3
Halo 4
Halo 5
Hardest to easiest imo: H:CE - H4 - H3 - H2 - ODST
So let me start off by stating my history of having beat all the games on solo legendary so that way you can understand I do have a fair amount of experience for the fact that Halo 2 is the hardest, not even up for debate on that. easiest might be, halo 3 odst, or Halo 5 with the ai revive system.
Not really, you can skip most of the hardest parts of H2. H2 is most definitely one of the easiest imo. It's more of a grind that hard.
XbL Dingle wrote:
So let me start off by stating my history of having beat all the games on solo legendary so that way you can understand I do have a fair amount of experience for the fact that Halo 2 is the hardest, not even up for debate on that. easiest might be, halo 3 odst, or Halo 5 with the ai revive system.
Not really, you can skip most of the hardest parts of H2. H2 is most definitely one of the easiest imo. It's more of a grind that hard.
But if you do it legitimately, then you have the most challenging and hardest campaign in the series. In my opinion, the easiest one is Halo 3, except Cortana.
XbL Dingle wrote:
So let me start off by stating my history of having beat all the games on solo legendary so that way you can understand I do have a fair amount of experience for the fact that Halo 2 is the hardest, not even up for debate on that. easiest might be, halo 3 odst, or Halo 5 with the ai revive system.
Not really, you can skip most of the hardest parts of H2. H2 is most definitely one of the easiest imo. It's more of a grind that hard.
But if you do it legitimately, then you have the most challenging and hardest campaign in the series. In my opinion, the easiest one is Halo 3, except Cortana.
I still don't think it is, it's a grind more than anything, memorize the sniper jackals and you are good. A breeze.
I think Reach is the easiest and Halo 2 is the hardest.
Likewise. Reach with plasma pistol & DMR/Needle Rifle is pretty straight forward. Only remember having a little trouble during the space mission.

Meanwhile Halo 2 is super annoying with Jackal snipers and Drones.
XbL Dingle wrote:
XbL Dingle wrote:
So let me start off by stating my history of having beat all the games on solo legendary so that way you can understand I do have a fair amount of experience for the fact that Halo 2 is the hardest, not even up for debate on that. easiest might be, halo 3 odst, or Halo 5 with the ai revive system.
Not really, you can skip most of the hardest parts of H2. H2 is most definitely one of the easiest imo. It's more of a grind that hard.
But if you do it legitimately, then you have the most challenging and hardest campaign in the series. In my opinion, the easiest one is Halo 3, except Cortana.
I still don't think it is, it's a grind more than anything, memorize the sniper jackals and you are good. A breeze.
So when I solo legendary I don't go out of the map, I don't use cheats or tricks... okay noob combo but that's it. Now when you say its a grind, all hard difficulties in all games a are a grind. you die and learn from your mistakes over and over again. saying to memorize the sniper jackals and you are good IS not accurate at all. I'm sorry but even when you memorize where they are 90% of the time when you expose your self to snipe them, even when you know where they are. there is usually at least 2 more looking at you. so you have to be faster than 3 jackal snipers. Trust me It is the hardest, It took me about 3 days for every halo game, give or take a day. halo 2 took me over a week. It's the hardest.

Now I will admit if you get out of the map, and you skip encounters then yes then it's easy, but I don't do that I kill all the enemies (or at least most) I also take the path I believe the creators wanted you to take.
Most of the games are fairly easy with the plasma pistol haha.

Halo 1 i feel is harder in the MCC due to the 60fps, the enemies react and act MUCH faster than they used to.

Halo 2 is still very hard, like 3 plasma rifle shots and you're dead. I'd consider it the hardest.

Halo 3 is not that hard, flood is the most difficult but a sword or shotgun make it a breeze (except Cortana).

ODST could be hard but again, plasma pistol is your friend.

Halo 4 is only harder because the shield takes FOREVER to recharge.

I only remember Reach being hard on LASO.

Honestly haven't played Halo 5 legendary solo yet, wasn't that hard Co-op
XbL Dingle wrote:
XbL Dingle wrote:
So let me start off by stating my history of having beat all the games on solo legendary so that way you can understand I do have a fair amount of experience for the fact that Halo 2 is the hardest, not even up for debate on that. easiest might be, halo 3 odst, or Halo 5 with the ai revive system.
Not really, you can skip most of the hardest parts of H2. H2 is most definitely one of the easiest imo. It's more of a grind that hard.
But if you do it legitimately, then you have the most challenging and hardest campaign in the series. In my opinion, the easiest one is Halo 3, except Cortana.
I still don't think it is, it's a grind more than anything, memorize the sniper jackals and you are good. A breeze.
So when I solo legendary I don't go out of the map, I don't use cheats or tricks... okay noob combo but that's it. Now when you say its a grind, all hard difficulties in all games a are a grind. you die and learn from your mistakes over and over again. saying to memorize the sniper jackals and you are good IS not accurate at all. I'm sorry but even when you memorize where they are 90% of the time when you expose your self to snipe them, even when you know where they are. there is usually at least 2 more looking at you. so you have to be faster than 3 jackal snipers. Trust me It is the hardest, It took me about 3 days for every halo game, give or take a day. halo 2 took me over a week. It's the hardest.

Now I will admit if you get out of the map, and you skip encounters then yes then it's easy, but I don't do that I kill all the enemies (or at least most) I also take the path I believe the creators wanted you to take.
So you agree, H2 is easy. Good. :)
XbL Dingle wrote:
XbL Dingle wrote:
XbL Dingle wrote:
So let me start off by stating my history of having beat all the games on solo legendary so that way you can understand I do have a fair amount of experience for the fact that Halo 2 is the hardest, not even up for debate on that. easiest might be, halo 3 odst, or Halo 5 with the ai revive system.
Not really, you can skip most of the hardest parts of H2. H2 is most definitely one of the easiest imo. It's more of a grind that hard.
But if you do it legitimately, then you have the most challenging and hardest campaign in the series. In my opinion, the easiest one is Halo 3, except Cortana.
I still don't think it is, it's a grind more than anything, memorize the sniper jackals and you are good. A breeze.
So when I solo legendary I don't go out of the map, I don't use cheats or tricks... okay noob combo but that's it. Now when you say its a grind, all hard difficulties in all games a are a grind. you die and learn from your mistakes over and over again. saying to memorize the sniper jackals and you are good IS not accurate at all. I'm sorry but even when you memorize where they are 90% of the time when you expose your self to snipe them, even when you know where they are. there is usually at least 2 more looking at you. so you have to be faster than 3 jackal snipers. Trust me It is the hardest, It took me about 3 days for every halo game, give or take a day. halo 2 took me over a week. It's the hardest.

Now I will admit if you get out of the map, and you skip encounters then yes then it's easy, but I don't do that I kill all the enemies (or at least most) I also take the path I believe the creators wanted you to take.
So you agree, H2 is easy. Good. :)
If you cheat, any game is easy. just saying.
I must be one of the oddballs by saying Halo ce is the easiest lol

Easiest to hardest
Halo ce
Halo 5
Halo 3
Halo reach
Halo 3 odst
Halo 4
Halo 2
I'm going at this from a Co-op perspctive.

Easiest:
1) H5. You can have up to 4 people playing together, so even though the Forerunners suck and are total bullet sponges it's not terribly hard.
2) H3: Maybe this is from my brother and I playing the game so much as kids, but I didn't find it overly difficult as whole, especially with the ability to be a scumbag and have one person hang back if a section is really rough.
3) CE: Again, with the ability to hang back this wasn't the worst in the worst. The good 'ol "kill me, I need ammo" was used a rather large number of times, but there were definitely some parts that sucked.
4) H4: Purely because of the fact that the Forerunners suck major -Yoink-. Screw them so damn hard, and I hope we never see them again in another Halo after 5.
5) H2: So not only did you not have the ability to come back if you died, if either of you died it complete reset you to the last checkpoint. So you basically double the chances of one of you getting dicked over by some -Yoink- sniper sitting in the back and after a while it's incredibly rage inducing. This was annoying on Heroic, Legendary was just aids.
I would use ranking from 1 to 7, with 1 being the easiest and 7 being the hardest.

  1. Halo: Combat Evolved - The fairest of the Legendary Campaigns. Combat Evolved on Legendary is tough but fair. It in't maddening, but it is definitely challenging and even frantic and breathless in some places, but it never makes me angry or frustrated.
  2. Halo 3 - Everything felt balanced with this one. This was what Halo 2 should have been. Enemies are tough but not invincible, and even though Jackal Snipers are a pain, they aren't the evil insta-kill abominations that they were in Halo 2. Also, since enemies rarely dual wield, my shields don't deplete in a matter of milliseconds like they do in Halo 2.
  3. Halo: Reach - Feeling much like Combat Evolved, Reach is tough but fun. It's certain challenging, but never impossible. Also, the ability to sprint and use armor abilities makes this one more fun than previous entries as well, since the Covenant can use armor abilities too.
  4. Halo 5 - Actually pretty easy, except for Warden Eternal, who is as difficult to kill as the the level Outskirts is to play through without getting sniped. Also, Covenant with needlers are very, very dangerous.
  5. Halo 3: ODST - Given that the player doesn't have shields and must use health packs, ODST is one of the more challenging games on Legendary. It's very similar to Combat Evolved in many ways, but the lack of shields and need for health packs makes it one of the more perilous games as well, especially since Melee attacks and certain weapons are much weaker than in other games.
  6. Halo 4 - Promethean Knights are as broken as Jackal Snipers. I hate these things. I hate them so much. I also hate those watchers. Because of the watcher's ability to revive fallen enemies and the amount of ammo the player will expend just from taking down that enemy twice, Halo 4 is the second-most difficult game in the series, and also because the Needler is more accurate than before and because weapons run through ammo faster than before, along with many weapons having their ammo capacity and reserve capacities shrunk yet again.
  7. Halo 2 - Was there ever any doubt? This game was not properly tested before being shipped, and enemies have too much health, Elites dual-wielding plasma rifles take down shields and health in under a second or two, Jackal snipers hiding left and right, Flood that can operate vehicles, and vehicles being faster, more accurate, and even more durable than the player's vehicle are the tip of the iceberg. Halo 2's Legendary difficulty is the sensation of torturing one's self over and over and over again.