Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

[Locked] Less than 14k players left on the MCC

OP BatmanDobbins

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5
If you look at the Xbox Top Played Page, the MCC still can't break the top 10. It's getting beat out by Dragon Age Inquisition ffs. We don't have the exact numbers, but we know that following the release of Hardline, BF4 has still made spot #8 with only 14k players.

Source: http://bf4stats.com/

Presumably the MCC is around or under 10k at this point, meaning most playlists probably aren't breaking 1k total players.

What does this mean? For one thing, everyone should stop -Yoinking!- about 343 putting in ranks - they won't make much of a difference at this point. This means the frustrating amount of hopeless blowout matches and rage quitters is going to remain the status quo.

Secondly, paid dlc is no longer an option for this game. Any further playlist dilution by separating those who bought it and those who didn't would have adverse affects for both.
Thirdly, team snipers, team swat, team doubles will probably never have a permanent spot in the playlists.

I also think this might be why they opted not to include ODST firefight; as a firefight playlist would dilute multiplayer even further in a way that campaigns don't because they are a one and done type deal for most folks.

I'm the guy who started #saveMccFirst, and i noticed i got alot of hate on these forums for it. I realize i can be hypoerbolic and condescending sometimes and i'm sorry if that offended some of you....but surely i'm not the only one who is concerned that most of the playlists outside of team h2a, team slayer, and btb are going to be obsolete most times of the day before we even reach summer break?
More In depth analysis of the problem (beware my hyperbolic condescending attitude): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6NRPwOZgxs
Maybe MCC population constantly drops cause of the frustration and that players have just given up with this game?
This is depressing. I think the population will rebound somewhat once the game is operating properly. I doubt it's going to be what it had the potential for originally. Oh well nothing much we can do about it now :/
10k players sounds about right. Once the ranks are properly working I think the population for TMCC will increase quite a bit.
If you look at the Xbox Top Played Page, the MCC still can't break the top 10. It's getting beat out by Dragon Age Inquisition ffs. We don't have the exact numbers, but we know that following the release of Hardline, BF4 has still made spot #8 with only 14k players.

Presumably the MCC is around or under 10k at this point, meaning most playlists probably aren't breaking 1k total players.

What does this mean? For one thing, everyone should stop -Yoinking!- about 343 putting in ranks - they won't make much of a difference at this point. This means the frustrating amount of hopeless blowout matches and rage quitters is going to remain the status quo.

Secondly, paid dlc is no longer an option for this game. Any further playlist dilution by separating those who bought it and those who didn't would have adverse affects for both.
Thirdly, team snipers, team swat, team doubles will probably never have a permanent spot in the playlists.

I also think this might be why they opted not to include ODST firefight; as a firefight playlist would dilute multiplayer even further in a way that campaigns don't because they are a one and done type deal for most folks.

I'm the guy who started #saveMccFirst, and i noticed i got alot of hate on these forums for it. I realize i can be hypoerbolic and condescending sometimes and i'm sorry if that offended some of you....but surely i'm not the only one who is concerned that most of the playlists outside of team h2a, team slayer, and btb are going to be obsolete most times of the day before we even reach summer break?
More In depth analysis of the problem (beware my hyperbolic condescending attitude): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6NRPwOZgxs
ODST likely would not have had a playlist because Bungie did not develop MM for firefight until Reach...Doubtful that 343i could have implemented MM into ODST. There had to be another reason they did not want to do Firefight for the ODST port
man, i was expecting some actual evidence.
I still don't know what to make of these supposed list. Since MCC has no population count how do they know the numbers? How or where are these numbers generated? Do they have some inside source that can see 343 server traffic? Are these numbers being generated by sales? But either way doesn't matter much to me. With the attitudes I see from gamers here... oh I instantly quit halo 4 or ar starts or when I don't get game I want, I can't say I blame most for giving up on this game. I was playing a lot of mcc for the last month or so but got so tired of instant quitters and oh the the team has the lead quitters, finding good games became so rare. Majority of gamers are to fickle for a game like MCC. I am one of the very rare players that can put up with the different dynamics of Halo. Sprint, no sprint, abilities what ever.
LethalQ wrote:
I still don't know what to make of these supposed list. Since MCC has no population count how do they know the numbers? How or where are these numbers generated? Do they have some inside source that can see 343 server traffic? Are these numbers being generated by sales? But either way doesn't matter much to me. With the attitudes I see from gamers here... oh I instantly quit halo 4 or ar starts or when I don't get game I want, I can't say I blame most for giving up on this game. I was playing a lot of mcc for the last month or so but got so tired of instant quitters and oh the the team has the lead quitters, finding good games became so rare. Majority of gamers are to fickle for a game like MCC. I am one of the very rare players that can put up with the different dynamics of Halo. Sprint, no sprint, abilities what ever.
Same here. Doesn't matter which halo it is I really would just like to hop into BTB with 16 players and ranks and play a rotation of any of the 4 halos. That was my vision and that is what we were promised before launch. Unfortunately , this is FAR from that vision. If they could at least get ranks working properly it would make a HUGE difference. Quitters that quit all the time would be placed with other lower level quitters. Thus anyone that climbs up the ranks, would be less likely to see quitters. Working true skill ranks truly would improve this game a LOT. That's basically what I am waiting for. Once ranks are implemented and working, I will be back full time playing all 4 halo games.
It's a crying shame, but it did what MS wanted it to do: sold xbones to create an install base for Halo 5.
It was on the top ten page within the last week. I think it was this past weekend.

So you end this with advertising your video? On your opinion?

I'd like to see a source for your information, please.

So you end this with advertising your video? On your opinion?

I'd like to see a source for your information, please.
Just don't tell him if you're pre-ordering Halo 5.
This is actual evidence, we know the numbers of BF4, we know it is ranked higher than Halo in terms of players, do the math.
It is pretty obvious why 343i did not release player count, the Halo community has been aggressive since Reach's existence on popularity drops and considering the bugs this game had (which were many, easy to spot and still in too large amount for a 4 month released AAA game) they didn't want to be reminded again of how much they failed again. Since Halo 3 no Halo game managed to pull off to grow exponentially way after launch.
Oh look, it's that guy who whores out the same tired old arguments because he lacks sufficient thinking skills to come up with something relevant.

Here's a suggestion for your channel, try making some new content over rehashing the same rubbish over and over again. Your first video was fine but after that it just became clear you were suffering from wafflpwn syndrome.
Wait... Battlefield on Xbox is only at 14k!?!? That's a MASSIVE population drop.
VISSSSSS wrote:
Maybe MCC population constantly drops cause of the frustration and that players have just given up with this game?

Or classic Halo isn't as popular as people make it out to be.

10k players sounds about right. Once the ranks are properly working I think the population for TMCC will increase quite a bit.
It won't.
Archellik wrote:
Oh look, it's that guy who whores out the same tired old arguments because he lacks sufficient thinking skills to come up with something relevant.

Here's a suggestion for your channel, try making some new content over rehashing the same rubbish over and over again. Your first video was fine but after that it just became clear you were suffering from wafflpwn syndrome.
The worst of them all
It's currently #9 on the Xbox Store right now. I don't know what you are talking about.
Soulburnin wrote:
VISSSSSS wrote:

Or classic Halo isn't as popular as people make it out to be.

I agree with this.
spartanC18 wrote:

This is actual evidence, we know the numbers of BF4, we know it is ranked higher than Halo in terms of players, do the math.
It is pretty obvious why 343i did not release player count, the Halo community has been aggressive since Reach's existence on popularity drops and considering the bugs this game had (which were many, easy to spot and still in too large amount for a 4 month released AAA game) they didn't want to be reminded again of how much they failed again. Since Halo 3 no Halo game managed to pull off to grow exponentially way after launch.
I don't know if you can say actual here. Because if 343 isn't releasing the numbers it's unclear what the population is. Unless who ever makes this list has some sort of inside track that no one else has. Heck I could make a list and put MCC first on list for most played or highest population and how could any one really disprove it?
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5