Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

[Locked] Less than 14k players left on the MCC

OP BatmanDobbins

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 5
LethalQ wrote:
spartanC18 wrote:
man, i was expecting some actual evidence.

This is actual evidence, we know the numbers of BF4, we know it is ranked higher than Halo in terms of players, do the math.
It is pretty obvious why 343i did not release player count, the Halo community has been aggressive since Reach's existence on popularity drops and considering the bugs this game had (which were many, easy to spot and still in too large amount for a 4 month released AAA game) they didn't want to be reminded again of how much they failed again. Since Halo 3 no Halo game managed to pull off to grow exponentially way after launch.

I don't know if you can say actual here. Because if 343 isn't releasing the numbers it's unclear what the population is. Unless who ever makes this list has some sort of inside track that no one else has. Heck I could make a list and put MCC first on list for most played or highest population and how could any one really disprove it?
I think Microsoft can get numbers on how many people play a certain game on their own service......
spartanC18 wrote:
LethalQ wrote:
spartanC18 wrote:

This is actual evidence, we know the numbers of BF4, we know it is ranked higher than Halo in terms of players, do the math.
It is pretty obvious why 343i did not release player count, the Halo community has been aggressive since Reach's existence on popularity drops and considering the bugs this game had (which were many, easy to spot and still in too large amount for a 4 month released AAA game) they didn't want to be reminded again of how much they failed again. Since Halo 3 no Halo game managed to pull off to grow exponentially way after launch.

I don't know if you can say actual here. Because if 343 isn't releasing the numbers it's unclear what the population is. Unless who ever makes this list has some sort of inside track that no one else has. Heck I could make a list and put MCC first on list for most played or highest population and how could any one really disprove it?

I think Microsoft can get numbers on how many people play a certain game on their own service......
Is this list being made by Microsoft? Or by some one at battlefield?
LethalQ wrote:
spartanC18 wrote:
LethalQ wrote:
spartanC18 wrote:

We have a list of games by playerbase, provided to us by MS, on that list Halo stands lower than BF, BF has 14k players so we can conclude that Halo peaks at that number (14K).
GG 343. You gone done goof!
"Dragon age for ffs" Wtf is wrong with the master piece that is Dragon Age Inquisition? First all this community does is -Yoink- about CoD and Halo, and now they are -Yoinking!- about every other game out there? Wow this community is one of the most bitter/childish/immature communities out there.
SKWRLY wrote:
Soulburnin wrote:
VISSSSSS wrote:
Maybe MCC population constantly drops cause of the frustration and that players have just given up with this game?

Or classic Halo isn't as popular as people make it out to be.

I agree with this.
I'm pretty sure the issues are the reason... but nice try.
My buddies and I stopped playing because spending half the night trying to party up was not only annoying in itself, but when the match would eventually start with a team of 5 pros vs 4 scrubs, it was infuriating.
We're waiting for the rank fix (and Dubz) before we play again.

I'm sure many people won't return, but they probably left because of these issues.

Game was an insult to gamers.
LethalQ wrote:
spartanC18 wrote:

that's absolutely true man.
It was never intended to be more than a place holder for H5, and a driver of console sales. Unfortunate that it turned out to be even less than that, but how could it ever have been anything more than a nostalgia trip for us old-timers? I'm just patiently waiting for 5.

And keep up the youtube commentary. You're always entertaining, and you're also often right.
If you look at the Xbox Top Played Page, the MCC still can't break the top 10. It's getting beat out by Dragon Age Inquisition ffs. We don't have the exact numbers, but we know that following the release of Hardline, BF4 has still made spot #8 with only 14k players.

Source: http://bf4stats.com/

Presumably the MCC is around or under 10k at this point, meaning most playlists probably aren't breaking 1k total players.

What does this mean? For one thing, everyone should stop -Yoinking!- about 343 putting in ranks - they won't make much of a difference at this point. This means the frustrating amount of hopeless blowout matches and rage quitters is going to remain the status quo.

Secondly, paid dlc is no longer an option for this game. Any further playlist dilution by separating those who bought it and those who didn't would have adverse affects for both.
Thirdly, team snipers, team swat, team doubles will probably never have a permanent spot in the playlists.

I also think this might be why they opted not to include ODST firefight; as a firefight playlist would dilute multiplayer even further in a way that campaigns don't because they are a one and done type deal for most folks.

I'm the guy who started #saveMccFirst, and i noticed i got alot of hate on these forums for it. I realize i can be hypoerbolic and condescending sometimes and i'm sorry if that offended some of you....but surely i'm not the only one who is concerned that most of the playlists outside of team h2a, team slayer, and btb are going to be obsolete most times of the day before we even reach summer break?
More In depth analysis of the problem (beware my hyperbolic condescending attitude): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6NRPwOZgxs

So you end this with advertising your video? On your opinion?

I'd like to see a source for your information, please.

Just don't tell him if you're pre-ordering Halo 5.
-Yoink- i will idc what he says indid pre order halo 5 lmao
"Dragon age for ffs" Wtf is wrong with the master piece that is Dragon Age Inquisition? First all this community does is -Yoink- about CoD and Halo, and now they are -Yoinking!- about every other game out there? Wow this community is one of the most bitter/childish/immature communities out there.
This... so true
I know the population is pathetically low, but I can't seem to find any recent "top played" lists. Any links?
Funny thing is Halo 5 isn't much different from H4 from what we've seen so far. There's ranks and much better weapon balancing.

From this i wouldn't be surprised if H5 doesn't hold great numbers up either.

It has lost it's classic ragdoll cartoony style, top medals, possibly elites, fun customs, fileshare.

The skill gap reducing still around.

Not to mention other games being released. Paired with a sub standard next gen console, i don't hold any hope of anything Halo standing tall. The last of my favoured franchises to die.
spartanC18 wrote:
LethalQ wrote:
spartanC18 wrote:
LethalQ wrote:
spartanC18 wrote:

We have a list of games by playerbase, provided to us by MS, on that list Halo stands lower than BF, BF has 14k players so we can conclude that Halo peaks at that number (14K).
Where is the source that says the MS Store list is by player population? And do we know how often it's updated? Do we know whether it's an average over a period of time? Who or what can vouch for the accuracy of the numbers on "bf4stats.com" ? Why did I recently see MCC in both 8th and 9th place?
Lol at all the "prove it" people.

You ou can't prove it either way. All of the evidence points towards the population having been decimated though. Don't be delusional.
Soulburnin wrote:
VISSSSSS wrote:
Maybe MCC population constantly drops cause of the frustration and that players have just given up with this game?

Or classic Halo isn't as popular as people make it out to be.

Because the horrible rocky launch had nothing to do with it, right? Please stop
Big fan of your channel. Your videos are quite insightful, keep em coming! The haters are just shills or kids who don't know any better, don't concern yourself with them.
spartanC18 wrote:
LethalQ wrote:
spartanC18 wrote:
LethalQ wrote:
spartanC18 wrote:

Where is the source that says the MS Store list is by player population? And do we know how often it's updated? Do we know whether it's an average over a period of time? Who or what can vouch for the accuracy of the numbers on "bf4stats.com" ? Why did I recently see MCC in both 8th and 9th place?
Wouldn't that proof it is actually accurate and updated pretty daily, perhaps even hourly if MCC shifts?
We can already assume it is not by stars (as BF Hardline and Destiny have less stars on average than MCC), so popularity is certainly referring to UU over a certain time period (probably a daily one at that), still all things considering MCC is then still pretty tied/close to BF4 which I am sure has accurate stats on their site.
The fact remains MCC is struggling to stay in the top 10 in its fourth month against a game with 14k players, Reach was coming in third place and march was further away from its release than MCC.
I don't know how often its updated but if you go to the store on your xbox and you scroll over to most played the list there makes sense and is probably in the right order, I located it on the xbox website too for you to view but i'm not quite sure why there are two MCC's.

Most popular games on Xbox One, doesn't display numbers so your guess is as good as mine.
If you look at the Xbox Top Played Page, the MCC still can't break the top 10. It's getting beat out by Dragon Age Inquisition ffs. We don't have the exact numbers, but we know that following the release of Hardline, BF4 has still made spot #8 with only 14k players.

Source: http://bf4stats.com/

Presumably the MCC is around or under 10k at this point, meaning most playlists probably aren't breaking 1k total players.

What does this mean? For one thing, everyone should stop -Yoinking!- about 343 putting in ranks - they won't make much of a difference at this point. This means the frustrating amount of hopeless blowout matches and rage quitters is going to remain the status quo.

Secondly, paid dlc is no longer an option for this game. Any further playlist dilution by separating those who bought it and those who didn't would have adverse affects for both.
Thirdly, team snipers, team swat, team doubles will probably never have a permanent spot in the playlists.

I also think this might be why they opted not to include ODST firefight; as a firefight playlist would dilute multiplayer even further in a way that campaigns don't because they are a one and done type deal for most folks.

I'm the guy who started #saveMccFirst, and i noticed i got alot of hate on these forums for it. I realize i can be hypoerbolic and condescending sometimes and i'm sorry if that offended some of you....but surely i'm not the only one who is concerned that most of the playlists outside of team h2a, team slayer, and btb are going to be obsolete most times of the day before we even reach summer break?
More In depth analysis of the problem (beware my hyperbolic condescending attitude): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6NRPwOZgxs
Holy crap, are you "the" BatmanDobbins who makes extremely interesting commentaries on youtube about the state of games, for example MCC? If so, keep up the good work!

The main two reasons for the rapidly decaying population are the absence of ranks and the horrible launch of the game and how long it took to fix it.
If 343 don't implement ranks soon, the MCC is done even before H5 releases.
I'm playing the same people over and over. Its certainly not an healthy population. 14k sounds about right to me
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 5