Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

[Locked] Less than 14k players left on the MCC

OP BatmanDobbins

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. ...
  6. 5
DoGsAk1 wrote:
CHX H8 ME wrote:
DoGsAk1 wrote:

LMAO...

REACH consistently has MORE players online via the 360 than MCC has on the One.

TOO FUNNY !!!

It's funny, cause Reach is panned by a lot of OG Halo fans. I've got to believe that Reach maintains that population due to the fact that there is no Rotational playlist or junk of that nature. Reach has A TON of playlist, there is something for everyone!

Get your butt handed to you in Slayer, no worries go play a Infections Match. Your best mate just signed on, go run Doubles with them. Feel like Big Team Offense/Defense, go play some Invasion. It's as if 343 doesn't comprehend that MORE Playlist will equal Larger Population!

They say rotational playlist help control population, but in reality how many post new threads like "Where Did Swat & Snipers Go? I'm Done Till They Come Back." Seriously, if you're playing MCC and don't want to play Slayer, the only thing you can do is turn off MCC and play a different game. /rant

That's too bad (that its panned) cause to be quite honest, Reach is actually my favorite in the whole series.

I absolutely loved how customizable the armor was. I really liked the AA. The MP lists were all so great and the best thing I liked was how immersive the campaign felt. It was so lush, colorful, vibrant. The story was fantastic.

But many simply can't accept those facts and simply whine about AA messing it up when in reality the AA gave noobs a better ability and made it a bit more difficult for the hardcore fanatics.

Oh well, to each their own.I loved Reach and cannot wait for it to be brought to the One in an upgraded fashion.
If it wasn't for Bloom, it would've been a great game. I had lots of fun with it.
I prefer BR over DMR, but it didn't break it for me.
Soon as they even mentioned quit penalties I vanished. Not gonna be forced to play out games in a broken skill ranking system, or in unbalanced teams, or with randoms that suck... They tried to sell quit penalties as a fix!! -Yoink- that, what a slap in the face. Because more restrictions is how you stave off the little remaining population from continuing to fall, yeah riiiiight. Have fun with that you guys that still play it...
It's on the top ten most played right now.
Ranks still mean a huge deal. Most of my friends that stopped playing Halo said that they will come play with me when ranks are back so it will have an impact on the population.
It's #8 and #9 right now.....
Trump Taco wrote:
Ranks still mean a huge deal. Most of my friends that stopped playing Halo said that they will come play with me when ranks are back so it will have an impact on the population.
it's not a huge deal, it will bring back "some" of the population but I don't think it will be enough to fix the bulk of the population.
Soon as they even mentioned quit penalties I vanished. Not gonna be forced to play out games in a broken skill ranking system, or in unbalanced teams, or with randoms that suck... They tried to sell quit penalties as a fix!! -Yoink- that, what a slap in the face. Because more restrictions is how you stave off the little remaining population from continuing to fall, yeah riiiiight. Have fun with that you guys that still play it...

Let's see how long it stays there once quit penalties are applied... Probably will drop out, never to return

Let's see how long it stays there once quit penalties are applied... Probably will drop out, never to return
But we won't know the real numbers so it won't matter.. we know to whom lol...
Not trying to defend the game about numbers but you have to take into account URF mode is back for LoL for at least a few weeks. So.... Yea, that wins over this broken game anyday.
If you look at the Xbox Top Played Page, the MCC still can't break the top 10. It's getting beat out by Dragon Age Inquisition ffs. We don't have the exact numbers, but we know that following the release of Hardline, BF4 has still made spot #8 with only 14k players.

Source: http://bf4stats.com/

Presumably the MCC is around or under 10k at this point, meaning most playlists probably aren't breaking 1k total players.

What does this mean? For one thing, everyone should stop -Yoinking!- about 343 putting in ranks - they won't make much of a difference at this point. This means the frustrating amount of hopeless blowout matches and rage quitters is going to remain the status quo.

Secondly, paid dlc is no longer an option for this game. Any further playlist dilution by separating those who bought it and those who didn't would have adverse affects for both.
Thirdly, team snipers, team swat, team doubles will probably never have a permanent spot in the playlists.

I also think this might be why they opted not to include ODST firefight; as a firefight playlist would dilute multiplayer even further in a way that campaigns don't because they are a one and done type deal for most folks.

I'm the guy who started #saveMccFirst, and i noticed i got alot of hate on these forums for it. I realize i can be hypoerbolic and condescending sometimes and i'm sorry if that offended some of you....but surely i'm not the only one who is concerned that most of the playlists outside of team h2a, team slayer, and btb are going to be obsolete most times of the day before we even reach summer break?
More In depth analysis of the problem (beware my hyperbolic condescending attitude): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6NRPwOZgxs
I think the people buying the game aren't man enough tbh you should of taken it even further if this was the 1700s we would of killed 343i for this. I don't believe in don't judge me people who don't accept constructive criticism never grow.
Trump Taco wrote:
it's not a huge deal, it will bring back "some" of the population but I don't think it will be enough to fix the bulk of the population.
He's not just talking about mcc. People want a ranked halo and will come back to halo as a game with ranks. ranks being added to the mcc won't do much bcs no ones on it
It's getting beat out by Dragon Age Inquisition ffs.
Oh come on, what's that supposed to mean?
To be honest it's not too bad, don't get me wrong, I'm not defending the MCC or 343i for the mess, but, let's be honest, the on line is dodgy, they are old, dated and slow games compared to BF 4, BF Hardline, COD and so on, apart from Halo 2 Anniversary there are no ranks, the dedicated servers do not seem to be there much and the list goes on, considering all the problems, if the game is getting say 10,000, is that really bad ?
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. ...
  6. 5