Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

Let's add Join in Progress to Social Matchmaking

OP zvenom91

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
I think a JIP Toggle would be the way to go. Maybe as an incentive a JIP gets the same base XP as full game (once and if XP is implemented). This of course would become a way for people to XP boost, but would also fill up teams so win win?
Yes lets also hold 343 accountable for the amount of AFK players so you don't have people squatting around just gaining XP. You sit AFK for first 3 mins you are hear by booted at the custom 5 mins a piece ban and strikes against you, and me hoping on at 5:30PM gets your spot. This is the win win situation we desperately need. Thank you for bringing up valid points
JIP is a horrible addition to Halo 5 and the only way it should ever be implemented in another Halo game is if people can opt out of it
WZ JIP is the worst, but attribute that as a problem for WZ, not JIP. In 4v4 and 8v8 I'm fine with the occasional crappy JIP match, but for the most part the game still feels pretty even. I never realized how much I enjoyed JIP until I played a match of CE BTB and the game dropped to about 7 players with slayer on sidewinder. An Opt-In option would be nice, and rewarding JIP players with extra XP seems like a fair incentive.
I definitely agree with a JIP system for social modes. I loved that option in Halo 4 on the 360. Yes, sometimes you join a game that isn’t fun but many times you join a match that’s even. People quit fur all kinds of reasons. I also agree with the people saying there should be an auto boot for AFK players. It’s strange that many other games including Halo 5 boot AFK players but not the MCC. Instead we get booted for not touching our controllers when waiting in the match making lobby🙄.
I definitely agree with a JIP system for social modes. I loved that option in Halo 4 on the 360. Yes, sometimes you join a game that isn’t fun but many times you join a match that’s even. People quit fur all kinds of reasons. I also agree with the people saying there should be an auto boot for AFK players. It’s strange that many other games including Halo 5 boot AFK players but not the MCC. Instead we get booted for not touching our controllers when waiting in the match making lobby🙄.
I totally agree Halo 5 boots players in the same matter that Halo MCC should already do, Join in Progress being added will increase the chances that they will. Halo 4 on the 360 is the perfect way of adding players because it won't add you into a game past halfway, they just need to adapt the code for it. I hope someone from 343 will see this post
zvenom91 wrote:
I totally agree Halo 5 boots players in the same matter that Halo MCC should already do, Join in Progress being added will increase the chances that they will. Halo 4 on the 360 is the perfect way of adding players because it won't add you into a game past halfway, they just need to adapt the code for it. I hope someone from 343 will see this post
Yes, Halo 4 had a good JIP system. I didn’t mind joining a game that already started. Usually I would join a game that just started. Halo 4 is the Halo I’m the best at and I would consider it a challenge when I joined a losing team. My attitude when joining a team that is losing bad is “now that I’m here we’ll make a come back”. I figured that a team that is losing needs all the help they can get.
Not a fan of jip. Every game it’s in it’s the same you are 99% of the time put on the losing team, no thanks I don’t want to get thrown into a game where there is no hope.
Bobross343 wrote:
Not a fan of jip. Every game it’s in it’s the same you are 99% of the time put on the losing team, no thanks I don’t want to get thrown into a game where there is no hope.
you're probably the guy that goes down 10 kills at the start of TS and quits, huh? JIP in theory would replace those people with people that actually enjoy the challenge. read the thread and realise even if you don't like JIP there might be a compromise (opt in or out of Join-in-progress) instead of trying to shut the idea down with (twisted) logic. shaking my head
I think a well balanced JIP system with strict quality parameters would be great. Make it an optional feature, and everyone's happy.

Also, please add an AFK boot system. This is vital with the new XP system coming out. Without it, people will AFK-farm XP for days.
Darth5shot wrote:
I think a well balanced JIP system with strict quality parameters would be great. Make it an optional feature, and everyone's happy.

Also, please add an AFK boot system. This is vital with the new XP system coming out. Without it, people will ADK-farm XP for days.
Yes lets have the option to boot those AFK players, let a JIP player replace them and make the game fair. Though we need this to really be the way forward and it needs to be for the better
We need auto AFK booting first.
Wait wrote:
Bobross343 wrote:
you're probably the guy that goes down 10 kills at the start of TS and quits, huh? JIP in theory would replace those people with people that actually enjoy the challenge. read the thread and realise even if you don't like JIP there might be a compromise (opt in or out of Join-in-progress) instead of trying to shut the idea down with (twisted) logic. shaking my head
Nope I just don’t want to get put into half finished games where you are being spawn trapped. I do leave JIP games in cod though when I get on the team that’s 2100 points vs 5200 in tdm and everyone’s going negative. Gonna nope o of that lobby. I like fresh games not lost causes
Bobross343 wrote:
Wait wrote:
Bobross343 wrote:
Nope I just don’t want to get put into half finished games where you are being spawn trapped. I do leave JIP games in cod though when I get on the team that’s 2100 points vs 5200 in tdm and everyone’s going negative. Gonna nope o of that lobby. I like fresh games not lost causes
How about a toggle option like a few people have mentioned? Toggle if you want to include JIP game in the search. Maybe 343 could implement a system where if you lose a JIP game, it’s not counted against your stats but if you win it is counted.
Bobross343 wrote:
Wait wrote:
Bobross343 wrote:
How about a toggle option like a few people have mentioned? Toggle if you want to include JIP game in the search. Maybe 343 could implement a system where if you lose a JIP game, it’s not counted against your stats but if you win it is counted.
That’s a good middle ground. Idk why people would opt into JIP though :/
Bobross343 wrote:
Bobross343 wrote:
Wait wrote:
Bobross343 wrote:
I would probably opt in most of the time. Maybe you want to join a BTB Halo CE match but not many people are in that search. Chooses JIP and your options are increased.
Bobross343 wrote:
Bobross343 wrote:
Wait wrote:
Bobross343 wrote:
I would probably opt in most of the time. Maybe you want to join a BTB Halo CE match but not many people are in that search. Chooses JIP and your options are increased.
Na CE and 2 are filled with quitters. I don’t want to get I to a match that’s super lopsided and is a waste of time. Rather wait and get a fresh one
Bobross343 wrote:
Bobross343 wrote:
Bobross343 wrote:
Wait wrote:
Bobross343 wrote:
Na CE and 2 are filled with quitters. I don’t want to get I to a match that’s super lopsided and is a waste of time. Rather wait and get a fresh one
Sometimes it’s impossible to find a match of BTB in CE. I would rather have the option to join a game. Even if it’s to join a losing team, at least I get to play on some epic maps. I’m definitely for a JIP option. Just add a toggle option and everyone is happy.

BTW, I literally just joined a match of Halo 5 and the game was tied 15 to 15. JIP isn’t always lopsided. If we combined a JIP with an auto boot, many people will just fill in places where people were AFK. That doesn’t mean that people quit because the match was going bad.
So through the last few days of searching in Big Team Battle on Halo MCC, there are multiple people are both sides that quit out through multiple games still. People aren't worried about 5 min bans because they want to be in games where the goal is for the game to remain fair so we are desperately needing Join In Progress. You may ask why
? and my response is well less people will quit overall because you will have trolls still since I booted out a troll just the other night who was betraying me and my teammates on Sandtrap, but if Join In Progress was a thing he would have gotten replaced in mere seconds. Overall less will quit out because in their minds they will have the confidence that 343 will actively find a replacement to even out the odds, there is zero reason to why we shouldn't push this on 343 and have them respond to the community and threads on a weekly basis. Lets change the landscape of Online Gaming!
zvenom91 wrote:
So through the last few days of searching in Big Team Battle on Halo MCC, there are multiple people are both sides that quit out through multiple games still. People aren't worried about 5 min bans because they want to be in games where the goal is for the game to remain fair so we are desperately needing Join In Progress. You may ask why
? and my response is well less people will quit overall because you will have trolls still since I booted out a troll just the other night who was betraying me and my teammates on Sandtrap, but if Join In Progress was a thing he would have gotten replaced in mere seconds. Overall less will quit out because in their minds they will have the confidence that 343 will actively find a replacement to even out the odds, there is zero reason to why we shouldn't push this on 343 and have them respond to the community and threads on a weekly basis. Lets change the landscape of Online Gaming!
There has to be a threshold for JIP. If it’s too far in one direction than it’s a free loss for the dude who joined the game halfway thinking he had a fresh game with a fair chance to win. One or 2 guys can’t carry a bunch of randoms and there has to be some real incentives like double xp for joining a JIP game or triple xp. It’s not fun to be dropped into a game where your team is getting spawn trapped.
OK so if there is one blunder it's 343 adding a game mode like Rocket Race where if your teammate quits, you are essentially a sitting duck. There is hope only if JIP is added in to a game mode like this which really makes me scratch my head that it's not a feature for this. In Halo Reach Rocket Hog Race you almost didn't need teammates because you as the driver just had to hit the checkmark but in Halo 3 you are driving the VIP and if your teammate quits, you are the VIP so your stuck. Now if by some means they hire a skilled programmer that makes the driver the VIP then it's not so bad. Basically so 343 can't continue with blunders like this we are so in desperate need for a JIP, so I'm asking you the Community to drive this steak into the ground and stand firm on this. Thanks
So now as of late there are multiple people quitting out of Matchmade games in Halo MCC and making more and more games unplayable, yes I know people quitting will result in them having a 5 min ban but I think that them getting banned is not enough of a threat. You ask how can re resolve this? lets not worry about 5 min bans and lets add in Join In progress so that if your teammate leaves you now have a chance to not be completely out of luck in games online, I mean you can join Custom Games in older Halo games so why not add it to Halo MCC Matchmaking as well? If the policy is I get a 5 min ban for leaving, then reward my teammates a new teammate so now I'm the only one out and not my team. This needs to be the way forward
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3