Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection

Let's not bring Diamondback to Halo 3

OP Blast9867

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Hey there. So as more Halo Online maps are coming to Halo 3, I really don't think it's a good idea to bring Diamondback to Halo 3 because there already exists a map within Halo 3 that uses the exact same layout (Avalanche) and I don't expect more than one map with the duplicate design to appear in the same game. So because of that, Diamondback shouldn't be in Halo 3. Instead, it could either go into Halo: Reach, Halo 4, or perhaps maybe be one of the multiplayer maps that's playable at launch or in a DLC in Halo Infinite. Yeah I know Diamondback looks different from Avalanche in terms of location and environment but it has a duplicate layout of Avalanche. So please no Diamondback in Halo 3. All the other original maps of Halo Online are welcome into Halo 3 and Dry Dock is also welcome as well.
Reactor should get added next, Skybridge and Drydock after.
I disagree.
I’ve begun to dislike Avalanche a lot as of recent - I’ve had some good matches on it but I feel like the entire map is just 2 giant chokepoints and more often than not teams end up in a stalemate.

I wouldn’t mind Diamnondback coming to Halo 3 if they actually changed it to make it flow better - though I find that to be a very unlikely scenario.
Omega399 wrote:
Reactor should get added next, Skybridge and Drydock after.
Agreed
I personally think Halo 3 shouldn’t get any more maps or content until they fix the issues its bringing with hit reg and crashing
Blast9867 wrote:
Hey there. So as more Halo Online maps are coming to Halo 3, I really don't think it's a good idea to bring Diamondback to Halo 3 because there already exists a map within Halo 3 that uses the exact same layout (Avalanche) and I don't expect more than one map with the duplicate design to appear in the same game. So because of that, Diamondback shouldn't be in Halo 3. Instead, it could either go into Halo: Reach, Halo 4, or perhaps maybe be one of the multiplayer maps that's playable at launch or in a DLC in Halo Infinite. Yeah I know Diamondback looks different from Avalanche in terms of location and environment but it has a duplicate layout of Avalanche. So please no Diamondback in Halo 3. All the other original maps of Halo Online are welcome into Halo 3 and Dry Dock is also welcome as well.
Yeah I'd rather see it come to 4 or Reach, maybe even 2 Anniversary.
But I honestly wouldn't mind if it were made a forge map for Halo 3 if we ever get another forge update...
Sorry but why not? Just because one Halo game will (hopefully) get two versions of the same map, doesn't mean that is a bad thing. I don't mind seeing the rest of the Halo Online maps ported into Halo 3, lets let that continue!
Sorry but why not? Just because one Halo game will (hopefully) get two versions of the same map, doesn't mean that is a bad thing. I don't mind seeing the rest of the Halo Online maps ported into Halo 3, lets let that continue!
Because it’s a waste of time and resources for something that we already have. It would reduce map variety in BTB as it doubles avalanche’s chances of popping up. Diamondback would do better in another title like Reach, H4, or H2A. Halo games don’t include remakes of their own maps that’s ridiculous.
Remember all the hate 343 received over the whole remixed map thing in Halo 5? I have to wonder where exactly the line is drawn when it comes to having two very similar maps (aesthetics and layout) in the same game.
Because it’s a waste of time and resources for something that we already have. It would reduce map variety in BTB as it doubles avalanche’s chances of popping up. Diamondback would do better in another title like Reach, H4, or H2A. Halo games don’t include remakes of their own maps that’s ridiculous.
Yeah maybe in theory, but problem is that the art style wouldn't work in anything other than Halo 3 actually. And also the geometry in certain parts of the map (overall its similar) is a bit different also and feels different from avalanche (like the bases being a bit different, its not 1:1 with avalanche). One thing Diamondback has hornets like in Halo 3 just like the avalanche map and brute choppers, no other halo game has this except for H2A which also has hornets but no brute choppers.
Yeah maybe in theory, but problem is that the art style wouldn't work in anything other than Halo 3 actually. And also the geometry in certain parts of the map (overall its similar) is a bit different also and feels different from avalanche (like the bases being a bit different, its not 1:1 with avalanche). One thing Diamondback has hornets like in Halo 3 just like the avalanche map and brute choppers, no other halo game has this except for H2A which also has hornets but no brute choppers.
The artstyle fits Halo reach the most considering it’s using a number of Reach assets for the terrain and skybox. The giant rock spires in the sky were pulled straight out of the Tip of the Spear. Compare the Reach firefight map unearthed with Diamondback and it’s clear that there is more Reach in the artstyle than Halo 3. The vehicles and weapon sets can be easily replaced with equivalent sets in whatever game they decide to port it into. Chopper can be replaced with a ghost or revenant, hornets with a falcon, hornet, or banshee. Even if the geometry is slightly different, it’s not enough to warrant its own map in Halo 3.
The artstyle fits Halo reach the most considering it’s using a number of Reach assets for the terrain and skybox. The giant rock spires in the sky were pulled straight out of the Tip of the Spear. Compare the Reach firefight map unearthed with Diamondback and it’s clear that there is more Reach in the artstyle than Halo 3. The vehicles and weapon sets can be easily replaced with equivalent sets in whatever game they decide to port it into. Chopper can be replaced with a ghost or revenant, hornets with a falcon, hornet, or banshee. Even if the geometry is slightly different, it’s not enough to warrant its own map in Halo 3.
I wouldn't argue if Halo Online's Chopper came to 4 or Reach alongside it...
I tend to agree and think that it should be added to H2:A if possible.
I never actually played HALO Online so out of curiosity are there any screenshots of all the maps in that game? I'd like to see them.
TheDonCJG wrote:
I’ve begun to dislike Avalanche a lot as of recent - I’ve had some good matches on it but I feel like the entire map is just 2 giant chokepoints and more often than not teams end up in a stalemate.

I wouldn’t mind Diamnondback coming to Halo 3 if they actually changed it to make it flow better - though I find that to be a very unlikely scenario.
Funny that. I was listening to an old Bungie podcast recently and they talked about playtesting Avalanche, and the concerns about it being stalemates. They just kinda shrugged it off, though.
TheDonCJG wrote:

Funny that. I was listening to an old Bungie podcast recently and they talked about playtesting Avalanche, and the concerns about it being stalemates. They just kinda shrugged it off, though.
Oh wow really haha.
There can definitely be some fun matches there but yeah the stalemate scenario is way higher in most cases.
The parts of the layout of Diamondback still isn’t a lot different from Avalanche. For the most part, the layout of both maps are exactly the same.
So we have to make sure that Diamondback is in a different game and NOT Halo 3.
If they engineered a way to have the game treat it as a variant of Avalanche rather than a separate map it would be okay. Whenever matchmaking chose Avalanche, it could sometime load Diamondback instead. That would be kind of fun.

That is a frivolous, fanciful feature, however, not something that should be focused on while there are other problems with the game. At the very least I think people would prefer time spent adding novel maps rather than variants to existing ones.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2