Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection

Let us play as Elites in Reach Firefight.

OP Aurik Kal Durin

Outside of Invasion, you seldom get to play as an Elite in Halo: Reach. Adding the option to use your preferred species in Firefight instead of just Spartans would be a good way to remedy that problem, and it wouldn't be that hard to implement; playable Elites are already implemented in Firefight through Versus mode (which nobody plays) so it would be a simple matter of having the Elites spawn on the same team as the Spartans.

EDIT: Apparently some people are only reading the title before replying because this is the internet, so let me make it absolutely clear what I'm suggesting... I want Elites to be playable on the same team as the Spartans, fighting against the Covenant in Custom Firefight, not matchmaking.
akchuly, that wouldnt be lore friendly
As much as I'd like that, wouldn't really make much sense. They need to allow elites to be in more reach modes, not just ar koth :( the huge -Yoink- models makes up for the health regeneration
I think you can. I was playing a private cross-play multiplayer fire fight, and my friend on PC spawned in as an elite, and i had to kill em.
I think you can. I was playing a private cross-play multiplayer fire fight, and my friend on PC spawned in as an elite, and i had to kill em.
Yeah, that was custom firefight and you can switch to blue team to be an elite (or play firefight vs). This op is wanting to play as an elite in matchmaking firefight
Yeah, that was custom firefight and you can switch to blue team to be an elite (or play firefight vs). This op is wanting to play as an elite in matchmaking firefight
oh I got it.
Noseos wrote:
Who cares?
It's already possible to play as an Elite in Halo Reach Firefight if you change the team from red to blue. However, this has the side effect that all of the covies are friendly towards the player if you don't betrayal too many of them.
Actually, I just want to play as an Elite in single-player Custom Firefight on the Spartan's team... I don't play Firefight matchmaking. As for the Versus mode, I'm well aware of it. It's virtually non-existent since no one plays it, and it's not even fun since all you can do is kill the Spartans until they run out of lives.
Noseos wrote:
At least at the old game mode what was Spartans vs elites in firefight. Make 4 Spartans and two elites because elites would have NPCs to help them.

Like do we need firefight doubles? Who wants to play that with a random just play custom.
X19Doug95 wrote:
Noseos wrote:
At least at the old game mode what was Spartans vs elites in firefight. Make 4 Spartans and two elites because elites would have NPCs to help them.

Like do we need firefight doubles? Who wants to play that with a random just play custom.
Firefight Doubles is nice when you have someone to play with like a friend, sibling, or spouse, and don't want anybody else in the game.
X19Doug95 wrote:
Noseos wrote:

Firefight Doubles is nice when you have someone to play with like a friend, sibling, or spouse, and don't want anybody else in the game.
Just play custom than why do you need to have matchmaking?
X19Doug95 wrote:
X19Doug95 wrote:
Noseos wrote:

Well... getting XP from matches is nice.
X19Doug95 wrote:
X19Doug95 wrote:
Noseos wrote:

Well... getting XP from matches is nice.
I guess but you could say the same about firefight VS