1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
I can't be the only one who's noticed that leveling up gets rather slow the second you hit the high teens. Does the XP grow with the tiers or is it static? If it's static then it's gonna suck when you get higher levels.
It does not appear to grow with the tiers. I could be wrong though.
Lord Vipes wrote:
It does not appear to grow with the tiers. I could be wrong though.
Well that's gonna -Yoinking!- suck then
If it's anything like the XP progression in the OG Reach, it should level out at some point. If I remember correctly, there was a noteable grind to the Warrant Officer rank (or something close to that), after which things became more tolerable...until you get close to the final ranks. But yeah, reaching (heh) tier 100 is going to be a grind.
I believe 343 have intentions to add challenges (daily and weekly) like OG reach so you can get extra tier points. No idea when or if it's going to come out though, hopefully with the next patch/update.
If it's anything like the XP progression in the OG Reach, it should level out at some point. If I remember correctly, there was a noteable grind to the Warrant Officer rank (or something close to that), after which things became more tolerable...until you get close to the final ranks. But yeah, reaching (heh) tier 100 is going to be a grind.
Well I'm at Tier 19 rn working on 20 and I've been earning the same XP as I did when I was Tier 1.
Well I'm at Tier 19 rn working on 20 and I've been earning the same XP as I did when I was Tier 1.
Oh sorry, what I was talking about was the XP required to level up. The XP gain will stay the mostly the same. Pity we don't have daily/weekly challanges to help with leveling up. Also bring back Custom Firefight progressing, Frankie. Do it for the Gruntpocalipse.
The XP required to level up does indeed get higher each time.
Am I to understand, the only way to rank up is to play Multiplayer? That's not how the original game was set up. VERY disappointed!
I get an acheivement for finishing a campaign mission but get no rank up points?
This has got to be a mistake.
Please correct me if I'm wrong. I really hope I'm wrong
raveun2me wrote:
Am I to understand, the only way to rank up is to play Multiplayer? That's not how the original game was set up. VERY disappointed!
I get an acheivement for finishing a campaign mission but get no rank up points?
Matchmaking multiplayer and matchmaking Firefight allows you to earn xp.
Does playing Grifball drastically increase the amount of XP you earn? Seeing as how multi-kill medals grant XP.
Does playing Grifball drastically increase the amount of XP you earn? Seeing as how multi-kill medals grant XP.
It may if you're playing well enough, but that of course counts for most game modes. But I did find that playing grifball tends to get you to the max amount of teamwork and performance exp easier compared to other game modes.
Since the performance is capped to 8k per game and the teamwork to 4k, it may be beneficial to play grifball if you want to level up in the fastest way possible.
That's just my own finding though, may vary I guess.
Karl Noten wrote:
It may if you're playing well enough, but that of course counts for most game modes. But I did find that playing grifball tends to get you to the max amount of teamwork and performance exp easier compared to other game modes.
Since the performance is capped to 8k per game and the teamwork to 4k, it may be beneficial to play grifball if you want to level up in the fastest way possible.
Teamwork can get up to 8k my dude.
That would kind of defeat the purpose if you got more XP when you reach a higher rank.
Karl Noten wrote:
Yeah I came close to reaching the cap last night at about 7,000 XP earned. Grifball is without question the fastest way to level up so far. I even tried 8v8 on any game, ended up on Spire, and by game's end only got about 5,000.
As said before I think they want to do daily and weekly challenges which will make things easier. I was hoping they would come with the update, but I guess waiting a bit longer won't be too bad.
Ki11s0n3 wrote:
As said before I think they want to do daily and weekly challenges which will make things easier. I was hoping they would come with the update, but I guess waiting a bit longer won't be too bad.
I really hope they implement it before the season ends, I wanna get my Reach armor back fully
raveun2me wrote:
They wanted to ensure only matchmaking yielded XP, for cheating reasons. MM is on dedicated servers. Otherwise it might be possible to mod/cheat into XP.
How long does it take you guys to rank up? I got a good 15 tiers yesterday by playing about 3.5 hours of invasion, wondering if anyone has better methods for ranking up.
Ki11s0n3 wrote:
I really hope they implement it before the season ends, I wanna get my Reach armor back fully
I'm pretty sure even after the season ends you can still unlock stuff.
<p></p>
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2