1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Lucy RT22 wrote:
I believe 343 have intentions to add challenges (daily and weekly) like OG reach so you can get extra tier points. No idea when or if it's going to come out though, hopefully with the next patch/update.
where did you hear this? would love it if they do this.
Lucy RT22 wrote:
I believe 343 have intentions to add challenges (daily and weekly) like OG reach so you can get extra tier points. No idea when or if it's going to come out though, hopefully with the next patch/update.
On YouTube, heard some YouTubers talking about challenges, if I can find the video I'll let you know. But just take a look around online.
Lucy RT22 wrote:
iirc they said when someone reaches Tier 100, they release challenges
If it's anything like the XP progression in the OG Reach, it should level out at some point. If I remember correctly, there was a noteable grind to the Warrant Officer rank (or something close to that), after which things became more tolerable...until you get close to the final ranks. But yeah, reaching (heh) tier 100 is going to be a grind.
Well I'm at Tier 19 rn working on 20 and I've been earning the same XP as I did when I was Tier 1.
I’d like to clarify this.

Are you saying going from like level 4-5 in Tier 19 is the same amount as level 4-5 in Tier 20?
AshamanND wrote:
raveun2me wrote:
Am I to understand, the only way to rank up is to play Multiplayer? That's not how the original game was set up. VERY disappointed!
I get an acheivement for finishing a campaign mission but get no rank up points?
This has got to be a mistake.
Please correct me if I'm wrong. I really hope I'm wrong
They wanted to ensure only matchmaking yielded XP, for cheating reasons. MM is on dedicated servers. Otherwise it might be possible to mod/cheat into XP.
So.... Those of us that really don't play MM are unable to unlock all the armor? Seems unfair to me. How long will MCC be able to hold a MM population? I played grif last week. Every match was against pretty much the same people. Whats the point in playing if I can't unlock the armor by playing campaign or other things besides MM?
Lucy RT22 wrote:
I know it's a small thing, but it's stuff like this that's exciting and promotes continued engagement. Really hope they do this
AshamanND wrote:
raveun2me wrote:
Am I to understand, the only way to rank up is to play Multiplayer? That's not how the original game was set up. VERY disappointed!
I get an acheivement for finishing a campaign mission but get no rank up points?
They wanted to ensure only matchmaking yielded XP, for cheating reasons. MM is on dedicated servers. Otherwise it might be possible to mod/cheat into XP.
Very true, in the old reach people cheated with campaign challenges.
raveun2me wrote:
AshamanND wrote:
raveun2me wrote:
So.... Those of us that really don't play MM are unable to unlock all the armor? Seems unfair to me. How long will MCC be able to hold a MM population? I played grif last week. Every match was against pretty much the same people. Whats the point in playing if I can't unlock the armor by playing campaign or other things besides MM?
It also sounds like they are going to be adding challenges into the game at some point- so maybe they'll figure out a way to do something campaign wise that isn't cheat-able.
AshamanND wrote:
raveun2me wrote:
AshamanND wrote:
raveun2me wrote:
It also sounds like they are going to be adding challenges into the game at some point- so maybe they'll figure out a way to do something campaign wise that isn't cheat-able.
PERFECT.... That would be AWESOME. Thank You
Oh people are cheating in MM, on Grifball at least. There are two big problems I'm seeing: bots/rubber-banded controllers, and people actively preventing the game from progressing. It's become a community of hackneyed performance artists teaming up across teams and preventing anyone from scoring, just timing out the matches and spawn-killing anyone who isn't in on the joke. That's fine if you want to do it privately, idc, but it absolutely sucks when it's forced on you.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2