Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

[Locked] List of MCC Glitches and Problems 2016 (READ!)

OP Depluralize

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 7
List of MCC Glitches and Problems 2016
(Updated 8-Dec-2016)

General:
  • There is an audio problem where all audio is lost for headset users. This problem can occur in matchmade multiplayer as well as local custom games. See here and here for additional posts. This problem really needs to be fixed; it is a significant disruption and it is severely irritating to deal with while playing a match in competitive multiplayer.
  • Unconfirmed: I have heard that the projectile travel speeds on Halo: CE and Halo 3 may be incorrect for some or all weapons. From personal experience, it seems that the MCC H3 BR requires more leading than the original H3 BR. I recommend investigating.
  • There have been broad complaints about the multiplayer hit detection across many of the titles in the MCC.
  • It is still impossible to save entire Theater film files from any game in the MCC.
  • It is still not possible to adjust the master volume for each individual title on the MCC.
  • It is also still not possible to alter the volume of the menu music in game; the menu music is still obnoxiously loud.
  • It is still not possible to switch teams in a custom game.
  • It is still not possible to join a custom game in progress.
  • In Halo 3 (and possibly 4?), the viewport will sometimes be set incorrectly small or nonexistent. See here and here for additional posts. This problem may have been resolved by a system update, as I haven't encountered it in a while. Has anyone encountered this problem recently? If so, what game title was it (Halo:CE? Halo 2: Classic? Halo 3? Halo 4? Halo 2: Anniversary?)?
General multiplayer:
  • Host migration remains nonfunctional for Halo 2 and Halo 3. Unless I am mistaken, it is also nonfunctional in Halo: CE.
  • Lobby rosters still have no form of party indicators.
  • Certain game modes and map variants present in the original Halo 3 are missing from matchmaking. For example, BTB Heavy options and certain Sandbox maps are missing from matchmaking despite being present on the original. The problem of missing game mode variants is also true for Halo 2, unless I am very badly mistaken.
  • Proximity Chat does not work.
  • Sometimes, medals that a player has earned are not awarded in the post-game medals list. I have noticed this problem for medals that were not present in the original medalset on the title; as examples, this would include Steaktacular and Triple-Double medals for Halo: CE, Halo 2, and Halo 3.
  • Other times, medals that were not in the original medalset are awarded properly in the post-game medals list, but are not counted in the career medal chest.
  • In some multiplayer titles such as Halo 3 and Halo 2: Anniversary, it is possible to see mic indicators for members of the enemy team, although their team audio is not audible.
Halo 3 general:
  • Halo 3 Theater films still sometimes crash at the time that the match outcome is decided (which team wins and which team loses), rather than continuing until the proper end of the match.
Halo 3 multiplayer:
  • Multiplayer is still largely in its launch-day state; it needs to fully updated to its final state. As an example, the double reload problem remains in the MCC version of H3, but it has been patched on the original H3.
  • It is still not possible for a player to customize their in-game emblem for match-made multiplayer; players are still simply assigned default emblems based on team color.
  • Energy sword lunges, even jumping energy sword lunges, sometimes fail to register for no discernible reason. Update: This problem is actually more broad. Melee lunges and melee attacks sometimes fail to register for no discernible reason (no significant lag, etc.).
Halo 2 campaign:
  • Enemies and allies still cannot dual wield properly.
  • Enemy Wraiths on the level “The Great Journey” spawn in upside-down, leaving their Brute drivers standing around aimlessly.
  • The Phantom dropship on the level Regret that is supposed to drop off a pair of Hunters still sometimes simply disappears in the air before it can even reach its drop-off area.
  • Classic graphical mode: The lights on the armor/harnesses of the Elites and the Grunts can be seen through certain opaque surfaces. As an example, this problem is noticeable on the level "Regret," where these lights can be seen through the walls of the gondolas.
  • The Bandanna skull has no effect on battery weapons, such as Plasma Rifles, Plasma Pistols, and Beam Rifles. The Bandanna skull should grant infinite ammo; however, weapons with battery charges will still lose charge and get depleted regardless of whether the Bandanna skull is active.
Halo 2 Classic multiplayer:
  • The spawn system seems to still be using the flawed Vista version, rather than the intended original version.
  • It is still not possible for a player to customize their emblem. Only the emblem colors can be changed; the design cannot be changed.
Halo: CE:
  • Combat Evolved is currently using the Anniversary sound effects, not the Original sound effects, both in multiplayer and in ‘Original’ mode in campaign. CE should be using the Original sound effects in ‘Original’ campaign mode and in multiplayer. This problem DESERVES to be fixed.
  • Cut-scenes animations seem to have some syncing issues. As an example, Flood goop flies out of Keyes’s implants before the Master Chief shakes them on the level “Keyes.”
  • On the multiplayer map Death Island, there is a flickering white line where the ocean meets the sky on the horizon. This could be a problem with the skybox.
  • There is a game-breaking multiplayer glitch in which the player loads in but cannot control their character. It is described later in this thread.
Halo: CE / General UI:
  • Sprees and other report statistics are incorrect on the post-match carnage report after Combat Evolved matches.
Halo 4:
  • Game sounds often cut out or completely cease to play while in game (weapon, ability sounds, etc.).
Halo 4 campaign:
  • During the final boss quicktime event fight on the level "Midnight", the text prompt says "Use RT to fire machine gun"; it should say "Use LT to plant grenade".
For more glitches and problems in Halo: Combat Evolved on the MCC, please visit:
http://www.halobugs.com/
(Note: The above list may be somewhat outdated.)

For more details from some partially-outdated glitch lists, please see:
https://www.reddit.com/r/halo/comments/3hxihf/the_master_chief_collection_buglist/
https://www.reddit.com/r/halo/comments/3d9ypg/still_frustrated_about_the_state_of_mcc_so_am_i/
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/85d779d52cfd46918b4f8b638f2e3c7b/topics/mcc-community-bug-list-updated-9-7-15/f6493eeb-e892-4523-88f5-cf5883bb2276/posts

Finally, it is worthwhile to mention that the problems with achievements not unlocking or progress resetting remain unresolved. While there is an official thread for this problem, no progress has been made public in any form.

Note: I have not mentioned any criticisms of the playlist structure or matchmaking parameter settings, either in ranked or unranked. I’m not saying that these problems aren’t relevant, but I wanted this post to be focused on problems with relatively clear, straightforward solutions.

If anyone is aware of any glitches or problems not mentioned in this list or supporting articles, please mention them in a reply.

To 343 Industries: Are there any plans to address all of these problems, or even some of these problems? If it is the latter, which problems are you planning to address? Has any progress been made toward resolving the problem with achievements? If so, what is that progress?
  • Energy sword lunges, even jumping energy sword lunges, sometimes fail to register for no discernible reason.
I posted this in the other thread, but this happens with normal melee too, not just the sword. Nice list btw, hopefully it'll get some attention.
I was on halo4 campaign,I got halfway through the level and then it disappeared and the mammoth was fine but floating
Yazite wrote:

• Energy sword lunges, even jumping energy sword lunges, sometimes fail to register for no discernible reason.
I posted this in the other thread, but this happens with normal melee too, not just the sword. Nice list btw, hopefully it'll get some attention.
I was wondering whether or not this problem was more widespread. Sounds like it is...

Thanks! I certainly hope it gets some attention, too.
I just remembered another problem.
Halo 4 campaign:
  • During the final boss quicktime event fight on the level "Midnight", the text prompt says "Use RT to fire machine gun"; it should say "Use LT to plant grenade".
Halo 4 campaign:
I died at least twice to that Bull$hit. apparently youtubers looked in to it and they couldn't find what was making that happen.
Halo 4 campaign:
I died at least twice to that Bull$hit. apparently youtubers looked in to it and they couldn't find what was making that happen.
Yeah, it's a pretty bad glitch. It's possible to get past it, but it's probably pretty hard on newer players who don't know that the text is glitched and may not know what to do to complete the fight.
I thought of another couple glitches.
General multiplayer:
  • Sometimes, medals that a player has earned are not awarded in the post-game medals list. I have noticed this problem for medals that were not present in the original medalset on the title; as examples, this would include Steaktacular and Triple-Double medals for Halo: CE, Halo 2, and Halo 3.
  • Other times, medals that were not in the original medalset are awarded properly in the post-game medals list, but are not counted in the career medal chest.
These two glitches may be related.
Here's one to add: There is still no ability to switch teams while in-game for ANY of the Halo titles. This is essential for some custom game modes, especially Halo 2 classic zombies, where you manually switch to green team after you are killed by a zombie. This is especially misleading because, when creating a custom gametype, you can choose to enable in-game team switching, but when you hit pause while playing, the option simply isn't there.
OP, if you haven't already, or if there isn't a similar thread, you should share your list on reddit. It will get a lot of attention there.
Yazite wrote:
OP, if you haven't already, or if there isn't a similar thread, you should share your list on reddit. It will get a lot of attention there.
Good idea, I just did. It looks like all the other MCC glitch lists are over a year old.
Another bug:

Halo 4:

- Game sounds often cut out or completely cease to play while in game (weapon, ability sounds etc)
Yazite wrote:
Another bug:

Halo 4:

- Game sounds often cut out or completely cease to play while in game (weapon, ability sounds etc)
I wasn't aware of that one. Thank you!
Here's one to add: There is still no ability to switch teams while in-game for ANY of the Halo titles. This is essential for some custom game modes, especially Halo 2 classic zombies, where you manually switch to green team after you are killed by a zombie. This is especially misleading because, when creating a custom gametype, you can choose to enable in-game team switching, but when you hit pause while playing, the option simply isn't there.
Yes, I forgot about this one. Thanks for mentioning it!
Miscellaneous:

• The description for the mission "Assault on the Control Room" on Halo: Combat Evolved reads: "Defend the Control Room against wave after wave of Covenant troops." This scenario does not happen at any point on this level. This is technically not a glitch and not a huge problem, but it's still a bad, inaccurate description.
EDIT: Never mind. This description is what the description was in the original as well. I forgot that the original description seemed off back then. My mistake; ignore this problem.
List of MCC Glitches and Problems 2016

General:

• There is an audio problem where all audio is lost for headset users. See here for additional posts. This problem really needs to be fixed; it is a significant disruption and it is severely irritating to deal with while playing a match in competitive multiplayer.
        • Unconfirmed: I have heard that the projectile travel speeds on Halo: CE and Halo 3 may be incorrect for some or all weapons. From personal experience, it seems that the MCC H3 BR requires more leading than the original H3 BR. I recommend investigating.
        • There have been broad complaints about the multiplayer hit detection across many of the titles in the MCC.
        • It is still impossible to join-in-progress for custom games.
        • It is still impossible to save entire Theater film files from any game in the MCC.
        • It is still not possible to adjust the master volume for each individual title on the MCC.
        • It is also still not possible to alter the volume of the menu music in game; the menu music is still obnoxiously loud.
General multiplayer:

• Host migration remains nonfunctional for Halo 2 and Halo 3. Unless I am mistaken, it is also nonfunctional in Halo: CE.
        • Lobby rosters still have no form of party indicators.
        • Certain game modes and map variants present in the original Halo 3 are missing from matchmaking. For example, BTB Heavy options and certain Sandbox maps are missing from matchmaking despite being present on the original. The problem of missing game mode variants is also true for Halo 2, unless I am very badly mistaken.
Halo 3 general:

• Halo 3 Theater films still sometimes crash at the time that the match outcome is decided (which team wins and which team loses), rather than continuing until the proper end of the match.
Halo 3 multiplayer:

• Multiplayer is still largely in its launch-day state; it needs to fully updated to its final state. As an example, the double reload problem remains in the MCC version of H3, but it has been patched on the original H3.
        • It is still not possible for a player to customize their in-game emblem for match-made multiplayer; players are still simply assigned default emblems based on team color.
Halo 2 campaign:

• Enemies and allies still cannot dual wield properly.
        • Enemy Wraiths on the level “The Great Journey” spawn in upside-down, leaving their Brute drivers standing around aimlessly.
        • The Phantom dropship on the level Regret that is supposed to drop off a pair of Hunters still sometimes simply disappears in the air before it can even reach its drop-off area.
Halo 2 Classic multiplayer:

• The spawn system seems to still be using the flawed Vista version, rather than the intended original version.
        • It is still not possible for a player to customize their emblem. Only the emblem colors can be changed; the design cannot be changed.
Halo: CE:

• Combat Evolved is currently using the Anniversary sound effects, not the Original sound effects, both in multiplayer and in ‘Original’ mode in campaign. CE should be using the Original sound effects in ‘Original’ campaign mode and in multiplayer. This problem DESERVES to be fixed.
        • Cut-scenes animations seem to have some syncing issues. As an example, Flood goop flies out of Keyes’s implants before the Master Chief shakes them on the level “Keyes.”
For more glitches and problems in Halo: Combat Evolved on the MCC, please visit:
http://www.halobugs.com/

For more details from some partially-outdated glitch lists, please see:
https://www.reddit.com/r/halo/comments/3hxihf/the_master_chief_collection_buglist/
https://www.reddit.com/r/halo/comments/3d9ypg/still_frustrated_about_the_state_of_mcc_so_am_i/
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/85d779d52cfd46918b4f8b638f2e3c7b/topics/mcc-community-bug-list-updated-9-7-15/f6493eeb-e892-4523-88f5-cf5883bb2276/posts

Finally, it is worthwhile to mention that the problems with achievements not unlocking or progress resetting remain unresolved. While there is an official thread for this problem, no progress has been made public in any form.

Note: I have not mentioned any criticisms of the playlist structure or matchmaking parameter settings, either in ranked or unranked. I’m not saying that these problems aren’t relevant, but I wanted this post to be focused on problems with relatively clear, straightforward solutions.

If anyone is aware of any glitches or problems not mentioned in this list or supporting articles, please mention them in a reply.

To 343 Industries: Are there any plans to address all of these problems, or even some of these problems? If it is the latter, which problems are you planning to address? Has any progress been made toward resolving the problem with achievements? If so, what is that progress?

hi im christian 1171 please read my post master chief collection bug(important 343) there is a bug assault rifle near the pointer thre is an almos black line watch the sky on halo second mission
Yazite wrote:
Good idea, I just did. It looks like all the other MCC glitch lists are over a year old.
good
Can we at least get some kind of response from 343 Industries?
Today i have just experienced a very big flaw/glitch in halo CE matchmaking.what happened was i queued matchmaking found a match the game began it was oddball on chillout and as soon as the game started all audio cutout and could not move or control my player as if my controller was disconnected. My controller in fact wasn't disconnected as i could open the guide/dashboard easily. i even unplugged my controller from the console and plugged it back in and made no difference i was still unable to move or look and the audio was 100% cut out. I just wanted to document this occurrence to see if anyone else has came across this issue. I also have proof of this via xbox game dvr. In the video recording there is no audio in it as i cant really prove that my controls did not work from a viewers stand point but since i can prove that the audio was indeed 100% cut out i think thats enough proof to believe that i was not able to look or move my player.
v Gutz wrote:
Today i have just experienced a very big flaw/glitch in halo CE matchmaking.what happened was i queued matchmaking found a match the game began it was oddball on chillout and as soon as the game started all audio cutout and could not move or control my player as if my controller was disconnected. My controller in fact wasn't disconnected as i could open the guide/dashboard easily. i even unplugged my controller from the console and plugged it back in and made no difference i was still unable to move or look and the audio was 100% cut out. I just wanted to document this occurrence to see if anyone else has came across this issue.
I believe it that another example of this glitch might be mentioned in this thread.

I totally forgot about this glitch. Thank you for mentioning it!
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 7