Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

[Locked] List of MCC Glitches and Problems 2016 (READ!)

OP Depluralize

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 5
  4. 6
  5. ...
  6. 7
"Halo: CE:
  • Combat Evolved is currently using the Anniversary sound effects, not the Original sound effects, both in multiplayer and in ‘Original’ mode in campaign. CE should be using the Original sound effects in ‘Original’ campaign mode and in multiplayer. This problem DESERVES to be fixed."
Yes please!
Forge has a tons of glitches, but I'll mention the most annoying one for me. In H4 Forge, that round border/hud thing surrounding the screen which is meant to simulate what the forge monitor sees is supposed to go away after switching to player mode, then switching back. It does not. It stays that way forever. It's more difficult to forge with the hud blocking part of the view, which forces me to have to move the camera more often just to center what I'm trying to look at. Basically like forging with tunnel vision. This isn't a huge deal to most, but will bother most OCD people like myself.
Rickaerian wrote:
-snip-
Shouldn’t you put this updated list as the main one on the front of the post? Not to knock on you, this is a beautifully constructed list that will prove extremely useful to 343, now that they’ve announced they’ll be following player input while fixing MCC.
^ Hopefully 343 sees this thread and there's also a very detailed list of HCE issues on halobugs.com
Definitely needs to be on the front page if they see this thread. They’re very receptive, again, so this will be a huge bonus.
12/23/2016: For anyone wondering why I have two glitch lists in this thread: The list on page 1 is outdated, but for some reason, it seems that it cannot be edited anymore. Additionally, the list is now too long to be held in a single post. As a solution, I posted the list in two pieces on page 4.
Rickaerian wrote:
Rickaerian wrote:
-snip-
Shouldn’t you put this updated list as the main one on the front of the post? Not to knock on you, this is a beautifully constructed list that will prove extremely useful to 343, now that they’ve announced they’ll be following player input while fixing MCC.
^ Hopefully 343 sees this thread and there's also a very detailed list of HCE issues on halobugs.com
Definitely needs to be on the front page if they see this thread. They’re very receptive, again, so this will be a huge bonus.
I'll look into it, but there's only so much I can do given the limitations of this forum platform.
We need to fix the halo 2 ca
List of MCC Glitches and Problems 2016(Updated 8-Dec-2016)

General:
  • There is an audio problem where all audio is lost for headset users. This problem can occur in matchmade multiplayer as well as local custom games. See here and here for additional posts. This problem really needs to be fixed; it is a significant disruption and it is severely irritating to deal with while playing a match in competitive multiplayer.
  • Unconfirmed: I have heard that the projectile travel speeds on Halo: CE and Halo 3 may be incorrect for some or all weapons. From personal experience, it seems that the MCC H3 BR requires more leading than the original H3 BR. I recommend investigating.
  • There have been broad complaints about the multiplayer hit detection across many of the titles in the MCC.
  • It is still impossible to save entire Theater film files from any game in the MCC.
  • It is still not possible to adjust the master volume for each individual title on the MCC.
  • It is also still not possible to alter the volume of the menu music in game; the menu music is still obnoxiously loud.
  • It is still not possible to switch teams in a custom game.
  • It is still not possible to join a custom game in progress.
  • In Halo 3 (and possibly 4?), the viewport will sometimes be set incorrectly small or nonexistent. See here and here for additional posts. This problem may have been resolved by a system update, as I haven't encountered it in a while. Has anyone encountered this problem recently? If so, what game title was it (Halo:CE? Halo 2: Classic? Halo 3? Halo 4? Halo 2: Anniversary?)?
General multiplayer:
  • Host migration remains nonfunctional for Halo 2 and Halo 3. Unless I am mistaken, it is also nonfunctional in Halo: CE.
  • Lobby rosters still have no form of party indicators.
  • Certain game modes and map variants present in the original Halo 3 are missing from matchmaking. For example, BTB Heavy options and certain Sandbox maps are missing from matchmaking despite being present on the original. The problem of missing game mode variants is also true for Halo 2, unless I am very badly mistaken.
  • Proximity Chat does not work.
  • Sometimes, medals that a player has earned are not awarded in the post-game medals list. I have noticed this problem for medals that were not present in the original medalset on the title; as examples, this would include Steaktacular and Triple-Double medals for Halo: CE, Halo 2, and Halo 3.
  • Other times, medals that were not in the original medalset are awarded properly in the post-game medals list, but are not counted in the career medal chest.
  • In some multiplayer titles such as Halo 3 and Halo 2: Anniversary, it is possible to see mic indicators for members of the enemy team, although their team audio is not audible.
Halo 3 general:
  • Halo 3 Theater films still sometimes crash at the time that the match outcome is decided (which team wins and which team loses), rather than continuing until the proper end of the match.
Halo 3 multiplayer:
  • Multiplayer is still largely in its launch-day state; it needs to fully updated to its final state. As an example, the double reload problem remains in the MCC version of H3, but it has been patched on the original H3.
  • It is still not possible for a player to customize their in-game emblem for match-made multiplayer; players are still simply assigned default emblems based on team color.
  • Energy sword lunges, even jumping energy sword lunges, sometimes fail to register for no discernible reason. Update: This problem is actually more broad. Melee lunges and melee attacks sometimes fail to register for no discernible reason (no significant lag, etc.).
Halo 2 campaign:
  • Enemies and allies still cannot dual wield properly.
  • Enemy Wraiths on the level “The Great Journey” spawn in upside-down, leaving their Brute drivers standing around aimlessly.
  • The Phantom dropship on the level Regret that is supposed to drop off a pair of Hunters still sometimes simply disappears in the air before it can even reach its drop-off area.
  • Classic graphical mode: The lights on the armor/harnesses of the Elites and the Grunts can be seen through certain opaque surfaces. As an example, this problem is noticeable on the level "Regret," where these lights can be seen through the walls of the gondolas.
  • The Bandanna skull has no effect on battery weapons, such as Plasma Rifles, Plasma Pistols, and Beam Rifles. The Bandanna skull should grant infinite ammo; however, weapons with battery charges will still lose charge and get depleted regardless of whether the Bandanna skull is active.
Halo 2 Classic multiplayer:
  • The spawn system seems to still be using the flawed Vista version, rather than the intended original version.
  • It is still not possible for a player to customize their emblem. Only the emblem colors can be changed; the design cannot be changed.
Halo: CE:
  • Combat Evolved is currently using the Anniversary sound effects, not the Original sound effects, both in multiplayer and in ‘Original’ mode in campaign. CE should be using the Original sound effects in ‘Original’ campaign mode and in multiplayer. This problem DESERVES to be fixed.
  • Cut-scenes animations seem to have some syncing issues. As an example, Flood goop flies out of Keyes’s implants before the Master Chief shakes them on the level “Keyes.”
  • On the multiplayer map Death Island, there is a flickering white line where the ocean meets the sky on the horizon. This could be a problem with the skybox.
  • There is a game-breaking multiplayer glitch in which the player loads in but cannot control their character. It is described later in this thread.
Halo: CE / General UI:
  • Sprees and other report statistics are incorrect on the post-match carnage report after Combat Evolved matches.
Halo 4:
  • Game sounds often cut out or completely cease to play while in game (weapon, ability sounds, etc.).
Halo 4 campaign:
  • During the final boss quicktime event fight on the level "Midnight", the text prompt says "Use RT to fire machine gun"; it should say "Use LT to plant grenade".
For more glitches and problems in Halo: Combat Evolved on the MCC, please visit:
http://www.halobugs.com/
(Note: The above list may be somewhat outdated.)

For more details from some partially-outdated glitch lists, please see:
https://www.reddit.com/r/halo/comments/3hxihf/the_master_chief_collection_buglist/
https://www.reddit.com/r/halo/comments/3d9ypg/still_frustrated_about_the_state_of_mcc_so_am_i/
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/85d779d52cfd46918b4f8b638f2e3c7b/topics/mcc-community-bug-list-updated-9-7-15/f6493eeb-e892-4523-88f5-cf5883bb2276/posts

Finally, it is worthwhile to mention that the problems with achievements not unlocking or progress resetting remain unresolved. While there is an official thread for this problem, no progress has been made public in any form.

If anyone is aware of any glitches or problems not mentioned in this list or supporting articles, please mention them in a reply.
You missed that on the halo 2 campaign the game tends to disconnect both players booting them from the game. This wouldn't be to big of an issue, except for the fact that you have to restart the whole mission. Me and a buddy of mine have been sitting on one mission on legendary for the past two months because of the gamebreaking big.
Saving your place in a lot of the cross game playlists never works right. It will often start you on the first level of the playlist, instead of where you had saved.
I deleted it for Destiny 2 (before I had an external) and now I can't install it. -.-
Tsxki wrote:
Thanks for the list
You're welcome!

Also, the list on page 4 has been updated for August 2017.
I find it cool that there are still active players for this game.
On Halo 4 Campaign, level Infinity.
I was on the Master Chief Collection Playlist, and I saved to quit at the very start of Infinity after the cutscene. Now when I reload it, the entire world is gone, I’m underneath it, can’t move or shoot or even see myself. It says -50 like I killed myself, but it won’t respawn the checkpoint or anything. Restarting the game and level doesn’t fix it.
On Halo 4 Campaign, level Infinity.
I was on the Master Chief Collection Playlist, and I saved to quit at the very start of Infinity after the cutscene. Now when I reload it, the entire world is gone, I’m underneath it, can’t move or shoot or even see myself. It says -50 like I killed myself, but it won’t respawn the checkpoint or anything. Restarting the game and level doesn’t fix it.
Hey Demy. We have dedicated feedback threads for this stuff now. You can find them pinned at the top of the forums :)
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 5
  4. 6
  5. ...
  6. 7