Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

[Locked] Lobby reset after each match?

OP ACE ARROW

Hi,

I'm new here but I had to make this post since I can't find a reasonable explanation behind this: why at the end of each match the lobby gets reset? According to the recent updates this is a new feature. Why? It's hard enough for me to get into matches and now everytime I want to get into a BTB (which is my favorite) I have to restart the search after finding players.

Did 343 mention if this was going to be temporary and fixed soon?

Thanks
It's how it was in every Halo game and it will not be going anywhere. The reason being people never stay in a match after its over and they lost, and since that is no join in session in Halo it would not be possible to refill the lobby meaning it could possibly start a new game with a 4v1 or a 6v1.
Really? Thats odd. I don't seem to recall that. I must be trippin' cause this is really annoying.
Look I know this is necro but I need to point this out for the sake of this was the first thing that I found when I looked up "why does the lobby reset after every game in halo mcc on steam"

The games I know and remember (2, 3, and Reach) definitely did not reset after each match. I know this because of how many fond memories I have of playing with the same group of people when random matchmaking in BtB, and how it'd be fun to learn what each person likes to do and who's good at what. It was a delight to talk with your team about the fun things you did against them or with them in the last map, and everyone was so fun to talk to and play with. I doubt this will be payed any attention to, but I for one REALLY think that the lobbies shouldn't be reset after each match.
Look I know this is necro but I need to point this out for the sake of this was the first thing that I found when I looked up "why does the lobby reset after every game in halo mcc on steam"

The games I know and remember (2, 3, and Reach) definitely did not reset after each match. I know this because of how many fond memories I have of playing with the same group of people when random matchmaking in BtB, and how it'd be fun to learn what each person likes to do and who's good at what. It was a delight to talk with your team about the fun things you did against them or with them in the last map, and everyone was so fun to talk to and play with. I doubt this will be payed any attention to, but I for one REALLY think that the lobbies shouldn't be reset after each match.
2014 was long ago; Please don't post multiple time in a row. If you need to add more information or quote other users, you can edit your last post. Thanks