https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/games/halo-the-master-chief-collection/xbox-one/service-records/players/emperor

This guy cheats for 50 he goes offline and gets rank for quitting. perm ban him
I believe it's against the forums rules to single someone out.
they are going to reset ranks once everything is fixed anyways so who cares.
Why do people propagate information that was solely discussed on forums as if it was fact? 343 never even talked about this whatsoever.
Why do people care about this stuff if it isn't directly affecting them?

Why do people propagate information that was solely discussed on forums as if it was fact? 343 never even talked about this whatsoever.
Actually it has been talked about many times, do some research it's a well known fact ranks are being reset. Hell you could even tweet @brav yourself and ask him.

Actually Andy Dudynsky said they would be reset.

"no rank reset. we'll reset once ranking and MM issues are resolved."
Heretic! Heretic!
And rank matters why? Was in a H2A game today and I was the only person above a 10 besides a 37 on the other team and he was terrible. So why do people care about rank when it does and means nothing?
Because, when it works, rank will mean something. You're not supposed to be able to match up against anyone more than 10 levels higher than you, and the ranks work very well in bringing in people of similar skills to matchmade games to make teams.
Mr Nogatco wrote:
Why do people care about this stuff if it isn't directly affecting them?
Because if you were in one of the many games he went offline in, then it does affect you.
Remember when you could discuss rank without offending an entire forum?

pepperidge farm remembers
Remember when you could discuss rank without offending an entire forum?

pepperidge farm remembers
I was kind of waiting for this.