Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

Make centered crosshair for Halo Reach available!

OP ICG Avith 117

Please, make this an optional feature for Xbox One version like PC does.

There is a technical reason of why you should do it: INPUT LAG

All the screens work in the same way, they first change the first top horizontal pixels of the screen, and the lowest horizontal one at the end. This means that if you put the crosshair closer to the top of the screen, the less input lag you percive. Thats why playing with centered crosshair feels and plays better, I played PC and Xbox versions myself, and after have done a lot of research I can asure you that this is necessary.

Compared to PC control players, we, the console players, are in disadvantage.

EDIT: moden monitors works like this, not only old CRT screens, check out this video (there are many more like this): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHIoJWtGR_w
That is how old CRTs painted a picture on a screens back in the day, That is hot how modern televisions work now. All the pixels refresh at the same time as far as I know.
That is how old CRTs painted a picture on a screens back in the day, That is hot how modern televisions work now. All the pixels refresh at the same time as far as I know.
No, that is also how modern monitors work, obviosly under a different mechanism/technology, but is happening the same.

Also, check out this youtube video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHIoJWtGR_w
No, that is also how modern monitors work, obviosly under a different mechanism/technology, but is happening the same.

Also, check out this youtube video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHIoJWtGR_w
I cannot argue with that.
hmm interesting I didn't know that.
Please do it for all of MCC that has currently no centered crosshair (at least an option to toggle).
First off, there is no noticeable input lag from the placement of the crosshair on the screen, a whole frame is displayed way too fast for there to be any sort of "disadvantage" to those playing with a lowered crosshair. I guarantee you that any difference you think you're noticing is either something else causing lag (of which there are many in Reach atm), or just a placebo.

Secondly, on console everyone has lowered crosshairs, so it wouldn't make a difference because as there is no crossplay between console and PC.

Thirdly, the animations, maps, and art are all built around a lowered crosshair, changing it makes the game look and play worse. Bungie put a lot of work into designing maps and skyboxes to work with the exact camera settings that were used in the original version of Reach, lowered corsshairs included.

Fourthly, having centred crosshairs actually gives players a disadvantage because they actually see less on the screen, considering you have to look further down when aiming with centred corsshairs and that means you can't see 20% of what everyone else can see. This is especially important considering that most games now start with headshot weapons, and therefore the ability to see more of the map is vital. Even if it were true that having lowered crosshairs caused noticeable input lag, this is a much larger disadvantage in my opinion.

The only reason 343 decided to allow PC players to raise the crosshairs is because they would complain otherwise, almost nobody on console cares or even notices, so why mess up the game when there aren't people pressuring you to?