Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

Make halo reach firefight 4 player split screen

OP SAGHELLWORLD117

On Xbox 360 reach firefight is technically 2 player split screen however there is a glitch you can do where if you sign in another 1 or 2 controls just before the match begins you can make it 3-4 player splitscreen and it wouldn’t really cause any lag or problems, since halo reach on MCC is on Xbox one which is a more powerful console can 343 make it officially 4 player split screen rather than just 2 ? If Xbox 360 can pretty much handle it I don’t see why Xbox one can’t
We should probably wait and see if we even get firefight with reach. Just because we are getting reach in MCC doesn't mean it's the whole game. None of the titles are the whole game in MCC. If we do get firefight with reach it will probably be a limited version of it.
LethalQ wrote:
We should probably wait and see if we even get firefight with reach.
It's already been confirmed that Firefight is coming with Reach.
LethalQ wrote:
We should probably wait and see if we even get firefight with reach. Just because we are getting reach in MCC doesn't mean it's the whole game. None of the titles are the whole game in MCC. If we do get firefight with reach it will probably be a limited version of it.
It’s already been confirmed ages ago that the whole things is coming to mcc, multiplayer will be free for everyone however campaign and firefight you will need to buy them or own Xbox game pass to get them, they said this when they first announced that halo reach is coming to MCC
As others have mentioned, Firefight has been confirmed. As far as making FF compatible with splitscreen for up to four players? That'd be awesome.

I suspect strongly that they won't, because I don't see incentive on 343i's part to alter the game on any real mechanical level due to the inevitable contraversy that even the most minor and even seemingly positive changes are met by.

I don't see a downside to more local Firefight players, especially now in the age of the $400 55" flat screen. Unfortunately that doesn't mean someone else won't find fault with it and excoriate 343i for messing with the proverbial Kool-aid. Safest move for them is just to touch up the graphics and leave everything else alone.
As others have mentioned, Firefight has been confirmed. As far as making FF compatible with splitscreen for up to four players? That'd be awesome.

I suspect strongly that they won't, because I don't see incentive on 343i's part to alter the game on any real mechanical level due to the inevitable contraversy that even the most minor and even seemingly positive changes are met by.

I don't see a downside to more local Firefight players, especially now in the age of the $400 55" flat screen. Unfortunately that doesn't mean someone else won't find fault with it and excoriate 343i for messing with the proverbial Kool-aid. Safest move for them is just to touch up the graphics and leave everything else alone.
This is so true. Why put in extra time and effort for something that will be lambasted anyway? I’m inclined to remain on the side of “original recipe” unless there are features that are provided as options, eg., modern aiming.
tuhin94 wrote:

This is so true. Why put in extra time and effort for something that will be lambasted anyway? I’m inclined to remain on the side of “original recipe” unless there are features that are provided as options, eg., modern aiming.
Would it really change the recipe though, because you could play with 4 people over 2 systems, it would just improve it it's not like you'd have to play with 4 people, I don't see any reason to complain other than people just wanting to hate on 343i.
I was always sad when I played with one of my brothers on firefight, then another brother came in and we had to switch to normal multiplayer, so they could play.
tuhin94 wrote:

Would it really change the recipe though, because you could play with 4 people over 2 systems, it would just improve it it's not like you'd have to play with 4 people, I don't see any reason to complain other than people just wanting to hate on 343i.
I was always sad when I played with one of my brothers on firefight, then another brother came in and we had to switch to normal multiplayer, so they could play.
I think it’s a good thing too. I wasn’t clear at all in my previous comment so I’ll clarify. I’m for OG stuff as much as possible, but things that are options, like modern aiming and having more local players, are always welcome. So, to elaborate, having the ability to have more local players doesn’t intrude upon the OG feature of only 2 local players; it’s purely an enhancement. I’d love to see more local players allowed on one console. I guess it all comes down to technical feasibility.
tuhin94 wrote:
tuhin94 wrote:

I think it’s a good thing too. I wasn’t clear at all in my previous comment so I’ll clarify. I’m for OG stuff as much as possible, but things that are options, like modern aiming and having more local players, are always welcome. So, to elaborate, having the ability to have more local players doesn’t intrude upon the OG feature of only 2 local players; it’s purely an enhancement. I’d love to see more local players allowed on one console. I guess it all comes down to technical feasibility.
Oh okay lol, your post kinda confused me.
tuhin94 wrote:
tuhin94 wrote:

Oh okay lol, your post kinda confused me.
Yeah haha. I reread it and it’s super incomplete. I was agreeing with a point of the person who I was quoting and then didn’t go past the halfway mark with the rest of what I wanted to say lol.
I'll clarify as well: I'm 100% in favor of 4 player splitscreen support in FF, personally. I just feel that if I were 343, I wouldn't go out of my way to make something like that happen at this point when I know that some fans will manage to find fault with it and criticize it as a deviation from the original game.
On Xbox 360 reach firefight is technically 2 player split screen however there is a glitch you can do where if you sign in another 1 or 2 controls just before the match begins you can make it 3-4 player splitscreen and it wouldn’t really cause any lag or problems, since halo reach on MCC is on Xbox one which is a more powerful console can 343 make it officially 4 player split screen rather than just 2 ? If Xbox 360 can pretty much handle it I don’t see why Xbox one can’t
I hope to see your Idea on the Next update because it's the best playlist to play