Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

[Locked] MCC - Playlist Preview Feedback Thread

OP Postums

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 15
  4. 16
  5. 17
  6. 18
  7. 19
  8. ...
  9. 22
Hi, guys. I don't know if I've ever actually posted here, but I wanted to give some feedback on the most recent playlist revision that Postums tweeted (https://twitter.com/343Postums/status/1004438692541358080).

Keep in mind, this is not my "dream" list, but I feel like realistic (and relatively minor) suggestions for revision are slightly more productive than people just plopping down a completely unrelated utopian vision for playlists, especially if that vision involves building a completely new back-end for the game.

As I see it, there are three pillars of consideration here:
1. Maximizing "standard setting" variety for all games.
2. Minimizing Redundancy (and playlist quantity).
3. Segregating H3 adequately to prevent quitting.

Here are my suggestions:
Cross-game --- Ranked BTB (H2/H3), Social BTB (HCE/H2?/H2A/H3?/H4), Ranked Hardcore (H2/H3(could rotate)), Ranked FFA (All?), Social Objective (H2/H2A/H3)
HCE --- Ranked 2v2, Social 4v4
H2 --- Ranked Team Slayer
H2A --- Ranked 4v4
H3 --- Ranked Team Slayer, Ranked 2v2
H4 --- Social Infinity 4v4 (or more players on those big daddy maps 5v5? 6v6?)

This list keeps it at exactly 12, which I think is an optimal number. I have not added any without subtracting or combining already listed playlists.

I think this is a slightly better way to do BTB, as it allows for competitive and focused games on big maps, while reserving Social BTB for chaos and heavies. I also feel like objective variety was a shortcoming of the posted list. In mine, I've included every game that supports asymmetrical gametypes in a social playlist, and I would advocate for as much variety in that playlist as possible (all bomb gametypes, all flag gametypes, all capture gametypes, all VIP gametypes).

I know that not everyone will agree with every change here, but I think these slight changes increase coverage significantly without excluding anything that was already present.

Lemme know what you think!
OG Nick wrote:
OG Nick wrote:
I think H3 shouldn't get more playlists because of the people who ruin other playlists by quitting when H3 isn't picked.
Halo 3 is the majority of the mcc population of course it deserves more playlist, lets be real the halo 3 community has kept mcc alive the last 3 years.
Lets be real the Halo 3 community is also the biggest bunch of entitled babies in the community. If y'all didn't cry/quit/betray cross game playlists (swat, btb, etc) might still be an option.
I haven't run into people doing that personally the only thing i see people do is dodge, but that goes for every one people who don't want to play h3 do that themselves. I am good at every halo so it doesn't bother me what game i play. I can still say halo 3 deserves more than the other playlist.
Belvest wrote:
Why don’t people understand that a ranking system is by far the fairest system for people to compete and gives people extra motivation to play? Removing the ranking system from playlists like Halo 3 and Halo 4 will lead to way more people stopping to play the game or at least not taking it seriously anymore. Be prepared to see a siginificant drop in population and quality in those playlists. That’s a guarantee. I have no idea why this game is catered so much towards the casual gamers.
^ THIS. A proper ranking system with rank and party matching HAS to be a feature in this update. Thousands of people will come back to the MCC to play matchmaking once the first update is live. However, should there be an imbalance in matchmaking similar/identical to the one we face currently (random ranks and random party sizes matching each other without any semblance of fairness), I am willing to bet money that the population will not last. The population will destabilize, it will decrease, and MCC matchmaking will be a ghost town once again within a few weeks. Parties of four should only match other parties of four. 50’s should only match 50’s. A party of four 50’s searching team Hardcore should not match four solo queue players that are all below level 20. This is the heart of the matchmaking crisis we are faced with. Casual players will be turned away when they search and lose 50-12 over and over again, and competitive players will go back to picking teams in custom games or quit MCC entirely when they can’t match players or teams of near equal skill. This is not speculation, this is fact. The current matchmaking imbalance is frustrating, unfair, and ultimately BORING.

Also, I don’t want to hear a single word about the population being too low to support party and rank matching. If the ranks are reset (which they should be), the matchmaking will be fresh once again. Additionally, MCC’s player base will increase substantially within the first week or two of the update. If the game has a fair and balanced matchmaking, players will stay and continue to play. Even if the population is still > 3000, only a couple dozen or so players are needed per playlist to keep 50 high ranked matchmaking alive. Here is an example, in ranked Halo 3 that could be; 24 players (12 teams) in Team Doubles, 24 players (6 teams) in Team Hardcore, 24 players (6 teams) in Team Slayer, and 24 players (3 lobbies of 8 players or 4 lobbies of 6 players). That’s 96 players total at any given time needed to keep 50 high matchmaking alive. That is a generous number too, and it is completely reasonable! I organize custom game lobbies for competitive 4’s all the time. Often times, I have no problem getting 16 players total, splitting into four teams of 4, and playing in a sort of mini 4v4 tournament. Additionally, Team Doubles tournaments are held by the community every so often, and at least a dozen teams typically sign up and play. None of us search matchmaking however, because there is NO guarantee that we’ll match each other, or even another team. Imagine if this hassle was unnecessary, and players could simply dive into a balanced matchmaking and be able to do the same thing. That’s how things used to be in Halo 2 and Halo 3. And call me crazy, but that system worked pretty well, despite it being over 10 years old. This system benefitted both casual and competitive players, as casual players could play at lower levels and improve as they rose through the ranks, while competitive players were guaranteed fair matches.

343, I can confidently speak for the competitive community when I say that should you give us a matchmaking system that incorporates party and rank matching, we will handle they rest. We will call our friends, we will party up, and we will play sweaty games until our thumbs fall off. Casual players will feel welcomed as they play other players around their skill level without fear of running into tryhards who play 8 hours a day, and Halo MCC matchmaking will retain a steady player base. I will talk about additional matchmaking changes and upgrades that I know a majority of players will support in a later post. But for now, that’s how I feel about rank and party matching. @Postums, please take notes. <3
OG Nick wrote:
OG Nick wrote:
I think H3 shouldn't get more playlists because of the people who ruin other playlists by quitting when H3 isn't picked.
Halo 3 is the majority of the mcc population of course it deserves more playlist, lets be real the halo 3 community has kept mcc alive the last 3 years.
Lets be real the Halo 3 community is also the biggest bunch of entitled babies in the community. If y'all didn't cry/quit/betray cross game playlists (swat, btb, etc) might still be an option.
I haven't run into people doing that personally the only thing i see people do is dodge, but that goes for every one people who don't want to play h3 do that themselves. I am good at every halo so it doesn't bother me what game i play. I can still say halo 3 deserves more than the other playlist.
"Deserve" there's that entitlement again. If any games deserve more playlists it CE and H2 considering they have literally no where else to play those games online.
I like the idea of removing halo 4 5v5 ranked.... i helped a friend get an undefeated 50 in that playlist with no issue.

That being said, what about a 4v4 ranked H4 playlist?

I know the competition currently is weak, but I suspect when you release this new update the competition will return. Furthermore, i feel 4v4 will make the games more balanced, putting more pressure on the player and limiting the ability to get "carried" to a 50 like a lot of players in that playlist do.

Finally, I feel that completely removing ranked halo 4 is unfair to the dedicated population in the playlist. Yes, I know the game is "easy" but it's only that way because you have 4 other players there to do your dirty work, the matchmaking system is flawed (team of five 50's matching five 1's happens almost every game) and the population is somewhat limited. If we could fix these issues it would make it much harder to achieve a 50 in the playlist. Not to mention making the playlist 4v4 would also force the "competitive" halo 4 players up into separate teams.

I guarantee i'll get backlash from others on here, saying "halo 4 is too easy!" but i truly believe if you make these changes, and perhaps throw in hardcore game settings, it will make for a much tougher 50.
OG Nick wrote:
OG Nick wrote:
OG Nick wrote:
I think H3 shouldn't get more playlists because of the people who ruin other playlists by quitting when H3 isn't picked.
Halo 3 is the majority of the mcc population of course it deserves more playlist, lets be real the halo 3 community has kept mcc alive the last 3 years.
Lets be real the Halo 3 community is also the biggest bunch of entitled babies in the community. If y'all didn't cry/quit/betray cross game playlists (swat, btb, etc) might still be an option.
I haven't run into people doing that personally the only thing i see people do is dodge, but that goes for every one people who don't want to play h3 do that themselves. I am good at every halo so it doesn't bother me what game i play. I can still say halo 3 deserves more than the other playlist.
"Deserve" there's that entitlement again. If any games deserve more playlists it CE and H2 considering they have literally no where else to play those games.
CE and H2 can't have a lot of playlist because the population just isn't there for it, Halo 3 can easily populate 4 playlist. I don't get why you have such a big problem with the halo 3 community.
OG Nick wrote:
OG Nick wrote:
OG Nick wrote:
I think H3 shouldn't get more playlists because of the people who ruin other playlists by quitting when H3 isn't picked.
Halo 3 is the majority of the mcc population of course it deserves more playlist, lets be real the halo 3 community has kept mcc alive the last 3 years.
Lets be real the Halo 3 community is also the biggest bunch of entitled babies in the community. If y'all didn't cry/quit/betray cross game playlists (swat, btb, etc) might still be an option.
I haven't run into people doing that personally the only thing i see people do is dodge, but that goes for every one people who don't want to play h3 do that themselves. I am good at every halo so it doesn't bother me what game i play. I can still say halo 3 deserves more than the other playlist.
"Deserve" there's that entitlement again. If any games deserve more playlists it CE and H2 considering they have literally no where else to play those games.
CE and H2 can't have a lot of playlist because the population just isn't there for it, Halo 3 can easily populate 4 playlist. I don't get why you have such a problem with the halo 3 community.
Incessant quitting/betraying/dodging when something other than H3 is picked. Not to mention CE and 2 are better games. I'm sure the H2 population would be thriving in MCC if only people didn't quit/dodge/betray over 50% of the time H2 is picked.

The most ironic part is I will play H3 with someone, and they will quit out if CE is picked.
Legitsky wrote:
Belvest wrote:
Why don’t people understand that a ranking system is by far the fairest system for people to compete and gives people extra motivation to play? Removing the ranking system from playlists like Halo 3 and Halo 4 will lead to way more people stopping to play the game or at least not taking it seriously anymore. Be prepared to see a siginificant drop in population and quality in those playlists. That’s a guarantee. I have no idea why this game is catered so much towards the casual gamers.
^ THIS. A proper ranking system with rank and party matching HAS to be a feature in this update. Thousands of people will come back to the MCC to play matchmaking once the first update is live. However, should there be an imbalance in matchmaking similar/identical to the one we face currently (random ranks and random party sizes matching each other without any semblance of fairness), I am willing to bet money that the population will not last. The population will destabilize, it will decrease, and MCC matchmaking will be a ghost town once again within a few weeks. Parties of four should only match other parties of four. 50’s should only match 50’s. A party of four 50’s searching team Hardcore should not match four solo queue players that are all below level 20. This is the heart of the matchmaking crisis we are faced with. Casual players will be turned away when they search and lose 50-12 over and over again, and competitive players will go back to picking teams in custom games or quit MCC entirely when they can’t match players or teams of near equal skill. This is not speculation, this is fact. The current matchmaking imbalance is frustrating, unfair, and ultimately BORING.

Also, I don’t want to hear a single word about the population being too low to support party and rank matching. If the ranks are reset (which they should be), the matchmaking will be fresh once again. Additionally, MCC’s player base will increase substantially within the first week or two of the update. If the game has a fair and balanced matchmaking, players will stay and continue to play. Even if the population is still > 3000, only a couple dozen or so players are needed per playlist to keep 50 high ranked matchmaking alive. Here is an example, in ranked Halo 3 that could be; 24 players (12 teams) in Team Doubles, 24 players (6 teams) in Team Hardcore, 24 players (6 teams) in Team Slayer, and 24 players (3 lobbies of 8 players or 4 lobbies of 6 players). That’s 96 players total at any given time needed to keep 50 high matchmaking alive. That is a generous number too, and it is completely reasonable! I organize custom game lobbies for competitive 4’s all the time. Often times, I have no problem getting 16 players total, splitting into four teams of 4, and playing in a sort of mini 4v4 tournament. Additionally, Team Doubles tournaments are held by the community every so often, and at least a dozen teams typically sign up and play. None of us search matchmaking however, because there is NO guarantee that we’ll match each other, or even another team. Imagine if this hassle was unnecessary, and players could simply dive into a balanced matchmaking and be able to do the same thing. That’s how things used to be in Halo 2 and Halo 3. And call me crazy, but that system worked pretty well, despite it being over 10 years old. This system benefitted both casual and competitive players, as casual players could play at lower levels and improve as they rose through the ranks, while competitive players were guaranteed fair matches.

343, I can confidently speak for the competitive community when I say that should you give us a matchmaking system that incorporates party and rank matching, we will handle they rest. We will call our friends, we will party up, and we will play sweaty games until our thumbs fall off. Casual players will feel welcomed as they play other players around their skill level without fear of running into tryhards who play 8 hours a day, and Halo MCC matchmaking will retain a steady player base. I will talk about additional matchmaking changes and upgrades that I know a majority of players will support in a later post. But for now, that’s how I feel about rank and party matching. @Postums, please take notes. <3
Ranking system needs to be made into a halo 3 type ranking system where you don't need to win 3-4 games per level. There's a few people who have gotten perfect record 50's in td on mcc and it took them 150-200 games to get a 50 and that was them never dropping a game. For others it took them a good 300-400 games per playlist. There's no reason why it should take that long to get a 50.

That's also one of the reasons why it used to take so long to find a game searching 50 high on mcc back when they had it to where it was 40-50 or 35-50 skill range ( don't remember which one) because it took so long to rank up. Most people aren't going to want to play 300-400 games to get a 50 in a playlist. That's also why you never see people make new accounts for mcc because it takes so long to rank up. In og halo 3 literally every single person had a second account. In mcc maybe about 5% of the population have other accounts. Ranking system in halo 3 was so perfect yet so random. You never knew what level you were going to rank up to. In mcc the ranks are already pre determined ( what's the fun in that?) Remember when people used to do perfect record 50 attempts on twitch? Those perfect record 50 attempts were the most viewed channels on twitch and used to have 400-500+ viewers at times. They could run 50 high and get a 50 in literally one day. They were so fun to try and so fun to watch. No matter what side you were on you still enjoyed watching it.

I'm not saying they need to make it to where you can get a 50 in 30 games but it should take 1/2 or 2/3 of the time it takes now to get a 50 in a playlist. The ranks shouldn't be pre determined. The ranks should be based on the who you match and who you beat. If you beat someone who has a good record in the playlist you match them in then you should rank up quicker. If you match someone who doesn't have a good record in the playlist but you do then you shouldn't rank up as fast. If you lose to someone who has a bad record when you have a good you should rank down more than if you matched someone who has a similar record in the playlist like you. If you're a 40 and you match a 50 and beat them then you should rank up faster.
Avoideds wrote:
Legitsky wrote:
Belvest wrote:
Why don’t people understand that a ranking system is by far the fairest system for people to compete and gives people extra motivation to play? Removing the ranking system from playlists like Halo 3 and Halo 4 will lead to way more people stopping to play the game or at least not taking it seriously anymore. Be prepared to see a siginificant drop in population and quality in those playlists. That’s a guarantee. I have no idea why this game is catered so much towards the casual gamers.
^ THIS. A proper ranking system with rank and party matching HAS to be a feature in this update. Thousands of people will come back to the MCC to play matchmaking once the first update is live. However, should there be an imbalance in matchmaking similar/identical to the one we face currently (random ranks and random party sizes matching each other without any semblance of fairness), I am willing to bet money that the population will not last. The population will destabilize, it will decrease, and MCC matchmaking will be a ghost town once again within a few weeks. Parties of four should only match other parties of four. 50’s should only match 50’s. A party of four 50’s searching team Hardcore should not match four solo queue players that are all below level 20. This is the heart of the matchmaking crisis we are faced with. Casual players will be turned away when they search and lose 50-12 over and over again, and competitive players will go back to picking teams in custom games or quit MCC entirely when they can’t match players or teams of near equal skill. This is not speculation, this is fact. The current matchmaking imbalance is frustrating, unfair, and ultimately BORING.

Also, I don’t want to hear a single word about the population being too low to support party and rank matching. If the ranks are reset (which they should be), the matchmaking will be fresh once again. Additionally, MCC’s player base will increase substantially within the first week or two of the update. If the game has a fair and balanced matchmaking, players will stay and continue to play. Even if the population is still > 3000, only a couple dozen or so players are needed per playlist to keep 50 high ranked matchmaking alive. Here is an example, in ranked Halo 3 that could be; 24 players (12 teams) in Team Doubles, 24 players (6 teams) in Team Hardcore, 24 players (6 teams) in Team Slayer, and 24 players (3 lobbies of 8 players or 4 lobbies of 6 players). That’s 96 players total at any given time needed to keep 50 high matchmaking alive. That is a generous number too, and it is completely reasonable! I organize custom game lobbies for competitive 4’s all the time. Often times, I have no problem getting 16 players total, splitting into four teams of 4, and playing in a sort of mini 4v4 tournament. Additionally, Team Doubles tournaments are held by the community every so often, and at least a dozen teams typically sign up and play. None of us search matchmaking however, because there is NO guarantee that we’ll match each other, or even another team. Imagine if this hassle was unnecessary, and players could simply dive into a balanced matchmaking and be able to do the same thing. That’s how things used to be in Halo 2 and Halo 3. And call me crazy, but that system worked pretty well, despite it being over 10 years old. This system benefitted both casual and competitive players, as casual players could play at lower levels and improve as they rose through the ranks, while competitive players were guaranteed fair matches.

343, I can confidently speak for the competitive community when I say that should you give us a matchmaking system that incorporates party and rank matching, we will handle they rest. We will call our friends, we will party up, and we will play sweaty games until our thumbs fall off. Casual players will feel welcomed as they play other players around their skill level without fear of running into tryhards who play 8 hours a day, and Halo MCC matchmaking will retain a steady player base. I will talk about additional matchmaking changes and upgrades that I know a majority of players will support in a later post. But for now, that’s how I feel about rank and party matching. @Postums, please take notes. <3
Ranking system needs to be made into a halo 3 type ranking system where you don't need to win 3-4 games per level. There's a few people who have gotten perfect record 50's in td on mcc and it took them 150-200 games to get a 50 and that was them never dropping a game. For others it took them a good 300-400 games per playlist. There's no reason why it should take that long to get a 50.

That's also one of the reasons why it used to take so long to find a game searching 50 high on mcc back when they had it to where it was 40-50 or 35-50 skill range ( don't remember which one) because it took so long to rank up. Most people aren't going to want to play 300-400 games to get a 50 in a playlist. That's also why you never see people make new accounts for mcc because it takes so long to rank up. In og halo 3 literally every single person had a second account. In mcc maybe about 5% of the population have other accounts. Ranking system in halo 3 was so perfect yet so random. You never knew what level you were going to rank up to. In mcc the ranks are already pre determined Remember when people used to do perfect record 50 attempts on twitch? Those perfect record 50 attempts were the most viewed channels on twitch and used to have 400-500+ viewers at times. They were so fun to try and so fun to watch. No matter what side you were on you still enjoyed watching it.

I'm not saying they need to make it to where you can get a 50 in 30 games but it should take 1/2 or 1/3 of the time it takes now to get a 50 in a playlist.
Great points @Avoided. It takes exactly 230 wins to get a 50 in any ranked playlist on MCC currently. If you factor in losses, it could take well over 300 games for the average player to get a 50. That is FAR too much. I currently have six out of the seven (meaningless) 50’s on MCC, and I can tell you from experience that each and every one was a gigantic chore. @Avoided in particular knows what he’s talking about in this case, since he was a dominant player during the early days of MCC. He was amongst the first players to get a 50 in the Team Doubles playlist when it became ranked, and I’m sure he’ll tell you what that was like... LOL. I have no doubt that he only played the absolute sweatiest games over and over again to get that 50. And like he stated, we aren’t talking about 20-50 games like the old days. We’re talking about around 300 games. 300 games against the best players in the game for that one 50. That is absolutely INSANE. This would continue be a major deterrent to competitive and casual players alike, because the current ranking system is set to maximum grind and minimum reward. We want the grind, but we want to feel a sense of accomplishment too. That isn’t possible if you have to win 15 games to rank up once in some cases (levels 20-40 are particularly slow). But in a nutshell, as @Avoided stated, if there were a 1-50 ranking system implemented with rank and party matching (which there definitely should be), earning a 50 shouldn’t take 300 games. It should be more akin to the Halo 3 system, where a highest skill of 50 could be reasonably earned in around 50-100 wins by a good player.
Jorkman wrote:
Hi, guys. I don't know if I've ever actually posted here, but I wanted to give some feedback on the most recent playlist revision that Postums tweeted (https://twitter.com/343Postums/status/1004438692541358080).

Keep in mind, this is not my "dream" list, but I feel like realistic (and relatively minor) suggestions for revision are slightly more productive than people just plopping down a completely unrelated utopian vision for playlists, especially if that vision involves building a completely new back-end for the game.

As I see it, there are three pillars of consideration here:
1. Maximizing "standard setting" variety for all games.
2. Minimizing Redundancy (and playlist quantity).
3. Segregating H3 adequately to prevent quitting.

Here are my suggestions:
Cross-game --- Ranked BTB (H2/H3), Social BTB (HCE/H2?/H2A/H3?/H4), Ranked Hardcore (H2/H3(could rotate)), Ranked FFA (All?), Social Objective (H2/H2A/H3)
HCE --- Ranked 2v2, Social 4v4
H2 --- Ranked Team Slayer
H2A --- Ranked 4v4
H3 --- Ranked Team Slayer, Ranked 2v2
H4 --- Social Infinity 4v4 (or more players on those big daddy maps 5v5? 6v6?)

This list keeps it at exactly 12, which I think is an optimal number. I have not added any without subtracting or combining already listed playlists.

I think this is a slightly better way to do BTB, as it allows for competitive and focused games on big maps, while reserving Social BTB for chaos and heavies. I also feel like objective variety was a shortcoming of the posted list. In mine, I've included every game that supports asymmetrical gametypes in a social playlist, and I would advocate for as much variety in that playlist as possible (all bomb gametypes, all flag gametypes, all capture gametypes, all VIP gametypes).

I know that not everyone will agree with every change here, but I think these slight changes increase coverage significantly without excluding anything that was already present.

Lemme know what you think!
Great list!
I like the idea of rotating Hardcore between H2 and H3 rather than having it hold two slots.
I also like how you've separated out H2 and H3 together for a ranked BTB. Personally I'm not interested in playing BTB in the other titles so this would be a go to for me.
And I really agree there is a need for social objective. Something 343 Halo's lack is one sided OBJ so I think a playlist featuring that in MCC is essential. Something like H3 Social Skirmish.
Lastly I think bigger team sizes makes sense of H4's map pool. Even the small maps are large and there are so many BTB maps. I won't play H4 though so nbd.

Personally I'd rather have FFA be focused around one title if it's going to be ranked? Maybe rotational? My pick would be H2. I think what your list is missing is stuff like Multi Team for H3. I'd love to play the original Rocket Race again.

I'll try and post a list soon too! 12 may just be the sweet spot. I'm having trouble going down to 9. Maybe a slight UI adjustment?
Hardcore should be two permanent separate playlist. People have been waiting for a ranked hardcore H2 playlist for over 8 years.
The problem is that thousands of fans have been waiting for thousands of things for years, and there cannot conceivably be a playlist to satisfy every single sect of the community. I would happily sacrifice HCE 4v4 or H3 2v2 for another playlist that is judged to be necessary, but from what I understand, those two playlists currently have very vocal proponents right now. I really think this covers the most bases, ESPECIALLY because Hardcore has traditionally been an empty playlist (even more so than H2, which has a relatively low pop).
(4) No ranked for Halo CE since I honestly do not see the competition aspect in it compared to the other titles. As much as I love using the God Pistol, it's not much of a competition 3-shotting people.
If you're that much of a CE god please feel free to come down to the Beach Lan and show people how it's done.
Alright, alright, alright.

---Here's my TOP NINE as requested---

Cross BR Playlists (H2, H3):
4v4 Social Skirmish
4v4 Ranked Slayer
8v8 Ranked BTB
4v4 Ranked Hardcore (rotated between H2 and H3)

CE Playlists:
2v2 Ranked Slayer

H2 Playlists:
1vAll Ranked FFA

H2A Playlists:
4v4 Ranked Arena

H3 Playlists:
2v2v2v2 Social Multi Team
2v2 Ranked Doubles

So I was trying to write a more pragmatic list, but I think Jorkman did a good job of that, so instead I tried to list playlists I would actually play regularly. I'm not interested in Halo 4 and I think H2 and H3 are similar enough to include in many playlists together (please no quit). Like I said above I think it's important for MCC to feature at least one list that has One Flag and One Bomb so I'd definitely model Social Skirmish after the H3 playlist of the same name. H3 still gets the most love which seems to be an important theme for these lists. Jorkman's Idea to switch Hardcore between H2 and H3 I think would work great with short seasons, but that might not work with the 1-50 ranking system. Maybe if ranks didn't reset between seasons.
Halo CE
  • Ranked 2v2
  • Social 4v4
  • Social Big Team Battle
Halo 2
  • Ranked Team Hardcore
  • Social 4v4
  • Social Big Team Battle
Halo 2: Anniversary
  • Ranked 4v4Social 4v4
  • Social Big Team Battle
Halo 3
  • Ranked Team Hardcore
  • Social 4v4
  • Social Big Team Battle
Halo 4
  • Social 4v4
  • Social Big Team Battle
Crossplay
  • Team Action Sack
  • Infection
It's more than 9 obviously, but why limit one's self? If you're gonna make a game centered around four, you may as well go all in and simply weed out unpopular playlists over going the Halo 5 launch route with too little. And big issue, why are three games, Halo 2: Anniversary, Halo 4, and CE not having a BTB playlist that's standard? On Halo 4, the least popular Halo on the 360, BTB is STILL the most popular playlist to play in front of Slayer. Not to mention, you're basically cutting out and rarely using a gigantic part of MCC's map pool, including PC ported maps or even DLC, which many don't experience. I don't experience Remnant or Bloodline at all, but an H2A centric playlist would not only solve that, but stop H2A specific achievements from being a crapshoot. BTB is social to many people. And it's kinda sucky it won't be, or isn't planned to be a standard thing for each game. And why is there no H2A social? I love the game and don't want to sweat 24/7.

Basically, add in BTB for every game and add a crossplay subsection for proper rotationals/action sack things. SWAT, Snipers and Grifball don't need to be their own playlists. Make them part of Action Sack or something like it, ala Halo 3. Cut down on lists and put more important stuff at the forefront.
First off, there are way too many people who just play SWAT and Snipers. They SHOULD NOT be in one playlist as they both take skill to play and have no need to be in one playlist. Besides the SWAT & Snipers playlist have huge populations in them. You can’t just mash them all together into one stupid playlist.... Think before you type about these two playlist...
Halo 3 BTB should be a permanent playlist. The far majority of the population who play BTB on MCC want to play Halo 3 only. If you rotate it, the playlist will be dead when it's Halo CE and Halo 4. Nobody who searches BTB wants to play Halo CE or H4, except maybe 5%. Halo 2 BTB isn't so bad, but by far, the most popular game for BTB is Halo 3. Maybe have a Halo 3 ranked BTB playlist and social BTB rotational playlist for HCE, H2, and H4. All I know is, having a permanent H3 BTB playlist is the logical solution since that's what almost everybody wants to play.
This
(4) No ranked for Halo CE since I honestly do not see the competition aspect in it compared to the other titles. As much as I love using the God Pistol, it's not much of a competition 3-shotting people.
If you're that much of a CE god please feel free to come down to the Beach Lan and show people how it's done.
Oh boy. That might quite possibly be the dumbest post I've ever read on Waypoint.

And that's saying something.
OG Nick wrote:
OG Nick wrote:
I think H3 shouldn't get more playlists because of the people who ruin other playlists by quitting when H3 isn't picked.
Halo 3 is the majority of the mcc population of course it deserves more playlist, lets be real the halo 3 community has kept mcc alive the last 3 years.
Lets be real the Halo 3 community is also the biggest bunch of entitled babies in the community. If y'all didn't cry/quit/betray cross game playlists (swat, btb, etc) might still be an option.
343 sadly this is true, as I mentioned early in this thread, the Halo 2 UI for the original xbox live and its playlists were really fun to play. I really miss the clan user interface and the ability to promote members! However a custom game search is really the main reason I’d play halo 3.
Alright so basically im encountering the following. Whether or not they are results of server lag im unaware. The killfeed is having duplicate entries such as when getting a kill or getting killed. Im talking like 2-3 a piece.
Ex. SoCloseToCoast killed player X
SoCloseToCoast killed player X
SoCloseToCoast killed player X
Also, grenades and equipment when being used are having multiple thrown at once. Foe example when throwing a grenade i throw 2 instead of one. Same for equipment. The hit detections good but the spawns seem off as well where spawn flipping isnt occuring when it should.
Jorkman wrote:
The problem is that thousands of fans have been waiting for thousands of things for years, and there cannot conceivably be a playlist to satisfy every single sect of the community. I would happily sacrifice HCE 4v4 or H3 2v2 for another playlist that is judged to be necessary, but from what I understand, those two playlists currently have very vocal proponents right now. I really think this covers the most bases, ESPECIALLY because Hardcore has traditionally been an empty playlist (even more so than H2, which has a relatively low pop).
Sorry but no. Halo 2 players have NO other way to play online halo 2. This is all we have, halo 3 players can technically go back to og h3 if they really wanted to. I wish the original Xbl severs were still up, I would stay in that game and wouldn’t care much for anything else. I’m not sure why alienating halo 2 fans when they have no other option is ok with you. I’m a halo fan and I want everyone to be able to play the game they want to play I implore you to do the same.

Hardcore playlist will always have the lowest popularity, it mainly appeals to the most competitive players. Which are a minority. Gutting H2 playlist that the most die hard of players have been waiting for nearly a decade isn’t a smart move. Remember this game was created for Halo 2’s 10th anniversary if it wasnt for halo 2 we wouldn’t be having this discussion.

Try lobbying for 343 to invest and investigate mixtapes/filters/checkbox so everyone can have their desire playlists before aksing for the removal of a playlist because you don’t play, enjoy, or understand it. You’re not being sensitive to the players that were here from the beginning, CE and H2 players need their respective playlist. CE 2v2 and social 4v4 is an absolute must, as well as H2 hardcore 4v4 and Team Slayer 4v4. Anything else is severely flawed and will set up the game to be officially known as the Halo 3 Collection.

The game population will be fine. Your argument is based on a hypothetical, you have no way of knowing what would be popular when the update finally releases. So before we gut games and their respective audiences from ever attempting to play this game ever again, why don’t we add the absolute essential playlist first? There’s scores of players waiting for this update to be release so they can finally experience ALL of the content with the quality it should’ve had on November 11, 2014.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 15
  4. 16
  5. 17
  6. 18
  7. 19
  8. ...
  9. 22