2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 22
Legitsky wrote:
Postums, with all due respect, are you guys nuts? Your current lineup of the 9 MCC playlists is terrible. No ranked Halo 3 Doubles or Team Slayer is ABSURD. I know that this lineup is subject to change, but news spreading that the two most populated ranked playlists are potentially getting axed is not improving your rapport with fans. Your latest post has not been live for even an hour, and Halo players all across Twitch.TV and Xbox Live are already outraged at your update. You should know by now that word of mouth is a critical aspect for many players' opinions on games, and it doesn't help that your feedback link isn't working for numerous people. Many Halo fans who were not able to participate in the latest flights were already feeling uneasy about these updates, but now a large portion of the community is feeling pushed away as well. I advise you to poll the community and take player feedback BEFORE you post big changes like playlist lineups, because the majority of the community that ins't involved in beta testing The MCC insider program is hearing "My favorite playlists are going to be gone. I can't play the new MCC competitively, and I can't play my favorite Halo in my favorite Halo, so what's the point of even playing?" I did not come here to chastise you for your post. I came here to speak for the part of the Halo community that won't speak for itself, because they are tired of hearing what they don't want to hear. I have read far too much negative feedback on your latest post today. And I haven't even read a single comment in this forum. I hope things change drastically, because my confidence in this update is beginning to waiver as well.
QUOTE REPORT EDIT
That is a huge offering and people are still crying about H3? C'mon every social playlist right now is 90% H3, and when it loses y'all quit most of the time. You want social slayer in H3? Vote it in the social H3 playlist. Cry me a river.
Family wrote:
If you're going to make any playlist ranked in H3 I would not suggest Hardcore. That alienates a large portion of the community that plays H3, and it has a very small population. Making Team Slayer ranked appeals to a larger range of players. Not to mention it offers a myriad of maps if Sandbox, and all of the slayer map variants are added.
Except Team Slayer is garbage and should never be ranked, lol. Team Hardcore being the ranked thing is fine when it's (IIRC) based on MLG settings and is good for comp playing. It's not alienating anybody who actually cares about a rank.
MLG and Hardcore are almost dead playlists. The MLG scene for Halo is an extremely small niche. Making a dead playlist as the only ranked option is going to drive players away.
OG Nick wrote:
That is a huge offering and people are still crying about H3? C'mon every social playlist right now is 90% H3, and when it loses y'all quit most of the time. You want social slayer in H3? Vote it in the social H3 playlist. Cry me a river.
We don't want social have you read any of these post we want ranked doubles and team slayer not just ranked hardcore.
Hey All,
I’m going to make this as quick as possible (hopefully). I’m thrilled with the work going into MCC. Been playing Halo since CE. That being said playlists are a crucial component to the game. I know projected player base and many other things are taken into account when setting the cap at 9 playlists. However, the playlists that were given are rather lackluster and quite basic. So I propose rotating ranked playlists in addition to the rotating social, in which every week, or every other week the ranked/social playlist changes for the game. The playlists could look like so one week:
Halo CERanked 2v2 DoublesSocial 4v4
Halo 2Rotating Social Playlist (Big Team Battle/Arena)Social 4v4
Halo 2: AnniversaryRanked 4v4 SwatSocial 4v4
Halo 3Ranked Team Hardcore (or Ranked Head to Head)Social 4v4
Halo 4Social 4v4

So the playlists would be automatically set up to rotate weekly or bi-weekly, one week would look like the above list, the second week would look like so:
Halo CERanked Team Hardcore (or Ranked Head to Head)Social 4v4
Halo 2Ranked 2v2 DoublesSocial 4v4
Halo 2: AnniversaryRotating Social Playlist (Big Team Battle/Arena)Social 4v4
Halo 3Ranked 4v4 SwatSocial 4v4
Halo 4Social 4v4

Let me know your thoughts about the proposal!
Please don't ever do this.... I don't want rotated ranked playlists. People play rank to grind and get to the top.... And ranked SWAT? Gross. Please keep the ranked playlists the traditional, competitive MLG settings. They really need a 4v4 H2 MLG Playlist like the old Team Hardcore. They also need a 2v2 and 4v4 H1 Playlist.

Great playlist changes. Please don't let the loud H3 forum users drown out the H1 and H2 players.
Family wrote:
Family wrote:
If you're going to make any playlist ranked in H3 I would not suggest Hardcore. That alienates a large portion of the community that plays H3, and it has a very small population. Making Team Slayer ranked appeals to a larger range of players. Not to mention it offers a myriad of maps if Sandbox, and all of the slayer map variants are added.
Except Team Slayer is garbage and should never be ranked, lol. Team Hardcore being the ranked thing is fine when it's (IIRC) based on MLG settings and is good for comp playing. It's not alienating anybody who actually cares about a rank.
MLG and Hardcore are almost dead playlists. The MLG scene for Halo is an extremely small niche. Making a dead playlist as the only ranked option is going to drive players away.
Hardcore playlist is dead because players either want H2 or H3, they don't want both. They don't want to join a playlist and it's unknown what GAME you are going to be playing. As a former H2 MLG player, I hate playing the Hardcore playlist in it's current state because 90% of the time H3 gets chosen.
Great changes to the playlists! Please don’t listen to the people wanting even more H3 playlists.
Legitsky wrote:
Postums, with all due respect, are you guys nuts? Your current lineup of the 9 MCC playlists is terrible. No ranked Halo 3 Doubles or Team Slayer is ABSURD. I know that this lineup is subject to change, but news spreading that the two most populated ranked playlists are potentially getting axed is not improving your rapport with fans. Your latest post has not been live for even an hour, and Halo players all across Twitch.TV and Xbox Live are already outraged at your update. You should know by now that word of mouth is a critical aspect for many players' opinions on games, and it doesn't help that your feedback link isn't working for numerous people. Many Halo fans who were not able to participate in the latest flights were already feeling uneasy about these updates, but now a large portion of the community is feeling pushed away as well. I advise you to poll the community and take player feedback BEFORE you post big changes like playlist lineups, because the majority of the community that ins't involved in beta testing The MCC insider program is hearing "My favorite playlists are going to be gone. I can't play the new MCC competitively, and I can't play my favorite Halo in my favorite Halo, so what's the point of even playing?" I did not come here to chastise you for your post. I came here to speak for the part of the Halo community that won't speak for itself, because they are tired of hearing what they don't want to hear. I have read far too much negative feedback on your latest post today. And I haven't even read a single comment in this forum. I hope things change drastically, because my confidence in this update is beginning to waiver as well.
QUOTE REPORT EDIT
This is why such a preview is being done. To get more feedback and make better decisions on what to do. What areas need changes and which ones don't.
A lot of this list was shaped off of the feedback and data we have already gathered. Players coming and discussing this and saying why we are wrong is a great way for you all to have a voice and I want more people to talk about it.

Part of this process was established by our team on Halo Wars 2 and we are carrying it over to MCC directly. We do a preview ahead of time for feedback, change things based on said feedback, discuss it publicly again, and then have a final patch preview and then update the game.

We are going to be going through all of the feedback we get from this and there will be changes. So if your favorite playlist is gone and you want it - tell me and others about it.

This is a process that as worked very well for us so far and we will continue it here. So, if you don't like something which you clearly do - I very much want to keep hearing it and keep discussing it.
OG Nick wrote:
Voting is removed post update. In exchange, we largely know what we are getting when we play a game. This is meant to solve the quitting issues.
Legitsky wrote:
Postums, with all due respect, are you guys nuts? Your current lineup of the 9 MCC playlists is terrible. No ranked Halo 3 Doubles or Team Slayer is ABSURD. I know that this lineup is subject to change, but news spreading that the two most populated ranked playlists are potentially getting axed is not improving your rapport with fans. Your latest post has not been live for even an hour, and Halo players all across Twitch.TV and Xbox Live are already outraged at your update. You should know by now that word of mouth is a critical aspect for many players' opinions on games, and it doesn't help that your feedback link isn't working for numerous people. Many Halo fans who were not able to participate in the latest flights were already feeling uneasy about these updates, but now a large portion of the community is feeling pushed away as well. I advise you to poll the community and take player feedback BEFORE you post big changes like playlist lineups, because the majority of the community that ins't involved in beta testing The MCC insider program is hearing "My favorite playlists are going to be gone. I can't play the new MCC competitively, and I can't play my favorite Halo in my favorite Halo, so what's the point of even playing?" I did not come here to chastise you for your post. I came here to speak for the part of the Halo community that won't speak for itself, because they are tired of hearing what they don't want to hear. I have read far too much negative feedback on your latest post today. And I haven't even read a single comment in this forum yet. Thus far, I have only mentioned the lack of Ranked Halo 3 Doubles and Slayer. I haven't even begun to acknowledge the issues with the other game specific playlists, rotational playlists, and the fact that there are only going to be 9 playlists total. I hope things change drastically, because my confidence in this update and the future of Halo as a whole is beginning to waiver even further.
QUOTE REPORT EDIT
Slim Haley wrote:
Slim Haley wrote:
I cannot fully express my frustration with this blog update. I do not understand one bit why Halo 3 4v4 and Team Doubles were not first options on that list. They should’ve been engraved permanently before any other playlist considering they are the only ranked playlists that are populated at any given hour of the day 24/7 since they have launched. Majority of the MCC population that is still on this game in 2018 are people that prefer ranked over anything. They are the ones that complained most about the bugs in this game! Casuals really do not know anything about the bugs they wouldn’t even know better. I cannot take this seriously. The Halo: 3 community is the biggest community in MCC. People have put up their own money to host Halo 3 tournaments (2v2, 3v3, 4v4) with plenty of contestants in each tourney over the years! We have went out of our way to keep this game alive. Nearly every twitch streamer that pulls viewers on MCC is streaming Team Doubles or Halo 3 Ranked. I just can’t take this seriously. This is just going backwards. This is not progress. This update will mean nothing if they go all in with these 9 playlists, GG.
It's the biggest part of the community because everyone else left, lmao. Not exactly a good argument for these playlists.
And you’re suggesting they abandon what’s left of the community that keeps the game alive? Great idea!
I didn't once suggest that at all. I'm just saying they shouldn't cater or push all resources to it. Or more than is required.
Postums wrote:
Legitsky wrote:
QUOTE REPORT EDIT
This is why such a preview is being done. To get more feedback and make better decisions on what to do. What areas need changes and which ones don't.
A lot of this list was shaped off of the feedback and data we have already gathered. Players coming and discussing this and saying why we are wrong is a great way for you all to have a voice and I want more people to talk about it.

Part of this process was established by our team on Halo Wars 2 and we are carrying it over to MCC directly. We do a preview ahead of time for feedback, change things based on said feedback, discuss it publicly again, and then have a final patch preview and then update the game.

We are going to be going through all of the feedback we get from this and there will be changes. So if your favorite playlist is gone and you want it - tell me and others about it.

This is a process that as worked very well for us so far and we will continue it here. So, if you don't like something which you clearly do - I very much want to keep hearing it and keep discussing it.
I don't have much to add at the moment, but I appreciate the dedication and loyalty to the fan base. You won't please everyone, but the game is 4 years old and a lot of work is going into it. So, hat tip to you. I'm looking forward to the update when it comes and helping with this current flight.
So based on the feedback I have been reading so far on here, Reddit, Twitter, and hearing on stream Ya'll want something a little bit closer to this list.

Halo CE
  • Ranked 2v2
  • Social 4v4
  • Social BTB
Halo 2
  • Ranked Team Slayer
  • Ranked Team Hardcore
  • Social BTB
Halo 2: Anniversary
  • Ranked 4v4
Halo 3
  • Ranked Team Slayer
  • Ranked Team Hardcore
  • Ranked 2v2
  • Social Big Team Battle
Halo 4
  • Social 4v4
Legitsky wrote:
Postums, with all due respect, are you guys nuts? Your current lineup of the 9 MCC playlists is terrible. No ranked Halo 3 Doubles or Team Slayer is ABSURD. I know that this lineup is subject to change, but news spreading that the two most populated ranked playlists are potentially getting axed is not improving your rapport with fans. Your latest post has not been live for even an hour, and Halo players all across Twitch.TV and Xbox Live are already outraged at your update. You should know by now that word of mouth is a critical aspect for many players' opinions on games, and it doesn't help that your feedback link isn't working for numerous people. Many Halo fans who were not able to participate in the latest flights were already feeling uneasy about these updates, but now a large portion of the community is feeling pushed away as well. I advise you to poll the community and take player feedback BEFORE you post big changes like playlist lineups, because the majority of the community that ins't involved in beta testing The MCC insider program is hearing "My favorite playlists are going to be gone. I can't play the new MCC competitively, and I can't play my favorite Halo in my favorite Halo, so what's the point of even playing?" I did not come here to chastise you for your post. I came here to speak for the part of the Halo community that won't speak for itself, because they are tired of hearing what they don't want to hear. I have read far too much negative feedback on your latest post today. And I haven't even read a single comment in this forum yet. Thus far, I have only mentioned the lack of Ranked Halo 3 Doubles and Slayer. I haven't even begun to acknowledge the issues with the other game specific playlists, rotational playlists, and the fact that there are only going to be 9 playlists total. I hope things change drastically, because my confidence in this update and the future of Halo as a whole is beginning to waiver even further.
QUOTE REPORT EDIT
Family wrote:
Family wrote:
Okay? And none of that counters how stuff that isn't competitive should be ranked. Competitive stuff's always been niche. I've never argued that. It always will be. But that doesn't mean you make a terrible gametype ranked to appeal to people when it's not good for competitive. Because again, you're only alienating those who care about ranks by making poor gametypes ranked. If that dead playlist is the most competitive variation of the game, that isn't the fault of minimal ranked playlists, the game's just unpopular. But don't step down a few notches and make it less competitive just because, or give undeserving playlists ranks.
My Opinion !!! Keep in mind

I feel like this update will do more harm than good, playlist wise. I feel like we need more variety, not asking for 25 playlist. Just want at least 2 ranked playlist for some Halo games. I really do see what 343 is doing, trying to solve the problem with population issues. So they cut down some playlists. And two Halo games only ranked playlist is MLG/Hardcore, which is wrong to me. Most halo gametypes had radar and usually 1-2 playlist had no radar. So why make the only ranked playlist the least out of place. just some points i wanna make real quick.

Halo CE
  1. I'm glad to have another playlist for Halo CE. Team Slayer playlist on MCC was "Halo CE Social Slayer" since CE got picked the most in that playlist.
Halo 2 Classic
  1. I feel this Halo be one of the Halo games to have 2 ranked playlist.
  2. Should be 4v4 TS (Team Slayer) ranked, 2v2 Doubles, and 4v4 Soical Slayer
H2A
  1. Needs at least two playlists for variety. 4v4 ranked is just fine, but add maybe something different like H2A FFA. Just to mix it up, I feel like adding that would help more people play H2A since it would be the only FFA playlist on MCC
Halo 3
  1. Another Halo that needs some playlists be removed/added
  2. Should have 4v4 Ranked TS, 2v2 Ranked, and 5v5 Soical or BTB
Halo 4
  1. This Halo needs more playlists
  2. Why no ranked? I understand this being the worst Halo game ever but its still apart of the MCC Collection. The game isn't called "The Halo CE, H2, H2A, H3 collection"
  3. Add 1 Social playlist like I don't know maybe Action Sack, I feel like Halo 4 has tons of good/fun Action Sack gametypes to offer.
I know that everyone will agree for sure, my goal is to have at least 1 good point that stands out to anyone reading this. And I want my voice to be heard. Also I love Mac n Cheese very very much.

I love where you guys are taking this! This is a huge step forward for this game and I can't wait to see it in action. However, if I had to make some changes to the playlists...

Halo: Combat Evolved
  • Ranked 2v2
  • Social 4v4
Halo 2
  • Ranked FFA
  • Ranked Hardcore 4v4
  • Social 4v4
  • Ranked 4v4
  • Social 4v4
Halo 3
  • Ranked FFA
  • Ranked Hardcore 4v4
  • Social 4v4
Halo 4
  • Social 4v4
Rotational
  • Action Sack (H2, H3, H4, H2A)
  • Infection (H3, H4, H2A)
  • Big Team Battle (HCE, H2, H3, H4, H2A)
Action Sack including non-traditionals like Fiesta, Grifball, Husky Raid, Gungoose CTF, Hot Potato, Shotty Snipers, etc.

It may be a little much, but I think it would please a lot of people. FFA, Grifball, and Infection are all staples to the Halo franchise's multiplayer. Adding Social 4v4 to CE is also something I'm excited for. 2v2s are a bit unbalanced, because if you're searching alone, you're practically screwed from the get go. Most people search in doubles and that makes it so if there's 2 higher ranked CE players searching together, the other 2 searching alone, usually low ranked, get the short end of the stick. 4v4 can provide a casual CE experience, which is what myself and a large group of other people are looking for. Teams will be more balanced and it will overall be a more enjoyable experience.

One thing I did see mentioned is the low population in playlists such as Team Hardcore. With the new playlist updates, are player counters going to be applied? Player counters will make it so people aren't walking blind into a dead playlist.

343, you're making my entire year with this update. These dev updates never fail to get me hyped for what's to come. Keep working hard at it, we all believe in you!

EDIT: Cut down some playlists because of miscounting.
Postums wrote:
So based on the feedback I have been reading so far on here, Reddit, Twitter, and hearing on stream Ya'll want something a little bit closer to this list.

Halo CE
  • Ranked 2v2
  • Social 4v4
  • Social BTB
Halo 2
  • Ranked Team Slayer
  • Ranked Team Hardcore
  • Social BTB
Looks good to me! Love the Ranked H2 MLG Team Hardcore, Ranked H1 2v2, and Social H1 4v4.

I def want H1 and H2 BTB, I just worry about the que times with the current population size. You might have to make BTB one big que or at least split it, like H1 & H2 BTB, and H3 & H4 BTB. Either way, great job!

Halo CE
  • Ranked 2v2
  • Social 4v4
  • Social BTB
Halo 2
  • Ranked Team Slayer
  • Ranked Team Hardcore
  • Social BTB
  • Ranked 4v4
Halo 3
  • Ranked Team Slayer
  • Ranked Team Hardcore
  • Ranked 2v2
  • Social Big Team Battle
    Halo 4
    • Social 4v4
    Looking better, possibly rotate CE and 4 BTB . 4 had some good BTB ... exile anyone?
Slim Haley wrote:
Slim Haley wrote:
I cannot fully express my frustration with this blog update. I do not understand one bit why Halo 3 4v4 and Team Doubles were not first options on that list. They should’ve been engraved permanently before any other playlist considering they are the only ranked playlists that are populated at any given hour of the day 24/7 since they have launched. Majority of the MCC population that is still on this game in 2018 are people that prefer ranked over anything. They are the ones that complained most about the bugs in this game! Casuals really do not know anything about the bugs they wouldn’t even know better. I cannot take this seriously. The Halo: 3 community is the biggest community in MCC. People have put up their own money to host Halo 3 tournaments (2v2, 3v3, 4v4) with plenty of contestants in each tourney over the years! We have went out of our way to keep this game alive. Nearly every twitch streamer that pulls viewers on MCC is streaming Team Doubles or Halo 3 Ranked. I just can’t take this seriously. This is just going backwards. This is not progress. This update will mean nothing if they go all in with these 9 playlists, GG.
It's the biggest part of the community because everyone else left, lmao. Not exactly a good argument for these playlists.
And you’re suggesting they abandon what’s left of the community that keeps the game alive? Great idea!
I didn't once suggest that at all. I'm just saying they shouldn't cater or push all resources to it. Or more than is required.
If I know that a certain playlist or title is doing vastly better or gets voted more then I would put resources into that area. To push unpopular titles or playlists on a consumer and hope it makes them magically like it is not a good business move.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 22