Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection

MCC - Your Top New Feature Wishlist Item?

OP ske7ch

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 82
With the MCC update project well underway I'm really curious what your TOP NEW FEATURE WISHLIST ITEM IS?

This is by no means a promise or a commitment to implement any of these ideas but more an exercise to better understand that IF there are opportunities to evaluate new feature(s), which ones are most wanted by the current community? Again - please do not assume that any of these features would ever make it to MCC.

For now, sky's the limit - IF YOU COULD ADD ANY ONE NEW FEATURE TO MCC, WHAT WOULD IT BE? WHY?

For the sake of discussion, please note the following:
  • Networking and online improvements are already well underway, you don't need to pick that as your top new feature
  • Dedicated servers for all matchmade games is also already in the spec for the update work
  • Bringing MCC to PC isn't considered a feature - we know for sure there's a ton of demand for that, we've heard you there
  • Visual enhancements for Xbox One X are already in the current project scope
Ok, let's hear it. And remember, please be nice and respect the opinions of others. thanks!
More armor customization would be nice, if at all possible.
I would add a server for multiplayer firefight co-op for Halo 3: ODST. The game isn't complete in the MCC and firefight I believe would help boost population and just a bunch of nostalgia back to the roots of firefight.
Reskinning the menu UI is top priority. The menus are just ugly, confusing and not Halo at all. Post game stats, main menus, everything needs a facelift... Because right now it looks downright ugly.

Also a main menu music slider please, Jesus I love MCC but being deafened every time I load it up is frustrating
Custom Games Browser.
Definitely a custom games browser, like said above. I wanna be able to pop into random games when my friends aren’t online.
Rework the menus, possibly something that might evolve between each game's original menus possibly?

EDIT: Added clarification for type of game menus (leaning more towards original)
Ranked swat. Fixing the ban that says I’m quitting matches when I finish every match. Also native 4k for halo 2 anniversary with sixty fps on Xbox one x. Bring halo 4 into team slayer. Make a leveling system that either goes across everything like reach or just in general for multiplayer, would make me replay wayyy more. Update a forge playlist where the awesome Mcc h2a forge maps can be placed into h2a playlist. If possible the same hdr implementation that’s on Xbox one x enhanced halo 3 360 on halo 3 Mcc Xbox one x.
Have a set list of playlists such as Team Slayer, Snipes, Rumble Pit, your standard Halo playlists etc. and let people choose the games they want to search within those standard playlist.
For example: If someone wanted to search Halo 1 and Halo 3 in Team Snipers, they could select those 2 games in the lobby then search that playlist with those games to try and find others with the same set criteria. This is how many people, myself included, thought MCC was going to be in the first place. Doing this will cut down on quitting, dodging, and create a MUCH less toxic environment within matchmaking.

If population is an issue and fear of people not finding matches with what they have selected, at least let it try to search that criteria for a few minutes and then offer an option to expand the search.
1. UI overhaul
2. Armour customisation as it was for each game
3. Options to choose any halo song while searching (c'mon we would all go nuts)
Feature: A reworked menu system.

The current game menu is laid out poorly, very clunky, and not visually appealing.
some type of EXP per playlist like halo 3's 2009 TU 2
A new feature i would love to see is some kind of XP Progression by completing MP matches. Basicly apply the Reach Ranks for XP.

Like Halo 3 did with its unranked and ranked ranks.
Rework the menus and custom games browser.
Armor unlocks through ranks instead of owning them all from the start.
- Party-Up system at the end of matches.
- Public File Share
- Mix and match armor customization with Halo 3 & 4 (Scrap presets)
- Firefight for ODST owners
- Custom Games browser
- Fix Legendary co-op for Halo 2 (it’s like there’s a permanent Iron skull on)
- Add Halo 4’s DLC armor (ODST, Prefect, Mark V, Ricochet)
ske7ch wrote:
With the MCC update project well underway I'm really curious what your TOP NEW FEATURE WISHLIST ITEM IS?

This is by no means a promise or a commitment to implement any of these ideas but more an exercise to better understand that IF there are opportunities to evaluate new feature(s), which ones are most wanted by the current community? Again - please do not assume that any of these features would ever make it to MCC.

For now, sky's the limit - IF YOU COULD ADD ANY ONE NEW FEATURE TO MCC, WHAT WOULD IT BE? WHY?

For the sake of discussion, please note the following:
  • Networking and online improvements are already well underway, you don't need to pick that as your top new feature
  • Dedicated servers for all matchmade games is also already in the spec for the update work
  • Bringing MCC to PC isn't considered a feature - we know for sure there's a ton of demand for that, we've heard you there
  • Visual enhancements for Xbox One X are already in the current project scope
Ok, let's hear it. And remember, please be nice and respect the opinions of others. thanks!
So does the dedicated servers for all matchmade games include campaign? If not, then I wish for dedicated servers for all campaigns!
The ability to customize my button layout would be great. As someone who likes to play Boxer, switching between completely different button layouts each game is still fairly frustrating. More than anything, pressing the B button to throw a grenade while playing Halo CE, 2, and 3, is awful compared to how easy the Halo 5 Boxer layout is. I play Xbox with an elite controller and try to only use one paddle because that is what I find most comfortable. For ever game, I have my paddle mapped to the A button so that I can jump without moving my thumb. This is great on Halo 5 but kind of awful for me on MCC.

If this feature isn’t possible, a universal Boxer button layout similar to the Halo 5 Boxer layout, would be a great addition for someone like me.
Adding the rest of Halo 4's loadout features. There're some perks and weapon skins missing.
Without question, some kind of algorithm that allows one to set preferences for the individual titles they’d like to see when searching a playlist. Similar to the way the “Focused, balanced, expanded” filter works in H5, this would search for three to five minutes for your preferred title (say, Halo 3), the if no match can be found, go to your next preference (Halo 2) etc. One would be able to set order of preference in one’s matchmaking settings. Note this wouldn’t be compulsory and the default MM search setting would be “No preference”.

Hopefully, this would drastically reduce quitting when players get the Halo they don’t want to play. Population would be an issue, I’m sure, but not one that couldn’t be resolved by a games with gold release or a permanent place in the game pass roster.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 82