Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

MCC - Your Top New Feature Wishlist Item?

OP ske7ch

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 102
  4. 103
  5. 104
  6. 105
  7. 106
  8. ...
  9. 134
Proximity chat
I can understand your perspective. However, H2A did add in bloom to some weapons, whereas the original didn't have bloom. There's several things that weren't in the original Halo 2 that are in H2A. I wouldn't say it's a remaster, as much as it is a reimagining of Halo 2. That's why I think at least gadgets should return. Armor abilities are kinda touchy, because some armor abilities replaced the gadgets, and break the balance of the game, like Sprint or armor lock. I think gadgets add more of a tactical choice to your play. A deployable object found on the map, that affects the environment. Do you choose the bubble shield to help defend a capture point, or do you choose the landmine to try to take care of that pesky ghost? I think gadgets would fit in perfectly, especially since it isn't really Halo 2, but more like Halo 4 with a Halo 2 skin on it. It's just my opinion though.
Well, I wasn't really talking about bloom, nor did it really come to my mind, but I went to MCC to check about the bloom and y analysi is as follows: Yes, it's there, but it's pretty much minor. Magnum recovers really fast, SMGs always got that spread, AR is a new weapon, aesthetic for Sniper and likely the same for Needler. Really very minor.
The purity of using nothing else but your weapon, fists and grenades are what made me fell in love with it's MP. If it had the Equipments or ARs from the (previous? following?) games, I wouldn't like it as much.
Yes, it gives you a tactical choice, but sometimes, those new gimmicks come off pretty cheap. I mean, in H3, we had the Bubble shield, a get-out-of-jail-free card. Then in Reach, we had Armor Locke. In 4, we had Hardlight shield. In Halo 2, you would die and no cheap gimmicks would safe you. Even the AI know how to abuse it.
In H3, the Brutes would randomly deploy that Bubble shield that saved them. In Reach, those Brutes and Ultras that would Armor Locke because of the needler or Plasma nade. In 4, those Knights who be shielded by the watcher. See what I mean? Clean, confirmed kills, no get-out-of-jail-free card.
Greatly expand Halo 2 Anniversary's multiplayer. More maps, more armors, more weapons, more vehicles, more everything. Perhaps they could rename it to Halo: Anniversary multiplayer. Using polls, add fan favorite maps from all Halo games, like Valhalla, The Pit, and so on. Add in weapons from more Halo games, like the spiker, Mauler, gravity hammer, forerunner weapons, needle rifle, plasma repeater, storm rifle, plasma caster, plasma launcher, focus rifle, and so on. Add in the gadgets from H3, and the armor abilities from H:R/H4. Add in things like the rocket warthog, the hornet, the falcon, the Spectre, the chopper, the prowler, and so on. Make it the biggest Halo sandbox to date.
I mean, I wouldn't mind adding in some more weapons, vehicles and maps, especially maps... but adding in mechanics from 3, Reach and 4? Have you forgotten what the point of a remaster is? Keep it classic, where it's pure and beautiful.
I can understand your perspective. However, H2A did add in bloom to some weapons, whereas the original didn't have bloom. There's several things that weren't in the original Halo 2 that are in H2A. I wouldn't say it's a remaster, as much as it is a reimagining of Halo 2. That's why I think at least gadgets should return. Armor abilities are kinda touchy, because some armor abilities replaced the gadgets, and break the balance of the game, like Sprint or armor lock. I think gadgets add more of a tactical choice to your play. A deployable object found on the map, that affects the environment. Do you choose the bubble shield to help defend a capture point, or do you choose the landmine to try to take care of that pesky ghost? I think gadgets would fit in perfectly, especially since it isn't really Halo 2, but more like Halo 4 with a Halo 2 skin on it. It's just my opinion though.
I see your point. However, I think the most important feature is adding more maps. After that, what you're suggesting could be interesting, but I think some gadgets such as the shield drainer and the bubble shield go to far away from the Classic version. I'm with SilentRebel in that part, the gameplay now is so perfect while keeping old elements. I wouldn't mind if they just add the mine trap or the radar lock to make Halo 2 Anniversary more complete, although it should preserve the predecessor feel and those features could be seen again in Halo Infinite instead of H2A.
Armor customization for halo 4 when it was in the 360 halo 4 and all the skins like the pre-order ones.
Deactivate the iron skull in the LASO playlists while playing solo. It makes sense that this skull is active in co-op, so you can't just cheese sections by throwing bodies at it, but making you restart the whole mission while playing solo is just... unnecessary. While all of the other skulls modify the actual gameplay to make encounters more difficult, the iron skull doesn't; it only serves to add frustration (especially when at these difficulties, death can come at any time for any reason). SLASO is singlehandedly turned from a fun, challenging game mode to a slog because of this skull.
Deactivate the iron skull in the LASO playlists while playing solo. It makes sense that this skull is active in co-op, so you can't just cheese sections by throwing bodies at it, but making you restart the whole mission while playing solo is just... unnecessary. While all of the other skulls modify the actual gameplay to make encounters more difficult, the iron skull doesn't; it only serves to add frustration (especially when at these difficulties, death can come at any time for any reason). SLASO is singlehandedly turned from a fun, challenging game mode to a slog because of this skull.
The Iron skull is a reason why I won't even attempt them because I know I won't be able do complete them. The difficulty is already very difficult. Why further punish us by restarting the whole thing after a death, something that would be VERY common, especially in H2?
The Iron skull is a reason why I won't even attempt them because I know I won't be able do complete them. The difficulty is already very difficult. Why further punish us by restarting the whole thing after a death, something that would be VERY common, especially in H2?
Yeah... I know I'm not alone here. Especially when deaths can be so random in LASO as is. The worst part is, I truly do enjoy LASO as a mode, but the iron skull ruins it >.<.
Greatly expand Halo 2 Anniversary's multiplayer. More maps, more armors, more weapons, more vehicles, more everything. Perhaps they could rename it to Halo: Anniversary multiplayer. Using polls, add fan favorite maps from all Halo games, like Valhalla, The Pit, and so on. Add in weapons from more Halo games, like the spiker, Mauler, gravity hammer, forerunner weapons, needle rifle, plasma repeater, storm rifle, plasma caster, plasma launcher, focus rifle, and so on. Add in the gadgets from H3, and the armor abilities from H:R/H4. Add in things like the rocket warthog, the hornet, the falcon, the Spectre, the chopper, the prowler, and so on. Make it the biggest Halo sandbox to date.
I mean, I wouldn't mind adding in some more weapons, vehicles and maps, especially maps... but adding in mechanics from 3, Reach and 4? Have you forgotten what the point of a remaster is? Keep it classic, where it's pure and beautiful.
I see your point. However, I think the most important feature is adding more maps. After that, what you're suggesting could be interesting, but I think some gadgets such as the shield drainer and the bubble shield go to far away from the Classic version. I'm with SilentRebel in that part, the gameplay now is so perfect while keeping old elements. I wouldn't mind if they just add the mine trap or the radar lock to make Halo 2 Anniversary more complete, although it should preserve the predecessor feel and those features could be seen again in Halo Infinite instead of H2A.
After thinking about it, I'd have to say I agree with you more now. I do love the classic gameplay, and I think H2A is the basis of what future Halo games should be like. More maps is probably the best direction for H2A, altough, more weapons and vehicles wouldn't hurt too.
After thinking about it, I'd have to say I agree with you more now. I do love the classic gameplay, and I think H2A is the basis of what future Halo games should be like. More maps is probably the best direction for H2A, altough, more weapons and vehicles wouldn't hurt too.
If anything, I'd love a game that has everything. Every weapon, every vehicle, every armor piece, every map, every everything. If I was a developer, I would develop it as a love letter to Halo's multiplayer.
Oh, and if I may add one more thing, please, PLEASE, change Halo CE to it's original Xbox version. Halo CE anniversary runs on the PC version of CE, ported by gearbox software, and there are tons of differences, from AI, to animations, to bugs, to lighting. Especially in multiplayer, the magnum from the PC version is different from the original Xbox version.
my wishlist:
REACH
Odst firefight
veto/voting
BTB playlists for each game, cause when i want to play some blood gulch/ boarding action, i dont want to wait 30 minutes
Customs browser
improved action sack

EDIT:
even if only in customs, it would be cool to be able to load any map into any game. unrealistic? yes, but it would be cool.

also CE forge because I'm petty
I would love it if I could remove the campaign music as I've heard it so much over the years and would rather listen to Spotify.
Well, I'd love for the Halo 2 anniversary beam rifle to use the remastered classic model like in the campaign.
Truth. I'd like that same treatment with the Battle Rifle along with the sound design.
The ability to customize my button layout would be great. As someone who likes to play Boxer, switching between completely different button layouts each game is still fairly frustrating. More than anything, pressing the B button to throw a grenade while playing Halo CE, 2, and 3, is awful compared to how easy the Halo 5 Boxer layout is. I play Xbox with an elite controller and try to only use one paddle because that is what I find most comfortable. For every game, I have my paddle mapped to the A button so that I can jump without moving my thumb. This is great on Halo 5 but kind of awful for me on MCC.

If this feature isn’t possible, a universal Boxer button layout similar to the Halo 5 Boxer layout, would be a great addition for someone like me.
I would also like the ability to customize my button layout or a universal halo 5 zoom & shoot. The current zoom & shoot is so close to the default halo 5 but different enough to be really frustrating when switching between H5 and MCC. I currently remap using the xbox accessories application but that has its own disadvantages. With my remap navigating the menus between rounds or missions is not easy.
Adding Halo Reach to MCC would be great. I have never played but hear the game was great. I would rather pay for DLC in MCC than buy the 360 version of the game.

Adding the requirement for name plates to name plates you have already unlocked. When reviewing new name plates I am never sure what I did to unlock it. For locked name plates it clearly says what you need to do in order to unlock it.
Make all games in every playlist the same Chance of getting.
TOO MUCH Halo 4 and Halo 1 in Team Snipers.
We all know Halo 3 is the best Game
Adding something similar to the exp and XP per playlist that we had in H3, I loved how made me want to continue playing that playlist or start a new playlist.
I would like to have an option to toggle the Halo 2 Anniversary HUD between the classical and the new one. Apart of that, in my opinion there should be a EXP progression system similar to Halo: Reach, 3, 4 or 5.
I would like to have an option to toggle the Halo 2 Anniversary HUD between the classical and the new one. Apart of that, in my opinion there should be a EXP progression system similar to Halo: Reach, 3, 4 or 5.
Da hell do you mean? They're EXACTLY the same.
Da hell do you mean? They're EXACTLY the same.
Sounds like we need some screenshots proving one way or the other. =)
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 102
  4. 103
  5. 104
  6. 105
  7. 106
  8. ...
  9. 134