Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

MCC - Your Top New Feature Wishlist Item?

OP ske7ch

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 114
  4. 115
  5. 116
  6. 117
  7. 118
  8. ...
  9. 132
I would like to see hit registration fixed for the older games. It might be the original code that is bad, but hit reg is very poor in H3.
MCC Skulls

Halo CE
Skull Big Green Style/ The Core/ Reinforcement / Squad
Spawn a marine squad around chief
3 to 4 marines max
have them spawn in the same way a second player loads in when you go to a new area or checkpoint/ The whole teleport thing
Only way to spawn a new to marine would to be killing an enemy
They would follow the player

Note i have always wanted a skull like this for mission like the library that and i always love legendary enemy spawns but felt that it was lacking legendary ally spawns but i don't know how hard it be to put in the game i would think it would treat marines the same way the player spawn maybe like the area needs to safe. That and i'd hope the skull could spawn any marine even Johnson of course. If this was put in the game it make my year.

Skull I Choose You/My Little friend /The Enemy of my Enemy/ Revelation
Halo 3 or any halo with flood
Replace player grenades with a flood infection form that you can toss at enemies
The flood is an ally Even after it infects someone
Notes this one was my friends idea

Halo CE maybe a skull that allows us to have Overshield as are normal shield but doubles the recharge time or makes unable to get health packs

Skulls that i want for other Halos
Skull Bandanna for Halo 3
Streaking for Halo CE
Swarm for Halo 1 to 3
They Come Back Halo 3

Sorry for the long post.
kragh666 wrote:
I would like to see hit registration fixed for the older games. It might be the original code that is bad, but hit reg is very poor in H3.
In my opinion, the only actual solution to this issue is letting us select our regional server (currently it just choose the one with the most population without looking at the ping), as it seems to be a latency problem instead of a code one.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Spoiler:
Show
Spoiler:
Show
ChrisAWJBethel,
You've clearly put some thought into your posts, and I for one, truly appreciate that. Many of your points are interesting and could be good, but I feel like I must disagree on most of your campaign, skull, and par score/time suggestions.

Halo 2 is hard. It's harder on legendary. It's annoying how on coop, Iron is on by default. But it has always been this way, it was always intended this way, and people still play it and complete it.

Skulls that make the game easier, should not allow you to get achievements! Otherwise, what's the point of achievements at all???

And please, do not alter the AI, or starting weapons. The campaigns were a challenge and should remain so.

Modifying the campaigns to add visors or clip size changes, and enable things like vehicle boarding just mess with the games.

The par scores and times are challenging. They are meant to be. The zero score thing when taking too long sucks. But it makes sense. It's not supposed to be easy. And many people have completed this.

Otherwise, you have some really good points.

Cheers!
AshamanND wrote:
ChrisAWJBethel,
You've clearly put some thought into your posts, and I for one, truly appreciate that. Many of your points are interesting and could be good, but I feel like I must disagree on most of your campaign, skull, and par score/time suggestions.

Halo 2 is hard. It's harder on legendary. It's annoying how on coop, Iron is on by default. But it has always been this way, it was always intended this way, and people still play it and complete it.

Skulls that make the game easier, should not allow you to get achievements! Otherwise, what's the point of achievements at all???

And please, do not alter the AI, or starting weapons. The campaigns were a challenge and should remain so.

Modifying the campaigns to add visors or clip size changes, and enable things like vehicle boarding just mess with the games.

The par scores and times are challenging. They are meant to be. The zero score thing when taking too long sucks. But it makes sense. It's not supposed to be easy. And many people have completed this.

Otherwise, you have some really good points.

Cheers!
"You've clearly put some thought into your posts, and I for one, truly appreciate that." Thank you!
"Halo 2 is hard. It's harder on legendary. It's annoying how on coop, Iron is on by default. But it has always been this way, it was always intended this way, and people still play it and complete it."Halo 2 Legendary is not just hard, it's UNFAIR. It's nearly unplayable/unwinnable at times. Legendary is meant to be the ultimate challenge. I concur. I however must state that a challenge can be provided without stripping all forms of advantage from the player. In fact, the advantages given to the player should INCREASE as the difficulty is raised to balance everything out. You can have a challenge without being unfair.
"Skulls that make the game easier, should not allow you to get achievements! Otherwise, what's the point of achievements at all???"Fair point, but I'm requesting the zero multiplier to be removed so those skulls can just be simple non-scoring skulls.
"And please, do not alter the AI, or starting weapons. The campaigns were a challenge and should remain so."No. I disagree. As stated above, you don't have to be downright unfair to be challenging.

"Modifying the campaigns to add visors or clip size changes, and enable things like vehicle boarding just mess with the games."On the contrary, these games need to be modernized to not only match the gameplay mechanics of newer titles but to maintain the consistency of the story.

"The par scores and times are challenging. They are meant to be. The zero score thing when taking too long sucks. But it makes sense. It's not supposed to be easy. And many people have completed this."The scoring system is a complete mess and needs to be returned to its original configuration. It's one of many decisions that will truly enhance and promote replayability in the MCC.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post inappropriate content.
Spoiler:
Show
Except you're not asking for quality of life improvements, you're asking for drastic changes that actively change the experience in a negative way.

No, the things you claim are impossible are not impossible. They are meant to be grueling and difficult and challenging. They are intended to be hard.

They're not going to go back and update things to "modernize" them because that's not the goal of MCC or of the improvements being made. The point of the collection is to play the games in their original state. Not as they would have shipped today.
Except you're not asking for quality of life improvements, you're asking for drastic changes that actively change the experience in a negative way.

No, the things you claim are impossible are not impossible. They are meant to be grueling and difficult and challenging. They are intended to be hard.

They're not going to go back and update things to "modernize" them because that's not the goal of MCC or of the improvements being made. The point of the collection is to play the games in their original state. Not as they would have shipped today.
But surely at least one of the changes I listed could be implemented, right?
ChrisAWJBethel
1/2: Highly requested features that may actually be added, but I don't believe we will see them in the near future. Fixes come first.
3: Halo CE with 4 players would become boring even on Legendary in the Library =P.
5: All I gotta say is Git Gud. Learn they behavior. Each weapon, especially in CE, has their own roles and effectiveness. Changing a SINGLE thing from that game in particular would change the experience.
6: Why should 343 change it to not only make the experience unfaithful to the originals, but make me feel like my pain and suffering (and reward afterwards) got slightly or completely devalued?
8: Not really useful to be honest. Would be interesting but I don't personally see it as useful as in later games. Marines are supposed to rely on you, the Master Chief, to succeed in this game.
13-19: Read 6.
20: You can headshot Flood. Protip: Their headshot point is not in the head.
21: Read 6.
23: If anything it would break it. There were no Jiralhanae or Yanme'e during the Battle of Installation 04. Maybe the Drones could have appeared in some novel (which I still doubt), but Brutes would still break any consistency. There were no Jiralhanae in Thel's fleet.
25: So that you can get the "Legend" achievement through insta-kills with a gun with unlimited ammo that fires Scarab shots? Yeah, read 6 AGAIN.
26/27: Read 6.
29: What do you mean, exactly?
30: Read 6. Thank God this is the last time I'm saying this, jeez.
PC support.
Hello Postums, snickerdoodle, and other 343 peeps! I see and appreciate all the hard work you do.

I would like to have more options as leader when hosting custom games. I currently host and stream 8v8 big team battle custom games. These custom games are gaining popularity, partially thanks to the new improvements to MCC, and I thank you for that! However, each game takes a long time to set up because of the limitations of current features. We need to join party chats to communicate on separate teams and individual players need to change teams when we pick captains/pick teams.

My feature would be a custom game lobby that is more user-friendly for picking teams and communicating.
a. I would like a new feature available to the host to switch a player's team color in a "picking teams" game type, only before the game starts.
b. I think we could improve on the current way a player selects themselves to change their own team.
c. I would like a feature that allows me to invite my whole game lobby to my Xbox live party chat because sending 7-15 individual party invites takes a long time and you might forget who you've invited and who you have not.

Tell me what your thoughts are and if you plan to implement a change like this. I think it would be very helpful to the large population that pick teams in custom games (2v2,4v4,8v8, etc.) and even at main-stage competitions. You can find me in the Big Team Battle Discord @Spruce as well. Thanks again.

-Spruce Gunman
This is supposed to be a remaster not another game
343 please do not listen to any of this waffle, this would destroy the original game
ChrisAWJBethel1/2: Highly requested features that may actually be added, but I don't believe we will see them in the near future. Fixes come first.
3: Halo CE with 4 players would become boring even on Legendary in the Library =P.
5: All I gotta say is Git Gud. Learn they behavior=. Each weapon, especially in CE, has their own roles and effectiveness. Changing a SINGLE thing from that game in particular would change the experience.
6: Why should 343 change it to not only make the experience unfaithful to the originals, but make me feel like my pain and suffering (and reward afterwards) got slightly or completely devalued?
8: Not really useful to be honest. Would be interesting but I don't personally see it as useful as in later games. Marines are supposed to rely on you, the Master Chief, to succeed in this game.
13-19: Read 6.
20: You can headshot Flood. Protip: Their headshot point is not in the head.
21: Read 6.
23: If anything it would break it. There were no Jiralhanae or Yanme'e during the Battle of Installation 04. Maybe the Drones could have appeared in some novel (which I still doubt), but Brutes would still break any consistency. There were no Jiralhanae in Thel's fleet.
25: So that you can get the "Legend" achievement through insta-kills with a gun with unlimited ammo that fires Scarab shots? Yeah, read 6 AGAIN.
26/27: Read 6.
29: What do you mean, exactly?
30: Read 6. Thank God this is the last time I'm saying this, jeez.
  1. That isn't the point; the point is that more people can play together on Halo CE and Halo 2.
  2. "Git gud". That phrase invalidates your entire post. Good job!
  3. Why does a remaster/remake have to be faithful to the originals? Why is it not allowed to be enhanced with newer features, mechanics, enemies, weapons, etc.? Why are you people stuck in this 2001 and 2004 mentality? 343 has the manpower and resources to remake two of the greatest games in history but choose to take the easy and lazy route and just make new graphics and sound. Games need to evolve and change over time, just like any orgainsm on this planet- even if the game needs to be completely remade. The fact that players like you and the rest of the playerbase doesn't grasp this extremely simple concept worries me greatly about the future of gaming. It is obvious to me this future will be bleak.
  4. The Marines and the Chief are supposed to work together to fight the Covenant and the Flood. Yes, he's a supersoldier but that doesn't mean the Marines just sit around and do nothing refusing to pull their own weight.
  5. You sure about that? The game doesn't register any headshots when I shoot the Infection form in its chest.
  6. Then WHY did Bungie retcon their own novels and include Brutes and Drones in Halo Reach?
  7. NO, so that using the skulls wouldn't give you any points but wouldn't penalize your score. Why don't people understand this?
  8. I mean instead of fighting 7 waves of Ultra Elites the player could just do some sort of puzzle like they do in Halo 3.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not bump.
Spoiler:
Show
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not bump.
Spoiler:
Show
Chris,
Using the scarab gun skull to beat the game on legendary, and then getting the achievement for beating the game on legendary, is ridiculous.
Skulls that make the game easier, BY THEIR VERY NATURE, invalidate the spirit of achievements.
Hence, achievements not unlockable when using 0x skulls. Period.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 114
  4. 115
  5. 116
  6. 117
  7. 118
  8. ...
  9. 132