Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

MCC - Your Top New Feature Wishlist Item?

OP ske7ch

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 130
  4. 131
  5. 132
  6. 133
  7. ...
  8. 134
I'd like the Good Samaritan achievement put back into MCC's ODST. And maybe cool ODST armor for my avatar like from the Xbox 360.
Otherwise there are other things but they don't really matter.
ODST Firefight
I would LOVE to see Halo Reach styled Commendations in MCC.
Not like in Halo4 and 5, where you have a commendation for each weapon/vehicle/enemy and maximum is 250 Kills. But in Halo Reach style, meaning you have to get 100.000 precision weapon kills for maximum. Or 4000 vehicle kills, 10.000 covenant kills etc.

I‘d love this for grinding ❤️
Actual armor customization
Population counter.
Appetight wrote:
Population counter.
Ditto that, be nice to know how many people were in each playlist like in Halo 3
ODST firefight, just as it was
Custom backgrounds so I can use the winter background all the time, or whatever one I choose. Also removal of the Halo 2A animations as the background when in multiplayer lobby so I can see the winter background when in lobby. I just like the comfy, warm, dark feeling of being inside at night and looking out into the snow, and I get that vibe with the winter background.
how about a in game poll voting system for new features you want to see come first to mcc
4 character Service IDs
LOCAL ONLY MATCHMAKING SEARCH FILTER FOR THOSE OF US NOT IN THE U.S!!!! (Get this to the top so they see it, guys) It would be a benefit to literally every player.
A customs server browser? And maybe a way to buy a server and host it yourself battlefield style (as long as it’s not subscription based, or maybe each player gets one private server and extras cost money). So I could buy a server and name it “Speed Halo 24/7” with nothing but speed halo in rotation the whole time. Maybe model it off of halo 5 pc?
Definitely not a server browser for other stuff though. If people can see how unpopulated certain modes are then they will die
I would live in that server lol.
EU Tripper wrote:
how about a in game poll voting system for new features you want to see come first to mcc
This would be perfect.
One thing I would like to see in a future update when Halo 4 get ported to PC, alongside Reach Firefight Matchmaking, ODST Firefight Matchmaking (if they decide to port this into the MCC) is adding Matchmaking support for Spartan Ops on Xbox and PC. Now I know this mode is probably the least popular of the entire collection but I think it could use some of the new progression system love when they add this to the MCC. Technically for Halo 4, its the closest Firefight mode we have for the game but its technically like a campaign in a mission format, but if matchmaking was added in, the mode would certainly get much more attention and be played alot more than right now, which you have to manually get other players to play with you to play it. It can work like the old Reach Firefight matchmaking or the campaign matchmaking in which it chooses random missions. It also supports 4 players like with ODST and Reach already. Probably wouldn't be a bad idea with the new UI coming is to place Spartan Ops under the same menu as Firefight to keep it organized.

Also I hope they also can eventually consider adding in matchmaking support for all of the six Halo Campaigns like how they had it on the 360 Reach, this would help in certainly getting the annoying LASO playlists finished! For the LASO playlist in recruiting others, maybe 343 can find a way to see about getting matchmaking support with the playlists.
One thing I would like to see in a future update when Halo 4 get ported to PC, alongside Reach Firefight Matchmaking, ODST Firefight Matchmaking (if they decide to port this into the MCC) is adding Matchmaking support for Spartan Ops on Xbox and PC. Now I know this mode is probably the least popular of the entire collection but I think it could use some of the new progression system love when they add this to the MCC. Technically for Halo 4, its the closest Firefight mode we have for the game but its technically like a campaign in a mission format, but if matchmaking was added in, the mode would certainly get much more attention and be played alot more than right now, which you have to manually get other players to play with you to play it. It can work like the old Reach Firefight matchmaking or the campaign matchmaking in which it chooses random missions. It also supports 4 players like with ODST and Reach already. Probably wouldn't be a bad idea with the new UI coming is to place Spartan Ops under the same menu as Firefight to keep it organized.

Also I hope they also can eventually consider adding in matchmaking support for all of the six Halo Campaigns like how they had it on the 360 Reach, this would help in certainly getting the annoying LASO playlists finished! For the LASO playlist in recruiting others, maybe 343 can find a way to see about getting matchmaking support with the playlists.
You literally just named the reason ODST's Firefight wasn't as easy to play/popular. If they bring ODST Firefight to MCC I'd love to see matchmaking for it as well. I'll cheer to that.
I love Halo MCC, but the only complaints/feedback I have about Halo: The Master Chief Collection is:

• We need 4 Player Coop options in Halo Combat Evolved and Halo 2
  • Classic Halo CE Graphics need to look more like it did on OG Xbox instead of the -Yoink- PC Port
  • There should be Ranked Playlists for all Halo games so people can choose (Halo 4 included)
  • Allow people to exit coop campaign without kicking everyone back to the lobby and have to start the mission over
  • Achievement LFG/Social Hub for those interested in MCC, with Achievement Board for friends in-game. (Bragging Rights)
  • Put in the Last Missing Story Mission in Halo 2 Anniversary which got cut out in Original Release due to Time
  • More order/fix in the Achievements area with more sorting methods, like in Halo Waypoints Service Record.
  • Possibility to watch others Service Records with Achievements when going into their profile in the Menu

I want to expand on Coop LASO a bit, if Join in Progress were to be added to every halo campaign (Halo 5 has this feature) this would certainly make LASO WAY less risky than it already is with the current Peer to Peer hosting system, which is not very stable. Going to dedicated servers is what is needed now for the Coop campaigns. I know the point of LASO is to basically get through every mission theoretically without dying like its real life with the Iron Skull on (I know LASO is NOT real life exactly but its just a metaphor) and its the most hardcore mode, but one issue with finding people to play in this if they have not played these for the first time and don't know what to expect is that it takes a long time to just get good at it to just study and watch videos online to get through it, to grind super slow through each encounter and how to get past them. If a join in progress feature could be added, you could jump at any point of the mission and would make it more fun I think, especially if they could add 3-4 player Coop for CE and 2, would make getting through those alot more doable than it is right now with only 2 players.
I love Halo MCC, but the only complaints/feedback I have about Halo: The Master Chief Collection is:

• We need 4 Player Coop options in Halo Combat Evolved and Halo 2
I'm torn on this. I know it can be more fun to play with more people, but it changes how the games would play. It makes Legendary Achievements less meaningful. And it would probably require a good bit of work. I'd pass on this personally.
  • Classic Halo CE Graphics need to look more like it did on OG Xbox instead of the -Yoink- PC Port
I don't disagree that it could be better, but you should try to give some specific examples, it would help them a lot more.
  • There should be Ranked Playlists for all Halo games so people can choose (Halo 4 included)
I agree with this. But the problem is definitely population. If playlists that aren't popular stay in forever, people tend to not play them. Making them rotate in and out on a regular basis though - that would help. People gravitate to things when they are limited time. Perhaps having a proper rotating schedule to ensure each game has a ranked playlist at least 3 different months of the year would be a good step. Then, if population is high enough, maybe they could stay.
  • Allow people to exit coop campaign without kicking everyone back to the lobby and have to start the mission over
100% agree. Problem is that this requires a whole rework of the coding for the older games especially. It's a tall order, and maybe one day they'll get to it. But it isn't game-breaking so not on the top of their list. I hope it can happen one day though.
  • Achievement LFG/Social Hub for those interested in MCC, with Achievement Board for friends in-game. (Bragging Rights)
Would be a cool feature! There are some score and time leaderboards in game right now, I think - but they are buggy. Expanding on this would be neat - or adding additional functionality onto Waypoint could work too. (Changing UI in game isn't as simple as we'd like it to be).
  • Put in the Last Missing Story Mission in Halo 2 Anniversary which got cut out in Original Release due to Time
This would be great, but no idea what state that mission is in. Might require a ton of work.
  • More order/fix in the Achievements area with more sorting methods, like in Halo Waypoints Service Record.
YES PLEASE, THANK YOU!!!!!!
  • Possibility to watch others Service Records with Achievements when going into their profile in the Menu
Also yes please!
Pure HALO Multiplayer. Simply put, matches where Spartans do not fight Spartans. Spartans against Covies. This means playable Grunts, Elites, Jackals, Brutes, Drones, and even Hunters. Assault and Defend or Hostage Rescue game types with these combinations. Assault and Defend would mean 3 rounds. For example, and I am making this up as I type so excuse the gaps in thought, but a game would be Assault on a Covenant Cruiser. The goal is to reach the reactor core and blow it up in a set amount of time. Scoring exists for other items besides winning the round such as kills, grenade sticks, assassinations, etc. Spartan team can pick 3 infil points. Then second round is Covey assault on UNSC cruiser. Same goal, reactor core. In the event of a 1-1 split after 2 rounds, team with lowest score votes to assault or defend on the 3rd round. In any event it is a game mode that more closely resembles lore with UNSC against the Covenant.
Pure HALO Multiplayer. Simply put, matches where Spartans do not fight Spartans. Spartans against Covies. This means playable Grunts, Elites, Jackals, Brutes, Drones, and even Hunters. Assault and Defend or Hostage Rescue game types with these combinations. Assault and Defend would mean 3 rounds. For example, and I am making this up as I type so excuse the gaps in thought, but a game would be Assault on a Covenant Cruiser. The goal is to reach the reactor core and blow it up in a set amount of time. Scoring exists for other items besides winning the round such as kills, grenade sticks, assassinations, etc. Spartan team can pick 3 infil points. Then second round is Covey assault on UNSC cruiser. Same goal, reactor core. In the event of a 1-1 split after 2 rounds, team with lowest score votes to assault or defend on the 3rd round. In any event it is a game mode that more closely resembles lore with UNSC against the Covenant.
Sounds to me like you are going to enjoy when Reach is finalized into MCC and Invasion is live!
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 130
  4. 131
  5. 132
  6. 133
  7. ...
  8. 134