Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

MCC - Your Top New Feature Wishlist Item?

OP ske7ch

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 131
  4. 132
  5. 133
  6. ...
  7. 134
AshamanND wrote:
Pure HALO Multiplayer. Simply put, matches where Spartans do not fight Spartans. Spartans against Covies. This means playable Grunts, Elites, Jackals, Brutes, Drones, and even Hunters. Assault and Defend or Hostage Rescue game types with these combinations. Assault and Defend would mean 3 rounds. For example, and I am making this up as I type so excuse the gaps in thought, but a game would be Assault on a Covenant Cruiser. The goal is to reach the reactor core and blow it up in a set amount of time. Scoring exists for other items besides winning the round such as kills, grenade sticks, assassinations, etc. Spartan team can pick 3 infil points. Then second round is Covey assault on UNSC cruiser. Same goal, reactor core. In the event of a 1-1 split after 2 rounds, team with lowest score votes to assault or defend on the 3rd round. In any event it is a game mode that more closely resembles lore with UNSC against the Covenant.
Sounds to me like you are going to enjoy when Reach is finalized into MCC and Invasion is live!
He he I played it back on the 360. Love it. Invasion and in some ways Invasion Slayer were on my mind when I wrote the post. Its just that I also want the entire Covenant in there playable. Hunters, Grunts, the whole shebang :)

But in the mean time, Reach Invasion is actually on the Insider schedule for tonight. So happy!
Here is the downside with game types like Invasion. It feels like a game type. It's fun, but there is zero immersion. There is zero respect to the lore. It doesn't feel like a mission. When I am playing games like Invasion in Halo Reach I am always aware it's just a game. I think the trick is to place game goals inside of a mission. Look at Invasion. First of all, only the Covenant gets to deliver a bomb. Anyone that has read just a few of the Halo books has probably come across the UNSC, Spartans in particular being the ones delivering a bomb. Second, if the Covenant were going to deliver a bomb to a UNSC facility or ship, they would bring their own. It wouldn't have to be gathered on site from UNSC resources which is basically what occurs in Invasion.

The idea is to have this more story/realism based and still be fun at the same time. It isn't that difficult.

The other thing you want to do is promote teamwork. You cannot force work in a game. That's been attempted and it never works. You have to entice players into working together. One of the faults with Invasion and quite a few other game modes is imore medals are given for running around on the battlefield and killing enemies as if you were in a Slayer match than are provided to individuals that actually work to achieve the overall objectives such as delivering the bomb during Invasion.
Quote:
The idea is to have this more story/realism based and still be fun at the same time. It isn't that difficult.
Except I think it is a bit difficult.
They've tried to make MP part of the lore recently, and it just fuddles things up.
Here is the downside with game types like Invasion. It feels like a game type. It's fun, but there is zero immersion. There is zero respect to the lore. It doesn't feel like a mission. When I am playing games like Invasion in Halo Reach I am always aware it's just a game. I think the trick is to place game goals inside of a mission. Look at Invasion. First of all, only the Covenant gets to deliver a bomb. Anyone that has read just a few of the Halo books has probably come across the UNSC, Spartans in particular being the ones delivering a bomb. Second, if the Covenant were going to deliver a bomb to a UNSC facility or ship, they would bring their own. It wouldn't have to be gathered on site from UNSC resources which is basically what occurs in Invasion.

The other thing you want to do is promote teamwork. You cannot force work in a game. That's been attempted and it never works. You have to entice players into working together. One of the faults with Invasion and quite a few other game modes is imore medals are given for running around on the battlefield and killing enemies as if you were in a Slayer match than are provided to individuals that actually work to achieve the overall objectives such as delivering the bomb during Invasion.
So I don't think we should have to sacrifice game modes and gameplay just to fit lore. Halo is a game first. But in way of fitting lore into the game you're right, things don't add up and all I have to say to that is the only invasion gamemode we can base this off of was made 10 years ago. I'm sure it would me far more polished a second round through.

I think what they could do to fix the objective/team work problem is have the objective medals be worth more progression xp while playing their respective game mode while making the other basic medals worth less. That way what ever you're playing, you're being rewarded for not only doing good, but doing what you're supposed to be doing
Lleighvack wrote:

So I don't think we should have to sacrifice game modes and gameplay just to fit lore. Halo is a game first. But in way of fitting lore into the game you're right, things don't add up and all I have to say to that is the only invasion gamemode we can base this off of was made 10 years ago. I'm sure it would me far more polished a second round through.

I think what they could do to fix the objective/team work problem is have the objective medals be worth more progression xp while playing their respective game mode while making the other basic medals worth less. That way what ever you're playing, you're being rewarded for not only doing good, but doing what you're supposed to be doing
I just finished a 4 hour Flight of Invasion. Its smooth. On very minor lag incident which could have a myriad of causes in 4 hours. If this is a beta then the final deployment to the MCC is on course and looking great. But it is still Invasion and it still feels like a game mode. HALO is a game first. I agree. Fun first. You can have a game mode but not lore driven. You can have a lore driven feature that doesn't play well. Or you can have both. What is the last shooter that had a lore driven multiplayer mode?...cricket cricket. Why not be the first people to do that. It would work and give you the fun at the same time. It would also make sense.
Lleighvack wrote:

I just finished a 4 hour Flight of Invasion. Its smooth. On very minor lag incident which could have a myriad of causes in 4 hours. If this is a beta then the final deployment to the MCC is on course and looking great. But it is still Invasion and it still feels like a game mode. HALO is a game first. I agree. Fun first. You can have a game mode but not lore driven. You can have a lore driven feature that doesn't play well. Or you can have both. What is the last shooter that had a lore driven multiplayer mode?...cricket cricket. Why not be the first people to do that. It would work and give you the fun at the same time. It would also make sense.
What I meant by a 10 year old invasion is that it's the same game type from halo reach. And if it's in halo 6 they'll probably add more lore friendly things to it as well as freshen up what entails the objective of the game mode and how it's paced. Also Halo 5's whole thing was to make multiplayer based around the lore of the game I.E. "wargames" I don't think a lot of what they did worked in halo 5. 343 has this tendency to take an idea and generalize it for everything rather than come up with (in maps example) 15 unique maps in different settings than finding way to implement lore into them. I love lore, I'm a total halo lore junky, I would much rather them have to come up with cool stories and map environment objects for lore than just say yeah here's war games and there's 16 maps but there's really only 8 because half of them share the same layout. There's a lot of that problem in halo 5 were it's just copy and paste with some tweaks to fill up necessary space
I'd love to see the original ranking systems in each Halo game (that has one) put into the game. Especially when Reach comes to MCC. It would be cool if in Halo 3 we had to earn individual armor pieces again and if completing all vidmaster achievements in MCC gave you recon. I hope Halo Reach will bring back the credit system. Oh, and Firefight in ODST and Reach.
Lleighvack wrote:
Lleighvack wrote:
What I meant by a 10 year old invasion is that it's the same game type from halo reach. And if it's in halo 6 they'll probably add more lore friendly things to it as well as freshen up what entails the objective of the game mode and how it's paced. Also Halo 5's whole thing was to make multiplayer based around the lore of the game I.E. "wargames" I don't think a lot of what they did worked in halo 5. 343 has this tendency to take an idea and generalize it for everything rather than come up with (in maps example) 15 unique maps in different settings than finding way to implement lore into them. I love lore, I'm a total halo lore junky, I would much rather them have to come up with cool stories and map environment objects for lore than just say yeah here's war games and there's 16 maps but there's really only 8 because half of them share the same layout. There's a lot of that problem in halo 5 were it's just copy and paste with some tweaks to fill up necessary space
Tried to cut down on some of the space above :)

Having lore in an MP type isn't enough for what I am discussing. Technically every HALO MP game employs lore. Yes Invasion is the same game plus the integration into the MCC we played 10 years ago. I like it. But Generator Defense in Reach was closer than Invasion and closer than anything done in H5 though it still misses the mark. They tried it to some degree with Spartan Ops in H4 but that suffered from the design, the writing, as well as the unbelievable limitations imposed. I won't even talk about technical matters such as what they did with the hosting for that game type and the unplayable lag.

But the game type I am discussing does start with a mission. Not a goal for the game. A mission statement. Design is built around fun but its also built around immersion. And one of the keys in being able to immerse players is by limiting the number of flags that pop up and remind players, "Hey this is a game!" Time limits in Invasion are based on what? A time limit. That's it. Why? Because games have time limits and in this case it is supposed to drive the player's actions...though a lot of people are more interested in racking up kills than accomplishing objectives. But the blatant timer is quite artificial so one thing you have to create is a method to impose a time limit on a round that isn't based on a clock but rather by events. Here is something else I am just making up right now - Imagine Covenant riding a Scarab to target and destroy a main planetary defense battery that was too protected by ADA and orbital guns to allow a strike from orbit or an aerial assault. Spartans have to get past Covenant ground defenses then board the mobile Scarab (jumping from ledges or Pelican drops) and destroy the power core before it reaches and fires on its target. Lots of holes in that because its off the top of my head but I think the point is there. It is an instance of a timer not being imposed by an arena announcer because, "its a game dude" but rather driven by mission events. It has the same time but you aren't pecking the player on the shoulder with a timer but instead events drive actions.

With all of the game types they have, I would just like to see something that goes a different direction than another 4 vs 4 or BTB. Look at the Scarab in HALO 2. Why not have Covenant troops defend the Scarab as it moves to its target. Spartans have a time limit to In this age of copycat game making and everyone screaming about Battle Royale (Thankfully that is dying down) it would be nice to see a gritty original mode in a game avails itself of the wonderful world they have constructed with the HALO universe.
If they are going to in some way save Cortana, then I would like her to receive what amounts to reset back to the way she was in HALO CE. Maybe that is what they save. Her original core program. Yes AI are supposed to evolve. Yes AI are self determinant and select their own look. But Cortana is designed by and from Halsey who was quite business like her entire life and career. In HALO CE Cortana was not designed to be some character for 12 year old boys to ogle on the internet. She wasn't sexualized. Cortana was a smart aleck trouble making pixie that would get into an enemy battle net and wreak havoc because "They have no idea who they're messing with."
The Reach MP world population heat map.

It would be really cool to see that heat map back in the MCC. And it could even be enhanced in the following way:
- Now we can toggle which games and game modes we want to play in MM. It would be nice if that hear map updated along with the MM option selection.

Imagine this scenario:
You pick H2 and H3 from the games and Slayer 2v2 from the other options.
The heat map shows you how many people in the world play that same game mode.
I wish new achievements added to tmcc
GYS GHOST wrote:
I wish new achievements added to tmcc
With Reach, you will have your wish.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not discuss/share modifying or hacking content on an Xbox console or PC.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Ranked Swat for Halo 3! For the love of all things holy... There are so many of us that want this.
Well, I have a few wishes.

Campaign:
Add all skulls to all campaigns. If it's a skull that can be used on one campaign, it should be usable in all campaigns (unless literally impossible).
Halo CE graphical glitches fixed. For those of you who dont know, CE anniversary is based off the Gearbox PC port of CE. There are several graphical glitches in the original graphics, and glitches with the A.I. Speaking of graphics, the Anniversary graphics need to be touched up/redesigned in some areas. I'm looking at you, untextured hallway in "The Library" that lets you see through the map. Also, the mood of some places has been ruined/altered drastically.
Also; cutscene animations need touched up. Perhaps in the far future, Blur can redo the cutscenes for all the Halo games on the collection, but that'd be years from now, and cost quite a bit.
A major glitch I've noticed has to do with the Arbiters' first person view model in H2 anniversary graphics. His hand clips through his leg if you look down, but only in the anniversary graphics. Chief's hand doesn't do the same.
Multiplayer:
Customs browser. I know this is already confirmed to be coming, but still.
Map editor for CE/2. Now this is a hard one. I'd like tools that would let us modify CE and 2 multiplayer maps, like forge for them. Placing weapons, vehicles, powerups, changing spawns, objective locations, etc.
I know that'd be incredibly difficult, but it would still be nice.
ODST/REACH FIREFIGHT. With forge-able maps (if possible)
in depth armor customization for Halo 3/4.
Halo 4 DLC armors (ODST, Mark V, Prefect, Ricochet)
This applies more to the Steam version, but custom content. If someone creates a high quality multiplayer map or set of armor, we should have the option of getting it on console.
Misc:
Halo 5 integration. Halo Wars 1/2 Integration. Halo Spartan Assault/Strike Integration. Digital versions of the novels available to read in the extras menu for doing certain things in game. Model viewer.
Every one of these isachievable, and I hope to see them implemented on both the Xbox and PC as each game is ported to PC:

Halo CE
  • Lighting adjustments so that switching between Classic and Anniversary mode isn't as jarring.
    E.g. Classic Truth and Reconciliation (the ship interior) should brightened while Anniversary Library and 343 Guilty Spark should be darkened
  • Fix all gameplay and visual differences introduced in the PC port - AI trees, crewman outfits, fog, lighting and texture issues, etc.
  • Add more maps into mutliplayer playlists
  • Make PC mods available for download on Xbox - Including SPV3
  • Either have the option to enable classic audio into the game or add missing audio (such as the Covenant transmitter sounds or treading-on-ice sounds) into the game
  • Fix the camera angle during the Jenkins cutscene in the 343 GS level that shows the dead marine standing upright. In the original game, this was done much better.
Halo 2
  • Eliminate glitches introduced when porting MCC to PC, including Elites dual-wielding
  • Fix Miranda and Johnson's dialogue during Tartarus' fight
  • Delete the opening and closing Halo 2 Anniversary cutscenes created to advertise Halo 5
  • Add in-game subtitles
Halo 3
  • Add more helmets and armour
    E.g. A police helmet based on the one from ODST, a pilot helmet from the Hornet pilots, an intermediate Air Assault variation to fit the Mark VI's style (inspired by both Reach's Mark V(B) variant of the AA and Halo 4/5's Gen 2 AA, etc.
  • Make armour fully customisable as it was in the original game
  • Make two-player splitscreen full-screen instead of adding black columns on the sides
  • Have theatre working as it did in the original game
  • Add in-game subtitles
Halo 3: ODST
  • Add Firefight with Johnson included
  • Fix the campaign so that Sadie's terminals always appear
  • Add in-game subtitles
Halo 4
  • Make armour fully customisable as it was in the original game
  • Add missing armour types (ODST, Mark V and Prefect)
Miscellaneous
  • Allow guests and non-Xbox-Live-Gold accounts to play as the second, third or fourth splitscreen players in online multiplayer
  • Fix the UI so that Halo 4's Spartan Ops is more prominent with the cinematics clearly intended to be watched before playing each chapter
  • Make the terminals and Spartan Ops cinematics available in game
  • Allow players to choose whether classic or Anniversary soundtracks play during the menu
  • Add the option to turn the music up or down in every game - Halo 2 classic music is too quiet compared with Halo 2 Anniversary
  • Add campaign playlist customisation
  • Add cross-game campaign playlists in chronological order with ODST's levels before Halo 3
  • Add mod support for every game
  • Add original credits and final cutscenes at the end of each game
  • Make the loading screens less spoiler-ish
    E.g. Delta Halo showing the Halo ring before it is revealed in the following cutscene, 343 Guilty Spark and Two Betrayals' levels descriptions spoiling the following levels
    No level should include a summary to the player before playing it for the first time (or first time in a long time)
    Perhaps reintroduce the classic loading screens from the original games
Halo CE
  • Either have the option to enable classic audio into the game or add missing audio (such as the Covenant transmitter sounds or treading-on-ice sounds) into the game
I'm absolutely with you on this one. I know it seems like nitpicking, but I really used to love those Covenant transmitter sounds (the ones that should emit from those rectangular-ish purple computers with antennae, right?), as well as the treading-on-ice sounds you've referenced. On a similar note, I've even noticed that most of the teleporters in CE:A multiplayer maps do not make the ambient "humming" sort of sound that they made in the original CE when you stand near them (even the Halo PC port from Gearbox retained these sound effects); in fact, Boarding Action (strangely enough) is the only map that I recall which still has this teleporter sound playing at all in MCC.

I know these are super low-priority asks, but it would be awesome if either 343 or a community modder could fix/re-add these sound effects at some point in the future.
Every one of these isachievable, and I hope to see them implemented on both the Xbox and PC as each game is ported to PC:

Halo CE
  • Lighting adjustments so that switching between Classic and Anniversary mode isn't as jarring.
    E.g. Classic Truth and Reconciliation (the ship interior) should brightened while Anniversary Library and 343 Guilty Spark should be darkened
You can say that to every Forerunner structure in the game in Anniversary. The Library would be much better with that treatment.
  • Add the option to turn the music up or down in every game - Halo 2 classic music is too quiet compared with Halo 2 Anniversary
Just give us expanded audio options. It just SUCKS that we can't change Master, SFX, Music or Dialogue options in ANY Halo game (minus 5). It'd love to blast any song I want from Spotify with normal SFX and Dialogue levels without any in-game soundtrack ruining it.
More custom game saves. Why did they limit the game map saves to 50??? It's my hard drive space on the local drive, so why can't I save as much as I want? I can see the limit for upload space for file share, but what's the deal with my local drive???
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 131
  4. 132
  5. 133
  6. ...
  7. 134