Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

MCC - Your Top New Feature Wishlist Item?

OP ske7ch

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 49
  4. 50
  5. 51
  6. 52
  7. 53
  8. ...
  9. 132
A server browser would be cool as hell. Maybe also an option to toggle the menu UI style between each game, like the halo 3 menu with the halo 3 and the halo 4 menu with the amazing halo 4 soundtrack .☺
That's all I can think of right now. Thank you for offering the halo community a chance to give input to the MCC.
JaredLevi wrote:
cross platform PC mac and Linux support, or at least a PC release!!!!! If halo online can exist than a port of the MCC can to don't let 343 lie to you.
Halo Online was cancelled
A customs browser like Halo 5's so we can join public custom games and public forge sessions. This isn't the only thing I want to be added/fixed but you said one thing and a customs browser is definitely something a lot of people would love to see in the near future.
Firefight all Halos
I would really like spartan ops being(or h4 in general) being balanced out a bit, like make more enemies spawn the more players are in the game, and less enemies the few players are in the game, because if you dont have anyone to play spartan ops with the constant incineration/fuel rod cannon spam really gets old quick, another issue i had with mcc is the lack rewards and progression system, like in halo 4 you could level up your spartan and choose specializations amd all that and leveling up gave you a level point(i just call it that) where you could buy armor abilities, support upgrades, loadouts and grenades with, mcc simply doesn't have such a thing and gives you everything right of the bat, which make the time you play the game much less.

Long story short:
Add a leveling up system(with rewards) and balance out spartan ops a bit when you play with less players(if possible), and PLEASE don't only think about competitive side of halo like halo 5
PS: i really like how you guys(343) asks what ppl like changed/added now, instead of just changing random/unnecessary stuff👍
I would really love to see some more Halo 2 Anniversary maps.
I saw in the community update that the voting system is being removed. This is great news, as the voting system has always been a bad idea and promotes stale gameplay. However, please add the veto option back. It was the perfect balance of no player control vs. almost total player control.

If 8/8 players don’t want to play Orbital on Halo 3, they should have one re-roll. Literally no large group of people disliked the veto system, and so I have no idea why we haven’t seen it since 2007. Completely stripping the player of all input as to the game and map they’re playing is not a good idea. Not to mention that the veto system was an integral part of Halo 3 matchmaking, which is the undeniable game of choice in MCC.

Thanks for your continued work and listening to our feedback!
Hi 343i.

This is my second post on this topic. Today I read the “MCC Development Update #2” and was thoroughly glad. One thing I wish to say:

While I understand that a Halo 3 Anniversary (similar to Halo 2’s breathtakingly beautiful version) was not mentioned in your short list, I sincerely hope it is being solemnly considered as a future feature.

There are naysayers to this, and to them, I say depart—for you never knew Halo. Some opposers express their opinion based on necessity, ie “there are more important things to be done (so therefore it should not happen).” But I pray the average person sees through this atrocious logic. Halo 3 Anniversary is absolutely needed; both for the seriously needed graphical facelift, but mostly out of respect. “Good is the enemy of great” here. Halo 3 is currently good. It deserves better. It deserves it’s rightful Anniversary. Remember Halo 3’s “Believe” advertisement campaign? Remember “finish the fight”?

This post isn’t so much for the players here—because most of them probably do not fully appreciate H3. Indeed. One glance through the forum is heartbreaking—and disgusting. This post is for the people at 343i, and I wholeheartedly pray someone takes note of my words here and pushes for H3 Anniversary. It’s the right thing to do.

If you’ve forgotten, rewatch the “Believe” campaign for the original release of H3. Then look me in the eyes and tell me H3 doesn’t deserve its Anniversary.

If you build it, they will play. Halo 3 deserves better. I hope someone in power realizes this.
Option to DISABLE menu music.
I am down for Halo: Reach being added and maybe the custom browser... but man oh man if reach gets added I will be playing MCC everyday! As Reach in BC is TOOO laggy and should most certainly be added to MCC for the better framerates and Resolution. Also reading your post about to continuing to grow MCC in the future wouldn't be a bad idea to add all Halo FPS games as they become legacy titles so us fans can play all the legacy titles in one collection separate from what ever the main game is at the time.. so maybe also add Halo 5 in the future once Halo 6 is the current game. as that won't be that bad if you do make each game a separate download so its not one HUGE download at once
So no voting system? Does that mean a different BTB Playlist for each game? I don't think that's going to work out very well with population numbers. And regarding BTB, I would suggest taking out CE. The maps are too big and not fun. And it never gets voted for anyway. And I've seen people say you should include a halo 5-like true skill system. Do not do this. Keep it social and ranked to 50. Don't overthink it. And my last suggestion is obvious but needs to be stated: dedicated servers are a must. Every game seems to be peer to peer.
This may not necessarily be a feature but this has really bugged me about MCC since Day One when I got it. I HATE that you can’t mix and match armor pieces for Halo 3 and 4 like on the original games. I also didn’t like how the emblems went. So if I play OG Halo 3 and my emblem is the wasp the way I customized it, it was on my armor in game. In MCC, I noticed that you can customize an emblem, but in game all red team has the same emblem and all blue team has the same emblem. What is the point in making it if it isn’t there in game? I know these aren’t major but I hope they can be tweaked to show different pieces of armor and custom emblems in game.
Things I think are needed;
  • Custom-Games Browser with intuitive filtering system.
  • Re-implementation of the Veto system for Matchmaking.
  • Visible Ranks.
  • Party system (H3) or remain together (Reach) post-game.
  • Playlist population counters.
  • System-Link / LAN option for offline.
  • Customisation options brought up to par with their original counterparts.
    (Further customisation options for H2A's MP - Spartans & Elites both).
  • U.I. overhaul (Reach is a good baseline, especially for lobby / stat-sheet design).
  • General cleanup / maintenance (Removal of H5: Beta option, for example).
Things I don't think are needed but would be greatly appreciated;
  • Terminals viewable in-game (being booted out to the 'Halo Channel' each time is irritating to say the least).
  • Separate options for 'Classic / Remastered' soundtrack and visuals for H2A, as it is for CEA.
  • Implement Firefight from ODST and add to Matchmaking.
  • Add Spartan-Ops to Matchmaking.
  • New remastered maps for H2A MP.
And finally, while not a feature, I think Xbox's Games Pass service would be a great opportunity to give the MCC some positive exposure and drive up those much needed population numbers. MCC's reputation is its biggest obstacle so the team behind this revamp need to make a big deal about it when the time comes else it'll all be for naught.
Please add the ability to view armor and colorations in a 3D view like halo 3 did. Instead of leaving us to guess how the colors will look until we see them in game. (which we cant really since we are in first person)
More armor customization would be nice, if at all possible.
and be able to view colorations of the armor set in a 3d view like halo 3 did.
well id like to fully customise my player for each game not have it pre made actually unlock the armour to because its just boring if we have everything separate game multiplayer like you click on halo 2 you only get halo 2 games or at least a preferred game halo reach at 1080 im cool with 30 fps just want 1080 a level up system along with a custom browser maybe do something no other halo has done before in my opinion not like 5 tho
i truly love that you guys are coming back to this game or games as gamer we are spoilt and want everything the way we want it or we throw a fit and leave the game you guys did not even need to come back to this game but you did i truly admire you guys what i put above is not what im asking but a preference to keep me playing this game i dont care if its in or not i just want this game to be fun hope we will see you guys playing the game when its fixed maybe even a cool new piece of armour or achievement that ive played with you
I made a post In this thread earlier about playlists, but something I’ve thought about is how cool it would be to play the Halo 2 E3 demo... I remember as a kid how awesome and amazed I was by it. Then being disappointed when I realized I wouldn’t be playing that level after all. I know it was considered for the initial release of MCC. But it was crazy buggy. I know it doesn’t tie into the final game of Halo 2. Just to experience it would be amazing. I’m sure other people have the same thoughts? Maybe this could be a further future consideration for release. I’m even to the point where I don’t care if I have to play through how it was scripted. It would just be amazing to play it with my own controller...
So no voting system? Does that mean a different BTB Playlist for each game? I don't think that's going to work out very well with population numbers. And regarding BTB, I would suggest taking out CE. The maps are too big and not fun. And it never gets voted for anyway. And I've seen people say you should include a halo 5-like true skill system. Do not do this. Keep it social and ranked to 50. Don't overthink it. And my last suggestion is obvious but needs to be stated: dedicated servers are a must. Every game seems to be peer to peer.
I disagree with Halo CE. The problem is people have given up on trying to play Halo CE and Halo 2 in btb. Hence why it rarely gets voted over Halo 3. Some of the Halo CE maps are pretty huge. But the fact that several people leave Halo CE games because they don’t want to play it just amplifies the problem with finding people on those big maps to shoot at. Just my thoughts.
Dear 343i,
I Saw The Community Update: Wow.

You actually did consider some of the things we wanted. Thats Amazing. I know there not 100% confirmed but the fact that youd actually spend some time to think about it is great.

Just please do add:
Expanded Customization (Based of the original games at their launches)
New Expanded Progression/Ranking/LevelingUp System
The Missing Content of Halo 4
Halo 3 Veto System
Xbox Anywhere (MCC for P.C)

And if it is in anyway possible, add Halo Reach and Halo 3: ODST Firefight to the MCC.
Allow to custom matchmaking, for example:
- Halo 1 + Halo 2
- Halo 1: 4 vs 4 instead of 2 vs 2
- Halo 1 only, not ranked
- Play with people which has the same rank (-5 / +5 or maybe -10 / +10)
- Play with people in the same country/zone

Change the ban system (AFK, quit, betray...):
- Do not ban a player which quits because he is alone vs 4
- Allow to ban in Halo 1
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 49
  4. 50
  5. 51
  6. 52
  7. 53
  8. ...