Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection

MCC - Your Top New Feature Wishlist Item?

OP ske7ch

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 84
  4. 85
  5. 86
  6. 87
  7. ...
  8. 88
FERRDO wrote:
  • Original Halo: CE HUD elements
Like in the OG Xbox?
FERRDO wrote:
Like in the OG Xbox?
Right exactly. Halo 2A seems to have these unaltered, it would be nice for consistency.
FERRDO wrote:
FERRDO wrote:
Like in the OG Xbox?
Right exactly. Halo 2A seems to have these unaltered, it would be nice for consistency.
What consistency? The ones in MCC is simply an HD version used in CEA, just like H2A.
FERRDO wrote:
What consistency? The ones in MCC is simply an HD version used in CEA, just like H2A.
Thinking something like this (sorry about the copy+paste, not sure how to create links):
Spoiler:
Show
FERRDO wrote:
FERRDO wrote:
Spoiler:
Show
Honestly, what's really the point if we have an HD version? OG Xbox is simply a bit brighter, seems to be a bit transparent and isn't HD.
There are geometry differences and coloration. Honestly, it's not a big deal but something I thought to mention either way. Getting the classic SFX would be much higher on the priority list.
I've got another feature that I wish to be added to MCC. I would like the option to have the original loading screens for each game, particularly Halo CE and Halo 2. If implemented it could be like the option to have the graphics in classic or remastered. This isn't a neccessary feature and I understand that this probably sounds really stupid to add but those original loadings screens have this amazing feel of nostalgia even if it's for a few seconds as the game loads. There's nothing wrong with the current loadings screens for MCC they all look great. This would just be another option for players.
Controller Settings
  • The Default Halo 3 Recon control scheme for the MCC should be fixed so that descending the Hornet reflects the original Halo 3 scheme instead of using the Left Bumper (which feels very awkward)
  • The Default Halo 4 Recon control scheme in the MCC should reflect the original Halo 4 Recon scheme so that using the armour abilities, especially the jetpack, is more natural. Really not sure why this was changed
Unopening Doors in Campaign
I can't remember all the instances exactly, but I've been playing through Halo 1 and 2 on the MCC with someone, and we're finding that certain moments are not being triggered. I've played Halo 1 and 2 on the original Xbox and never once had these issues. One example is that 343 Guilty Spark is not always opening some doors on the Library causing us to have to revert checkpoint.

Please fix!
Controller Settings
  • The Default Halo 3 Recon control scheme for the MCC should be fixed so that descending the Hornet reflects the original Halo 3 scheme instead of using the Left Bumper (which feels very awkward)
  • The Default Halo 4 Recon control scheme in the MCC should reflect the original Halo 4 Recon scheme so that using the armour abilities, especially the jetpack, is more natural. Really not sure why this was changed
Unopening Doors in Campaign I can't remember all the instances exactly, but I've been playing through Halo 1 and 2 on the MCC with someone, and we're finding that certain moments are not being triggered. I've played Halo 1 and 2 on the original Xbox and never once had these issues. One example is that 343 Guilty Spark is not always opening some doors on the Library causing us to have to revert checkpoint.

Please fix!
You should post bug reports such as the unopening doors, on the MCC flight 3 campaign issues forum.
This thread is pretty big so I might come across as redundant, but here's a couple of features I think would be cool;
  • An FOV slider. I know most players use TVs, but the option would help a lot for people like myself who use monitors for the most part, and it'd be a help for Halo 4 in general considering the screen space some weapons take up.
  • Classic Loading Screens. I admire the attempt to create a unified experience between the games, but I think some of each game's individual personality has been lost in the process. Having the classic loading screens between matches or Campaign missions would go a ways to improving this without affecting the games themselves.
  • Reach style File Browser with a tag and search system.
I'd like to see more content for H2A as well; Containment, Terminal and Waterworks specifically.
Halo: Reach
USCRuss72 wrote:
Controller Settings
Unopening Doors in Campaign I can't remember all the instances exactly, but I've been playing through Halo 1 and 2 on the MCC with someone, and we're finding that certain moments are not being triggered. I've played Halo 1 and 2 on the original Xbox and never once had these issues. One example is that 343 Guilty Spark is not always opening some doors on the Library causing us to have to revert checkpoint.

Please fix!
You should post bug reports such as the unopening doors, on the MCC flight 3 campaign issues forum.
I'm not part of these flights though (HDD issues, I won't get into right now). For all I know, they're already fixed.
More customization would be awesome. I hope to see something about this in the future.
I think that each game should have its own playlists with populations listed. Each game could have a slayer, swat, infection, and btb playlist and it would be awesome. and then also the crossgame ones you guys are working on. This would help with unbalanced games, because lobbies would contain only players that are looking for that specific game, so less quitters.
I got another Suggestion:
STOP MAKING PLAYLISTS ROTATIONAL AND JUST KEEP THEM IN.
Dont you see how many are complaining about how Snipers is barely in Halo 5??????
Team Snipers is one of the Main Playlist and removing it would be the dumbest -Yoinking!- idea ever.
Dont you see how many are complaining about how Snipers is barely in Halo 5??????
Team Snipers is one of the Main Playlist and removing it would be the dumbest -Yoinking!- idea ever.
You need to balance population though - there's no point keeping playlists permanent if nobody is playing them, so you swap them out for things that people will play and rotate them round. If a rotated playlist proves to be popular enough then it can be considered for adding back into the permanent pool.

Dr. Menke regularly posts the most populated playlists for Halo 5 in the weekly matchmaking updated in the matchmaking forums, you should have a read through the archive and see where a lot of those playlists were / are sitting
stckrboy wrote:
You need to balance population though - there's no point keeping playlists permanent if nobody is playing them, so you swap them out for things that people will play and rotate them round. If a rotated playlist proves to be popular enough then it can be considered for adding back into the permanent pool.

Dr. Menke regularly posts the most populated playlists for Halo 5 in the weekly matchmaking updated in the matchmaking forums, you should have a read through the archive and see where a lot of those playlists were / are sitting
I find a game in Team Snipers MCC in atleast 30 seconds every single time i search,
when i try finding games in Swat Doubs H2C or even Team Halo2 Anniversary im waiting atleast 5 to 10 minutes.
Maybe there should be a way to see how many people are actually playing a playlist instead of listening to not even a 3rd of people who play the game.
I dont think that everyone who plays MCC knew about the Survey, and i bet if there wouldve been an announcement that people wouldve voted way different.
Youre making the exact same mistake in MCC as you did in Halo 5 and thats why Halo 5 is losing on population.
BGM Menu that Lets us hear ALL soundtracks of ALL the Halo Games, everybody will love it. of course it needs to be split up into there respective games with a playlist and shuffle system
I dont think that everyone who plays MCC knew about the Survey, and i bet if there wouldve been an announcement that people wouldve voted way different.
Surveys have been widely broadcast on multiple social networks and forums, including here and beyond, and I'm sure it was mentioned on live streams as well.
Improved ranking system

Halo 3 had the best ranking system so far and I would like to see it implemented into MCC. While it wasn't perfect it still would be a whole lot better than how MCC's Ranking system is set up. I'm tired of beating 50's in match making and not ranking up. It honestly make me not want to play ranked matches.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 84
  4. 85
  5. 86
  6. 87
  7. ...
  8. 88