Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

[Locked] MCC - Your Top Playlist Wishlist Item?

OP ske7ch

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 24
I'd love to get a CE/H2 BTB playlist. I never get to play BTB on either game.
Remove SMG/AR starts from all playlists and ALWAYS allow a player to spawn with a precision weapon. H2 is borderline unplayable with SMG starts and removing auto only starts in general would make things much less snowbally.
What I want is the removal of cross-game playlists, but since everybody already knows the problems associated with them (i.e. Halo 3 70% of the time), I'll give my second most desired change: no more AR/SMG starts.The lack of utility weapons off-spawn does not promote variety, as some people wrongly assume. Without a BR, players are unable to fight other players outside of close-quarters. Additionally, if one team gets the BRs on the map, it is very difficult for the other team to win, as precision weapons give you a major advantage in automatic starts. AR/SMG starts stifle variety instead of promoting it.

The worst example of automatic starts is Halo 3 KOTH. Currently, players only receive ARs at the start in this gametype, at least in BTB. While AR starts suck in general, at least players get a magnum as their secondary in slayer ARs. KOTH with only ARs makes matches on large maps extremely frustrating, since a couple players with BRs can pick off the enemy team without getting any resistance. I find it very hard to believe that only allowing players to have an AR off-spawn wasn't an oversight.
While I'm not sure if it quite fits the description of what you're asking for, I'd seriously appreciate it if all gametypes featuring SMG/AR starts for Halo 2 & 3 respectively were removed from matchmaking. BR starts for both games simply offers a superior experience.
Split up BTB and Infection, and have H3 BTB, CE,2,4 BTB, H3 Living Dead, and 2,4 Infection. These playlists play pretty differently game to game and it usually appears that people prefer one or the other.
Add a rank to Swat
A Halo 3 only BTB playlist
Halo ce and halo 2 BTB only
change Halo CE playlist to 4 v 4 (slayer and objective)with pistols and no radar of course
No, 2v2 is not only what CE's spawn system was designed for but it plays best. I agree that the 4v4 playlist should be readded but removing 2v2 is dumb.
Matawann wrote:
Wish for each game to have their own set of playlists Halo: CE, Halo 2, Halo 2 Anniversary, Halo 3, Halo 4, and mixed game. Each game containing a list of multiplayer playlists respective to their game. For example, you see the list of Halo games pop up, I want to play some Halo 3 multiplayer, so I select Halo 3 and its own list of playlists pop up like Team Slayer, Big Team Battle, Team Objective, Infection. Maybe I want to play Halo 4, so I select Halo 4 and its selection reveals its own playlists like Infinity Slayer, Regicide, Flood, Dominion.
THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT I WANTED TO WRITE.
but besides that, just a refresh of the playlists. Consolidate as much as possible to have a healthier population.
Matawann wrote:
Wish for each game to have their own set of playlists Halo: CE, Halo 2, Halo 2 Anniversary, Halo 3, Halo 4, and mixed game. Each game containing a list of multiplayer playlists respective to their game. For example, you see the list of Halo games pop up, I want to play some Halo 3 multiplayer, so I select Halo 3 and its own list of playlists pop up like Team Slayer, Big Team Battle, Team Objective, Infection. Maybe I want to play Halo 4, so I select Halo 4 and its selection reveals its own playlists like Infinity Slayer, Regicide, Flood, Dominion.
THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT I WANTED TO WRITE.
but besides that, just a refresh of the playlists. Consolidate as much as possible to have a healthier population.
This is such a good if it can work
Matawann wrote:
This. It allows people to seek out the experience they want. Right now if I want to play Halo 2 BTB, I may end up stuck playing through games of Halo 3 ( A common complaint I know but bear with me). After a few games of Halo 3 BTB, I'll lose all desire to play Halo and just hop onto another game. Giving each game their own set of playlists can help players avoid that fatigue of playing the game they don't want to play while hoping to get a specific game in a playlist.
ske7ch wrote:
Hey folks - I know there have been a lot of threads on Waypoint and elsewhere over the years with all manner of feedback and suggestions specifically for MCC's playlists. While I've seen a lot of that (and the team has a pretty extensive ongoing list), I'd still like to rekindle the conversation now that we're in the process of updating the title.

So, here's the question of the week for you - If you could change ONE and ONLY ONE thing with MCC's playlist offerings, what would you change and why?Please keep it to only one thing - I want to know what's MOST IMPORTANT to you. It also helps me stack rank and aggregate vs. everyone posting 5 paragraphs (you can do that elsewhere in this forum!). Also this is about playlists specifically - not things like "I wish I didn't disconnect" or "add a custom games browser."

IMPORTANT NOTE: Please skip over the common and oft-reported issue of the current veto system - the team is aware and is already planning to address the issue MCC currently has with basically nothing but Halo 3 ever getting chosen in matchmaking. ASSUME THAT ISSUE WILL BE SOLVED. So, WHAT'S THE OTHER ONE MAIN WISHLIST ITEM YOU HAVE FOR MCC PLAYLISTS?Please keep your comments constructive and as always, be nice and respect the opinions of others. Thanks!
I'd change the Mixed playlist H2/H3/H4. I have always wanted them to have separate playlists for TS and maybe CTF for each game.
Game specific BTB.
I'd like to see more objective play for BTB. Add the one game mode with the bases from Halo 4 too. I really miss that mode.
An updated Action Sack would be cool too.
Progression system, earn exp for both ranked and unranked.
This will keep the game alive for years
Would love to see the doubles playlist offer more maps. Please also lower the weighting on Assembly. That map pops up more than every map and it’s not that fun.
Co-op Campaign matchmaking
More of the original halo 3 maps in team doubles, Blackout, Foundry, Snipers, and Vessel.
- Remove Banshee from Ascension
- No smg starts in Halo 2 playlists
- Remove radar from Halo 2 playlists
- Remove radar from H2A playlist
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 24