Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

[Locked] MCC - Your Top Playlist Wishlist Item?

OP ske7ch

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 20
  4. 21
  5. 22
  6. 23
  7. ...
  8. 24
Please improve fair and balanced matches in MM. If ONE thing happens to the playlists, I would like it to be this. This is so vital for the longevity of the game.

• Players of equal skill need to match each other and
  • Parties need to match their equivalents (eg teams of 4 should only go against teams of 4). At the absolute minimum, a team of four 50s in a playlist should try to be matched against a party of three and a one, or two twos, and in any scenario, within a similar skill range. Parties of four 50s should not be pitched against four random level 1s.
I understand players who say this will slow down matchmaking due to the poor population. But honestly, is a faster search time really worth it? What's the point of getting into a game quicker if players quit and you're left in a 4v1 situation with the game ending 50 to 14? It just ends up getting boring and frustrating to everyone involved. And for the less experience/ casual players, they're not going to stick around long if they get dominated every game.

I'd definitely recommend watching Tommy Kost's videos on youtube about this.
There is but one game type i would love to see return is Head Hunter from Halo Reach. Seeing that in other games/modes would be very interesting. As for Halo 3 i am still waiting for something amazing on that front.
Screw playlists, just get this crappy game where is was supposed to be at launch.
A custom campaign playlist would be awesome
I want a rotating weekly hopper. FFA, Multi-team, Dominion, title specific modes, Rocket Hill, Actionsacky gametypes, etc. Just something new every week.
Free for all and lone wolves.
Rumble Pit with all halo games included would be my main choice, Multi-Team 3v3v3v3 would also be cool like the old Halo 2 playlist.
ske7ch wrote:
Hey folks - I know there have been a lot of threads on Waypoint and elsewhere over the years with all manner of feedback and suggestions specifically for MCC's playlists. While I've seen a lot of that (and the team has a pretty extensive ongoing list), I'd still like to rekindle the conversation now that we're in the process of updating the title.

So, here's the question of the week for you - If you could change ONE and ONLY ONE thing with MCC's playlist offerings, what would you change and why?Please keep it to only one thing - I want to know what's MOST IMPORTANT to you. It also helps me stack rank and aggregate vs. everyone posting 5 paragraphs (you can do that elsewhere in this forum!). Also this is about playlists specifically - not things like "I wish I didn't disconnect" or "add a custom games browser."

IMPORTANT NOTE: Please skip over the common and oft-reported issue of the current veto system - the team is aware and is already planning to address the issue MCC currently has with basically nothing but Halo 3 ever getting chosen in matchmaking. ASSUME THAT ISSUE WILL BE SOLVED. So, WHAT'S THE OTHER ONE MAIN WISHLIST ITEM YOU HAVE FOR MCC PLAYLISTS?Please keep your comments constructive and as always, be nice and respect the opinions of others. Thanks!
PLEASE! Add tanks back into BTB maps, they are the highlight of the game!
My most important playlist is ranked and non ranked 4v4 Halo 1.
Infividual playlists for all games, like halo ce btb and halo ce 4 man teams. I dont want to have to tisk playing halo 4 while playing btb.
reach is needed
STOMPDOWN wrote:
343- I have a strong feeling this update will be the last MCC will ever see again.
The main goal for this thread is to gather feedback for what people want to play and to help determine how many people are being vocal about it. We can see what hoppers are the most popular and how many are playing games in them regularly, but that may not involve the sentiment of what players feel for the playlists that have been created.

I'm currently going through and creating a spreadsheet based on the feedback of what the fans are wanting most in regards to playlists from this wishlist thread to help form the updates to playlists going forward. We are actually wanting to regularly update the playlists going forward and definitely have no intention of this being "the last MCC will ever see again."

So this is a simple ask to players of what would they like to see in rotation.
Would love to see a MLG playlist for Halo 2 Anniversary exclusively.
Simple:
4v4 (Slayer, CTF, KOTH, Assault, Fiesta, 1-side game modes, etc):
* CE
* Remix (Includes all games)
8v8 (BTB, KOTH, CTF, Assault, Territories, 1-side game modes, etc):
* CE
* Remix (Includes all games)
I would like more Halo 2: Anniversary maps and playlists I have played h2a in big team battle literally once in my entire time of playing this game.
Postums wrote:
STOMPDOWN wrote:
343- I have a strong feeling this update will be the last MCC will ever see again.
I'm currently going through and creating a spreadsheet based on the feedback of what the fans are wanting most in regards to playlists from this wishlist thread to help form the updates to playlists going forward. We are actually wanting to regularly update the playlists going forward and definitely have no intention of this being "the last MCC will ever see again."

Excellent. Good to know there will be continuing support. I have one concern with just gathering data from this thread alone. Not all, but many of these forum goers are newer fans or just don’t get it. I gather that information based on the requests I’m seeing. I mean, people are STILL asking for Reach and single game cross playlists. BTB this works. 4v4 it doesn’t. I’m trusting your ability to discern quality feedback from the rubbish.

I hardly see any mention of Halo 2 ranked snipers. However, it had a very strong population during its time and a huge number of players I hadn’t seen in years came back when MCC released thinking/hoping it was gonna be a thing. Is there any way you can find data that supports my claim to implement such popular classic playlists? I feel like the only voice for this playlist. But I know it would have a strong population, especially if H2 gets fixed properly.
-Free For All Playlist. Unranked and parties up to 8, just like in Halo 3's Rumble Pit where you can play with up to 7 friends.
-Halo CE 4v4 Team Slayer, Unranked
-Free For All Playlist. Unranked and parties up to 8, just like in Halo 3's Rumble Pit where you can play with up to 7 friends.
I would destroy you in some Halo CE 4v4 😁🎮
I would destroy you in some Halo CE 4v4 😁🎮
LOL! In a 4v4, probably. I've never been a team player. 1v1 though, keep dreaming
How about a Campaign/Spartan Ops playlist? Similar to Reach; 3 voting options, all the same mission and you vote on the difficulty. Have all 5 campaigns, plus Spartan Ops in the rotation.

I know the campaign playlist probably wouldn't be feasible, so a more realistic idea would be to just add community made H2A remakes of other Halo maps into rotation. Turf, Midship, and Foundation all deserved remakes in this game, maybe some based on Halo 1, 3, and Reach maps too (Damnation, Guardian, or Uncaged anybody?). Imo H2A multiplayer is the best Halo, however the severe lack of maps is a major drawback.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 20
  4. 21
  5. 22
  6. 23
  7. ...
  8. 24