Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

[Locked] MCC - Your Top Playlist Wishlist Item?

OP ske7ch

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 21
  4. 22
  5. 23
  6. ...
  7. 24
Please improve fair and balanced matches in MM. If ONE thing happens to the playlists, I would like it to be this. This is so vital for the longevity of the game.

• Players of equal skill need to match each other and
  • Parties need to match their equivalents (eg teams of 4 should only go against teams of 4). At the absolute minimum, a team of four 50s in a playlist should try to be matched against a party of three and a one, or two twos, and in any scenario, within a similar skill range. Parties of four 50s should not be pitched against four random level 1s.
I understand players who say this will slow down matchmaking due to the poor population. But honestly, is a faster search time really worth it? What's the point of getting into a game quicker if players quit and you're left in a 4v1 situation with the game ending 50 to 14? It just ends up getting boring and frustrating to everyone involved. And for the less experience/ casual players, they're not going to stick around long if they get dominated every game.

I'd definitely recommend watching Tommy Kost's videos on youtube about this.
implement for ranked only. Sbm killed social in h5....... I like Mcc because it searches fast. Don’t slow down matchmaking
Please improve fair and balanced matches in MM. If ONE thing happens to the playlists, I would like it to be this. This is so vital for the longevity of the game.

• Players of equal skill need to match each other and
  • Parties need to match their equivalents (eg teams of 4 should only go against teams of 4). At the absolute minimum, a team of four 50s in a playlist should try to be matched against a party of three and a one, or two twos, and in any scenario, within a similar skill range. Parties of four 50s should not be pitched against four random level 1s.
I understand players who say this will slow down matchmaking due to the poor population. But honestly, is a faster search time really worth it? What's the point of getting into a game quicker if players quit and you're left in a 4v1 situation with the game ending 50 to 14? It just ends up getting boring and frustrating to everyone involved. And for the less experience/ casual players, they're not going to stick around long if they get dominated every game.

I'd definitely recommend watching Tommy Kost's videos on youtube about this.
One of the issues why people quit though is cross game playlists. You can't force teams to only match other teams in cross game playlists because what if they can't find another team to go against? People often team up in Team Slayer and BTB to play the game they want. It's pretty much the only effective way to play anything besides Halo 3 in BTB. People also quit because of the game that their playing not because their playing against a team. I've had example going in solo or as a team and the minute something besides Halo 3 wins one or two people quit right away. This causes other people to quit in the match because their at a disadvantage number wise and creates a "Domino" effect of quitting. I've been in plenty of games where I've dominated in Halo 3 Inn TS where the final score is 100 to 50 with no quitters or score two flags in 2 minutes and there is no quitters. Now if that happens in any other game besides Halo 3 people will quit like crazy. It's not the team causing quitting its the cross game playlists that cause quitting.
Please give me at least one option to play original game types without BR starts.

Original Team slayer across all games (prefer halo 2 and 3)
Original Team Objective across all games (again, prefer 2 and 3)

or if you think it would split the player base too much then combine them into one playlist.

Just please give me an option to play the original, unaltered game types. I'll literally accept anything!
Bring back 3v3’s please.

For playlists that have a max player count of 8 the minimum should be 6. This will help match games faster especially in the less commonly played playlists or simply if it’s just taking too long to match 8 people.
Halo CE 4v4 pistol start Team Slayer and Objectives in separate playlists. Just like back in the day when I would carry my tv, xbox, and 100 ft cat5 cable to a friends house and game all night! Halo CE and H2 were my life as a kid haha
I would be ecstatic if AR/SMG starts didn't exist in ranked playlists.
So it seems the new update will introduce separate playlists for all 4 games. So Halo 3 slayer will be separate from Halo 2 slayer. Which is great!

But is there going to be a crossplay list option for all games? Because there should be. Choose all games, shorter wait times, choose specific game, longer wait times but guaranteed to play the game you want.

Some gametypes aren't populated enough to split between 4 games it feels. So I hope the options for all are still going to be included. Would hate to see something like Infection turn into a ghost town because of the split, a game mode which absolutely benefits from cross game playlists.
I've read a couple comments and would like to add my own:
  • For Team Slayer playlist, get rid of SMG start gametypes. Instead, have BR start and Team Duals. Starting with SMG while the other team has BRs is bogus.
  • Add a BTB Action Sack playlist. I love Gungoose in BTB. I just want some wacky fun and big explosions.
  • Make BTB less prone to being a H3 fest.
I'd love to see some firefight!( like from reach) My wife only plays online with me if I beg an plead and and threaten to throw the Xbox out the window, then she'll only play firefight. ( y'all are way to Merckey for her, lols) Since we've acquired mcc she has immersed herself with campaign achievements, but those can only last so long... C'mon guys, save me from forever playing reach! Although, reach ain't bad at all, I love mcc, even when it glitches. As a longtime halo player, it's really sweet to see all of chiefs games in one current place,( I don't have to dig out the old Xbox outa the closet to play ce!!! ) now hook up da fiyafights!... pretty pweeze?!
I really would like to see a 4v4 h1 playlist with slayer and obj. Also I really would like to have the original sound effects back for h1. I really miss the tink tink sounds of grenades and the beefy ar sounds... and the explosions!! Please bring back og Xbox sounds for ce!!
A few things I would like to see now that I have read through the latest update. When I unlock a nameplate or emblem, I never know which one is the new one that I have now. If there was a way to mark it as "new" or something. Also, once that is unlocked include how it was unlocked through some sort of text. All we have now is "Select 'A' to apply this" or something like that. I can't remember how I unlocked it and maybe I did something cool on accident and want to be reminded. I'm excited to see what actually happens!
Reach Firefight
Take King of the Hill out of Big Team Battle entirely
I just want to be able to play H1:CE 4v4 pistol starts no radar, BG CTF.
ske7ch wrote:
-snip-
In lamest terms...MCC players having a method to find other like minded players through a functional matchmaking system that also enable newcomers to thrive in a healthy learning experience.

There does not need to be more than 10 playlists in MCC. Users should be able to check with Halo games they're comfortable playing as well as if the match will add or subtract from their rank in that playlist.
In the CE playlist, the Classic Team Slayer gametype still has kill penalty turned on (you move slower as you get more kills). It would be great to have kill penalty turned off in MM.
I would add in FFA.
I'd like to see two rotational playlists; one that leans more heavily towards competitive (Snipers, Swat, etc.) and one that leans more towards casual (Rocket Race, Juggernaut, etc.).
halo 2 classic br playlist is perfect to introduce the big update
Maybe make the Ranked playlists feel like it IS ranked, give it a competitive feel, I just feel like every playlist is a social experience.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 21
  4. 22
  5. 23
  6. ...
  7. 24