Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

[Locked] MCC - Your Top Playlist Wishlist Item?

OP ske7ch

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. ...
  9. 24
My Top Wishlist item for MCC would be to have a ranked solo playlists. Doesn't matter if it's called Lone Wolves, Rumble Pit, or simply Free For All but having the right gametypes is a must. You could have maps like Hang Em High, Damnation, Midship, Lockout, Heretic, Guardian, and even certain Forge Maps, all with Pistol/AR and BR starts.

My real answer is Mixtape Matchmaking though ;)
Please for the love of God give us back a 4v4 CE only Playlist. Actual Dedicated Servers like was advertised would be nice......
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not bump.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not bump.
Spoiler:
Show
BTB with all Halo games.
I would like a little more diversity in Big Team Battle. Don't get me wrong I love Halo 3, but when I have to play it every Big Team Battle match it kind of get's dull after awhile. I want to see more Halo CE, Halo 2, and Halo 2 anniversary even Halo 4. Try to make the veto system to not pick Halo 3 as much or put a Big Team Battle for the other games.
Better map rotation feels like the good maps never pop up just play the same old boring maps. Team objective
Map VETO instead of map voting. Voting sucks. Veto like H3 is the best
Custom browser would be amazing.

Probably more separation between the games. Sometimes I really want to play competitive H3 settings and sometimes I want to play competitive H2 settings. Its pretty annoying when I'm flip flopping between the two or even just finding it impossible to get a lobby to vote for H2 or H3 that day when its the one I wanted to play. God forbid I want CE 4v4 anywhere because I'll probably have to play through AR start Obital or SMG start H2 15 times to see 1 game. Situations like this carry over for just about every game except for Halo 3. Some of the playlists might not be popular but, seriously, just let us at least try to play what we want.

Halo 3 veto should be in MCC, H5, and H6.

Seriously just remove SMG starts in H2 or make it its own playlist. Even bungie finally admitted it was a mistake in the end. Its actually ridiculous because not only does the SMG actually just suck most of the time all of its shots don't even count so as soon as you're playing with players who are moderately skilled whoever grabs weapons off spawn is probably going to win. The other team typically quits when this happens to them because they just can't do anything on top of skill matching not really working in the default TS playlist to begin with
QuietMan3519 - Please don't post multiple times in a row, thanks. You can edit your last post to add more information
Dedicated objective social playlist.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.
Spoiler:
Show
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.
Spoiler:
Show
All of the games need separate ranked playslits. Example: Halo 1, 2, 3 and 4 each get 1 ranked: BTB playlist, Doubles playlist, 4v4 playlist, FFA playlist. the veto system you currently have is fine, it's just your playlists are extremely divisive when 2 teams want to play 2 different games. That right there is merely 16 playlists. there's an argument that the population wouldn't support oh so many playlists. well, when everyone gets to search and find exactly what they want to play whenever they want to play it, the population will grow as it becomes happier.
Please for the love of God give us back a 4v4 CE only Playlist. Actual Dedicated Servers like was advertised would be nice......
Same
Just support it. Update on monthly or even quarterly cycles. If you keep the playlists fresh I think you'll be amazed at player retention.
Amen to the last couple posts.
Halo 2 Midship BR ffa only playlist. Ranked or unranked it doesn't matter I just want some nonstop halo 2 br action
My top Playlist Wishlist Item for MCC relates to my top Feature Wishlist Item in that it's about cross-play capabilities; in other words, I’d love to see the matchmaking playlists accessible and playable between people who are on the original Halo 3 and Halo 4 disks with those on the MCC; plus, I’d include the Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary (CEA) title too, but that would also require having its Reach-based matchmaking added to the MCC which I’d very much love to see. This would require the past titles being revisited and having their online inner-workings including playlists retooled which I can't imagine would be an easy process.

The primary reason this is my most desired addition for the MCC is because it would centralize and pool the player base. I think cross-play is a critical aspect of a long-term outlook as it helps ensure the classic titles are positioned to maintain the best matchmaking experience for the player base as possible. However, if that’s a bit too massive and ambitious of a goal for the immediate future perhaps one of my other Playlist related items could be seen as a more practical option.

So, if matchmaking title Cross-Play isn't going to receive consideration for this update then how about…
  1. Social and Big Team matchmaking receiving a Join-in-Progress system that’s fairly identical to Halo 5’s. Of course, customs should receive a JiP system too.
  2. Standardizing a set of top level or "quickplay" playlists that combine multiple titles under a specific theme using Social and Ranked environments, but players could also individually select a que for specific games (a particular title per the playlist) that they were interested in playing too. (see below for an example and further description)
  3. Adding Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary matchmaking to MCC and its playlists.
  4. Adding more Anniversary maps and including them into the matchmaking by introducing purchasable DLC packs.
  5. Add the new TrueSkill system being worked on to the playlists and for the Ranked playlists combine it with a CSR system that's more in line with what Halo 5 uses (seasonal resets/iron or bronze through to onyx or champion) though pair it with a playlist experience progression too (aka experience based military ranks). The Social playlists would simply reference the experience based military ranks instead of any competitive skill ranks.
  6. Matchmaking preference selections that are perhaps similar to Halo 5’s Focused, Balanced, & Expanded options.
EXAMPLE:

RANKED -

Throwdown - (CE, H2, H2A, H3, H4) - The Hardcore/MLG/Pro/HCS stuff from the past.

Slayer - (CE, CEA, H2, H2A, H3, H4)

SWAT - (CE, CEA, H2, H2A, H3, H4)

Doubles - (CE, CEA, H2, H2A, H3, H4)

Lone Wolves FFA (CE, CEA, H2, H2A, H3, H4) - Weekends only?

Grifball (H3, H4) - Weekends only

SOCIAL -

Skirmish - (CE, CEA, H2, H2A, H3, H4) - Social Slayer combined with the non-slayer-based Objectives.

BTB - (CE, CEA, H2, H2A, H3, H4)

Infection - (H2A, H3, H4)

Shotty Snipers - (CE, CEA, H2, H2A, H3, H4)

Action Sack - (H2, H2A, H3, H4) - roll Multi-Team (2-person) and crazy Rumble Pit modes under the Action Sack banner by not having the playlist defined as a 4v4, but a mix of modes that feature 8 total players.

The offerings above act as a sort of "quickplay" (or a generally themed) option for the general public if they don't wish to select a specific title under one of the playlists. Those that do select a more specific title can match players who are also searching via the same specific request or with players who are searching under the "quickplay" playlists as well as people who are searching from a specific title's (H3, CEA, H4) original disk too and vise versa (if title cross-play is an implemented feature). Players should also have the ability to select and que individual searches for any number of particular titles if they so wished under a type of mix-and-match search system (similar to what Titanfall 2 has in place). The system should be designed to allow individuals and fireteam leaders to search per a specific request or multiple specific requests or per the general "quickplay" playlists. This is simply another type of cross-play concept and I'm sure it also would require a complete reworking of the online inner workings of matchmaking to make it work.
I would like to have a 4v4 Halo CE playlist. My fondest CE memories are of intense 4v4 matches at various LAN parties. #Nostalgia
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. ...
  9. 24