Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

[Locked] MCC are you serious?

OP Smrt Redneck

I've been a pc player for a while now and I dug out the old xbox to fire up halo, I've been iching to play MCC since i heard it was coming out on PC, get into my first game. It's a big team battle and my team gets absolutely rolled, 20 kills to 78 and that made it not very fun at all, getting spawn killed every 3 seconds is not very fun, so i get back into the menu and im banned from matchmaking, weird but ok. So I get an old account up and running, sign in. Fire up another match and I didnt realise the settings changed when u change accounts so i got shotguns on halo one. I wanted to play halo 3 really bad so i left the lobby, go to cue up another game after adjusting the settings, and now that accounts banned, banning someone after leaving one match? Is this why it takes 5 minutes to cue up a match on MCC? everyones banned? Anyone else have this problem, heartbreaking, I will not be buying MCC for PC if leaving one match is a ban able offense, is this normal?
quitting has been an epidemic in MCC to the point that the only real way to slow it down is to ban people every time they quit.

You already said that in your first match, the enemy team had 78 kills. How long would it have taken for them to get the remaining 22 kills, a minute and a half? just stick it out and don't be a sore loser.

For the second match, you admitted that you had the wrong search parameters set. That's 100% your fault. Why shouldn't there be a penalty for leaving your teammates down a player over something that was 100% your fault.

Come back and complain when you get banned because of a network issue or game crash and I'll have some sympathy. But, everything you've laid out is exactly why quit bans are in place.
Willko wrote:
quitting has been an epidemic in MCC to the point that the only real way to slow it down is to ban people every time they quit.

You already said that in your first match, the enemy team had 78 kills. How long would it have taken for them to get the remaining 22 kills, a minute and a half? just stick it out and don't be a sore loser.

For the second match, you admitted that you had the wrong search parameters set. That's 100% your fault. Why shouldn't there be a penalty for leaving your teammates down a player over something that was 100% your fault.

Come back and complain when you get banned because of a network issue or game crash and I'll have some sympathy. But, everything you've laid out is exactly why quit bans are in pT
Willko wrote:

Come back and complain when you get banned because of a network issue or game crash and I'll have some sympathy. But, everything you've laid out is exactly why quit bans are in place.
Thats the only thing I need to know, there is no way I'm buying a game that kicks me if a friend comes over and I have to leave abruptly, and yes you're right it is my fault, but thats like saying you punched someone in the face for breathing in your direction, get off your high horse and quit acting like that
Thats the only thing I need to know, there is no way I'm buying a game that kicks me if a friend comes over and I have to leave abruptly, and yes you're right it is my fault, but thats like saying you punched someone in the face for breathing in your direction, get off your high horse and quit acting like that
If a friend comes over, you don't need to leave abruptly. Finish your match while your friend watches, and then have your friend join in.

It's a pretty simple system to learn. If you want to avoid a ban, don't quit matches.

1st quit = 5 minute ban
2nd quit = 15 minute ban
3rd quit = 1 hour ban
4th quit = 16 hour ban
The counter resets every 16 hours. So, if you quit once and get your 5 minute ban, then wait 16 hours before quitting another match, the counter will have reset and your ban will be 5 minutes again.
You can find all the information about matchmaking bans in the pinned thread, have a read over the first post which outlines everything