Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

MCC Boot penalty doesn’t work

OP SilentGhost5294

Whenever my teammates kills me on purpose In a match why doesn’t the boot penalty pop up on my screen why can’t I boot them out of the game like seriously it gets really annoying how people get away with things online
Yes it's definitely frustrating when this happens. Usually it takes 3 betrayals in the majority of gametypes for you to get the boot/forgive prompt. The only omission is grifball where there is no boot option at all. Were you playing grifball perhaps?
No I was playing big team Slayer then some guy keeps killing his own teammates
Well that sucks, I'm sorry you're dealing with that. Best idea I have is to send the gamertag to Xbox Support and let them know what the player is doing. Can't guarantee you'll get a satisfying resolution to your problem that way, but if enough people complain on a particular gamertag, then the player will likely receive punishment for doing a chicken -yoink- thing like that.
Well that sucks, I'm sorry you're dealing with that. Best idea I have is to send the gamertag to Xbox Support and let them know what the player is doing. Can't guarantee you'll get a satisfying resolution to your problem that way, but if enough people complain on a particular gamertag, then the player will likely receive punishment for doing a chicken -yoink- thing like that.
I've tried doing that once, Xbox Support doesn't do a thing. Encountered the same guy that keeps betraying people for power weapons.
Maybe they didn't betray you enough?
The boot penalty is RNG. You just have to hope that the next betrayal gives the prompt. I've been booted on the first, accidental betrayal on CE's Hellbringers. Yet, some modes, i've had 20 betrayals and no prompt. Comes down to RNG and the game telling the difference btwn "Unintentional" to "intentional".
Whenever my teammates kills me on purpose In a match why doesn’t the boot penalty pop up on my screen why can’t I boot them out of the game like seriously it gets really annoying how people get away with things online
I’m not sure about the other games but on Reach if you boot 2 people, you can’t boot anymore. You’re basically open for betrayal for the rest of the game.
I was betrayed once 8 times in a row by 3 different guys. I betrayed one of them back only 1 time and that person got the prompt to boot me. I don’t remember the boot system being this finicky in the originals.
Swade wrote:
I’m not sure about the other games but on Reach if you boot 2 people, you can’t boot anymore. You’re basically open for betrayal for the rest of the game.
Half the word you said didn’t make any sense it’s not part of the guidelines if you keep betraying people in every match you will get a 10 min ban
Swade wrote:
Half the word you said didn’t make any sense it’s not part of the guidelines if you keep betraying people in every match you will get a 10 min ban
What about that doesn’t make sense to you? If you go in a game and 3 people betray you, you kick 2 of them, it won’t allow you to kick the 3rd, the option will not appear. It’s pretty straight forward buddy.
buzzsaw135 wrote:
I've tried doing that once, Xbox Support doesn't do a thing. Encountered the same guy that keeps betraying people for power weapons.
Reporting to Xbox support will only lower their reputation, eventually making it less likely to match them if their reputation decreases. Your best course of action is to record their offensive behavior, make a detailed report at Halo Support, and then block them. I would also report them quickly to xbox in the future(you said you already did for this incident) so their reputation will suffer as well.
This is usually all you can do most times anf I wish it did more but unfortunately sometimes it still doesnt deter some people. I actually ran into a person a couple days ago that kept team killing and went to report them, and on their xbox profile there actually was a warning from xbox on their profile to not play with them. How they have that warning and are still able to play is beyond me but I've never actually seen that before.