Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

MCC Campaign Feedback – November 2019

OP snickerdoodle

Welcome to the feedback thread for CAMPAIGN.

• Multiplayer Feedback goes HERE
  • Misc/Other Feedback goes HERE
The purpose of this thread is if you encounter an issue or have a suggestion or general feedback related to MCC Campaign. When posting, please include as much detail as possible to include:
  • MCC HALO GAME: please specify which game within MCC you're providing feedback for
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: please be as detailed as possible.
  • REPRO STEPS: If it's a bug/issue, please provide the steps taken to reproduce this bug (if applicable)
  • ADDITIONAL INFO: If you have a screenshot, game clip, or other supporting material, please provide the link in your post.
I just think making halo 1 and halo 2 campaign 4 player would be soooo fun
MCC Halo Game: Halo 1, Halo 2
Issue/Feedback: Long hitches, including game freezes during loading zones and check points.

MCC Halo Game: Halo 4
Issue/Feedback: Reclaimer mission, terrain doesn't load after boarding the Covenant ship. Characters and vehicle geometry despawn.

Hello! This past week I've been going through the MCC playlists for each game. On Halo 1 and 2 there is extreme hitching every time the player hits a load or checkpoint. There have been times where the game crashes and boots you all the way back to the Xbox dashboard. I'm currently playing Halo 4 and in the Reclaimer mission there's a point where the terrain doesn't load. Eventually all the characters also despawn there is no way to proceed.

I'm sure a lot of people have complained about this by now and I doubt it will ever get fixed at this point, but it's still very frustrating trying to go back and play.
MCC Halo Game: All

Feedback: I'd really like to see if the credits could be re-added to the game. I think, as well as naming all the devs who participated in its production, it also provided some important time for the player to sit back and digest what happened in the game, and organise their thoughts. It also provided a break before the hidden after-credits cutscenes that most of the games had, and removing the credits made those cutscenes have less of an impact. In some cases those cutscenes were entirely removed too. For example, Halo: CE is missing the cutscene that indicates guilty spark is still alive due to the credits being removed, and Halo: Reach would likely lose the important link it makes to Halo: CE, as that is part of the credits.

Also, the credits let you hear some of the games' fantastic music during, so that's also missing.
  • MCC HALO GAME: Halo 2 Anniversary
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: The game stutters when hitting checkpoints during campaign.
  • REPRO STEPS: Play a Halo 2 Anniversary campaign playlist with scoring turned on in the HUD and it'll happen every time.
  • ADDITIONAL INFO: I did a little testing and when playing the campaign normally - not through a playlist - and with no scoring or additional HUD items turned on, the game didn't stutter at all when hitting checkpoints.
MCC Halo game: All.

Feedback: Halo Reach has campaign matchmaking, but Halo MCC still doesn't? LASO matchmaking would be such a hit. I feel like that would seriously increase the population.
In game campaign stats for H3 still shows that the game has been unplayed instead of beaten on whatever difficulty it was completed on. This happened after the last major update earlier this year and shows it for all players.
In the HALO REACH of the mcc in the campaign mode there is a bug on the first screen when starting to try to get off the helicopter the noble 6 stays up and you have to restart the mission to fix it
In the HALO REACH of the mcc in the campaign mode there is a bug on the first screen when starting to try to get off the helicopter the noble 6 stays up and you have to restart the mission to fix it
If you find a bug, be sure to report it on the Halo support site which is linked in your email. This thread is for the current retail games in MCC.
Halo 2 Anniversary online coop crashes during M7: The Oracle. See these both threads for detailed information on how to reproduce:

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/85d779d52cfd46918b4f8b638f2e3c7b/topics/mcc-halo-2-online-coop-crash-mission-7-the-oracle/f15d5acb-c111-4939-b322-6e67ea8170f1/posts?page=1

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/85d779d52cfd46918b4f8b638f2e3c7b/topics/halo-2-the-orcale-crashes-coop/a1e0afcb-beef-47cf-b476-14acf83b64f3/posts?page=1
There are some SERIOUS problems here. First off, the game crashes whenever it goes into a cutscene in Halo 2, especially if its on the classic graphics, or at the begining of mission 3, Cairo Station. Also, in the later part of the mission Reclaimer in Halo 4, the ground doesnt load in and you fall through the mammoth, even though the mammoth just floats there. Also, checkpoints just randomly not load, like I die, restart from a point, die from same poitn, but respawn closer to when I died. This could just be a mechanic, but I'm putting it out there

PLEASE FIX THESE!!!! It literally makes Halo 4 impossible to beat, and I'm on my solo legendary playthroughs. Same with Halo 2.