Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (Xbox)

[Locked] MCC Campaign Feedback - April 2019

OP Postums

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4
Please use this official thread to share any and all MCC CAMPAIGN FEEDBACK.
  • MULTIPLAYER FEEDBACK can be provided HERE.
  • Misc/Other Feedback can be provided HERE.
If you encounter an issue or have a suggestion or general feedback related to MCC CAMPAIGN, please include as much detail as possible.
  • MCC HALO GAME: please specify which game within MCC you're providing feedback for
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: please be as detailed as possible.
  • REPRO STEPS: If it's a bug/issue, please provide the steps taken to reproduce this bug (if applicable)
  • ADDITIONAL INFO: If you have a screenshot, game clip, or other supporting material, please provide the link in your post.
Thank you
Would it be possible to add an online search function for campaign co-op?

It would be great to be able to jump into a 4 player co-op session just by searching for a particular mission and difficulty.I think it would be an issue if people quit or were unskilled, but adding a skill rank (or just matching you with people that never quit) would solve this problem.

Keep up the good work!
Would it be possible to add an online search function for campaign co-op?

It would be great to be able to jump into a 4 player co-op session just by searching for a particular mission and difficulty.I think it would be an issue if people quit or were unskilled, but adding a skill rank (or just matching you with people that never quit) would solve this problem.

Keep up the good work!
Sounds like something you might want to add to the large wishlist already going.But I think it's been requested before a few times.
I’ve asked 3 times now, that’s ok though. I understand that you guys are a big company and do a lot of stuff. When I try to start up the oracle on legendary, on the loading screen my game freezes and it chrashes the mcc. Please figure this out, I would love to flex monopolized on all of my friends. I love the new update anyways, it’s great. Please and thanks, love y’all
I am playing Halo 2 on legendary using 4 skulls, including Bandana, Envy, Prophet Birthday Party and Scarab. I was at the boss fightand since the update, every time I pull the trigger on the gun, the game freezes. Help!
I once again see no campaign bug fixes in the patch notes. I will investigate the campaign bugs and update this post later.

Halo CE: Spirit drop ships are still firing from the wrong location. They should be shooting from the turret under the ship, instead they are firing from the center of the tuning fork shape.
  • MCC HALO GAME:HALO2&HALO3
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK:Please add subtitles to the game to help people with hearing impairment
MCC HALO GAME: Halo 2 Anniversary
ISSUE: Unable to Drop Skull After Pick-Up

I just started a "Skull Collection Run" of H2A on Legendary on 4/3/19 following the Yappening Update. After picking up a skull, I was then unable to drop it (I tried to drop it with X just like I'd picked it up, then I tried to switch weapons with Y. Neither had an affect). This happened on Cairo Station, both skulls on Outskirts, and Metropolis. In each instance, I simply reverted to the last checkpoint (after waiting for the achievement to pop) and continued on. Did not affect the achievement pop as those all happened within a couple seconds of touching the skull.

I also picked up the skull on the Armory (played each level in campaign order) but didn't notice if the skull was drop-able since it was the first skull I'd found (so I wasn't looking for the issue) and I had left it in my hand when the cutscene/end of level happened. Cairo Station started normally and I had no weapons as usual but maybe ending a level with a skull in hand had an affect on future skull pickups?

I don't know if this was an issue before The Yappening as I haven't ever gone for an H2A skull before that point. I had collected all of Halo CE and Halo 3's skulls but that was within 6 months of the games launch and didn't experience any problems then. I can provide Theater footage if it would help although there's not much to see since i'm just holding a skull haha. Again, not a huge deal since reverting the checkpoint fixed it each time, but just wanted to do my part and report it.
Game: Halo 2
Issue: Classic Music is far too quiet in the MCC version.

I understand the licensing issues with Follow and Blow me Away, but please raise the volume of at least rest of the original soundtrack. I know that we would all like those songs to be audible as well, but I think everyone would rather have most of the music be at an appropriate volume with a few exceptions than none at all. I'm so conflicted when playing Halo 2 with classic graphics, because I enjoy the many supported features that MCC provides, but the soundtrack is my favourite part of the entire game
Patch notes seem to indicate the spartan ops progress emblems are resolved:

"Fixed an issue where the mission completed difficulty badges for Spartan Ops missions were not displayed"

But all of mine still say unplayed.
MCC HALO GAME: Halo 2 Anniversary
ISSUE: Unable to Drop Skull After Pick-Up

I just started a "Skull Collection Run" of H2A on Legendary on 4/3/19 following the Yappening Update. After picking up a skull, I was then unable to drop it (I tried to drop it with X just like I'd picked it up, then I tried to switch weapons with Y. Neither had an affect). This happened on Cairo Station, both skulls on Outskirts, and Metropolis. In each instance, I simply reverted to the last checkpoint (after waiting for the achievement to pop) and continued on. Did not affect the achievement pop as those all happened within a couple seconds of touching the skull.

I also picked up the skull on the Armory (played each level in campaign order) but didn't notice if the skull was drop-able since it was the first skull I'd found (so I wasn't looking for the issue) and I had left it in my hand when the cutscene/end of level happened. Cairo Station started normally and I had no weapons as usual but maybe ending a level with a skull in hand had an affect on future skull pickups?

I don't know if this was an issue before The Yappening as I haven't ever gone for an H2A skull before that point. I had collected all of Halo CE and Halo 3's skulls but that was within 6 months of the games launch and didn't experience any problems then. I can provide Theater footage if it would help although there's not much to see since i'm just holding a skull haha. Again, not a huge deal since reverting the checkpoint fixed it each time, but just wanted to do my part and report it.
You just "fire" your weapon. Use the right trigger to drop the skull. All except for the angry skull which becomes a part of your weapon set after you pick it up just hit y for that one.
Campaign is still experiencing input lag for non host. Both on the west coast
Halo ce 2 player online co op
halo3 odst and halo4 campaign, cannot execute, then game shutdown.
Only issue is that Halo 2A I'm trying to play campaign with a buddy online 2 different consoles An I am host When I start the level it crashes my game every time Only when we play coop. It doesn't do it in single player campaigns His game also crashes when he hosts Very odd Even did hard resets and fresh installs of the game and still having this issue
Yeah i'm running through the whole Mcc On legendary including ODST and when reach comes out.
  • MCC HALO GAME: Halo CE.
  • ISSUE/FEEDBACK: cooperative LASO doesn't work at all.
  • REPRO STEPS: the issue happens when you try to load into any mission (you and your partner get booted before you can do anything) It started after the Truth&Reconciliation level.
You just "fire" your weapon. Use the right trigger to drop the skull. All except for the angry skull which becomes a part of your weapon set after you pick it up just hit y for that one.
Ah, well now I feel dumb haha. Does it change between titles?
Love the new challenge. Hunting grunts right now. I think it would be cool if maybe you introduced a type of scavenger hunt with these updates too. Everyone knows all the Easter eggs because they’re so old but now you have to opportunity to give us hints that only last a month. I had a strange feeling that with The Yappening, something different would happen if I went to the thirsty grunt and headshot him. :(

I also enjoy the tips that show up at the bottom while a map is loading. Can they maybe be made specific to each game? This is actually a great place to mention things like backpack reloading and BXRs when loading CE or H2 respectively. Then nobody can say that it’s not explicitly taught. I actually never realized if you held in the thumbstick it would unzoom when you let go of it.
MCC Game: Halo 2
Issue: Aim assist becomes inverted, "pushing" reticle away from enemies. Causes portion of level to become impassable. Applies to friendly units as well.
REPRO: M11 Quarantine Zone - Heroic
After the elevator gondola section has begun, when the elevator starts its ascent, aim assist will suddenly stop you from properly aiming at any enemies. Friendly projectiles miss dramatically, needler needles appearing to curve upward. Mission becomes impassable at this point due to number of enemies and inability to aim at them correctly.
After the most recent update, my game has been freezing for a few seconds at every single campaign checkpoint, across every game.

I am playing 4K on an Xbox One X.

Whenever a checkpoint happens, the whole game freezes on a single frame for 1-2 seconds before continuing. This is the same across Halo 1, 2 and 3 (Have not tested ODST or 4), throughout every single checkpoint in every mission. This issue was not present before updating the game a few days ago.

I would say this is a minor bug, and a definite annoyance. Other than that the game is 100% stable, with no frame issues and no crashing.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4